WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

Hello, 

right now I'm using WheelLog with my Inmotion V8 and I'm very happy with it. If there was no Wheellog and you had to use the bad Inmotion App, every tour with the EUC would be a nuisance at the same time.

Now it looks like my next EUC will be KS-16X as soon as it is available.

Can I assume that Wheellog supports the KS-16X? 

As far as I know, the KingSong app is also supposed to be for the trash can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Can I assume that Wheellog supports the KS-16X? 

Yes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

What version of WheelLog do you use?

I was using 2.0.26, yeasterday I downloaded newest from this thread (2.0.29) and it's worse :(

Quick question: bug reports you want here, or is it spamming too much?

on 2.0.29 :

I get 1-2 times information that "connection lost", while nothing is lost. Bluetooth is connected, second time I didn't even logged into the service (online thing). First time it was still runnig - I see no icon or indication that anything is lost - or I have no idea what is lost.

Right now if the alarm is turning on (hard to tell is it turning on properly, I have dificulties in setting it up properly - but read yeasterday about speed AND baterry level) it turns off the audio, do not turn it back, and actually nothing plays through bluetooth headphones, I just feel vibration, but have no idea what alarm is triggered.

Also It somehow forbids me sometimes from "top-down swipe setting menu" that my phone has (you know, general setting and notifications you can acces always), and the "home button" or "switch button" are gone. I can only close the app.

My phone is using EMUI 4.0.3 based on android 6.0

Adnotacja 2019-05-18 095155.png

Edited by Dawid

9 hours ago, Coco66 said:

I feel so stupid... I have just installed 2.0.28 abd I cannot find how to get into settings... that's the 4 screens I see... 

Just swipe your finger from left screen edge to the right :)

Edited by Seba

1 hour ago, Dawid said:

I get 1-2 times information that "connection lost", while nothing is lost. Bluetooth is connected, second time I didn't even logged into the service (online thing). First time it was still runnig - I see no icon or indication that anything is lost - or I have no idea what is lost.

It's intended behaviour that was introduced in 2.0.29. Previously connection state was based on Bluetooth connection state, not wheel connection state. Two doesn't mean the same. There can be Bluetooth connection estabilished but no data being received from the wheel. It's rare and usually it's a sign of an anomaly, but - as in your case - it's possible. Because voice speed alerts are used in place of wheel beeps that get lost in wind noise, it's important that user will always get instant alert or will be immediately notified that there are no fresh data from the wheel and speed alerts won't work. Being online or not doesn't have anything to wheel connection reliability.

1 hour ago, Dawid said:

Right now if the alarm is turning on (hard to tell is it turning on properly, I have dificulties in setting it up properly - but read yeasterday about speed AND baterry level) it turns off the audio, do not turn it back, and actually nothing plays through bluetooth headphones, I just feel vibration, but have no idea what alarm is triggered.

There was a problem with voice alerts blocking all subsequent alerts, but it was resolved some time ago. I was able to reproduce it, found a culprit and fixed. Now it seems to work in general, as no one later reported about it's occurence. I'll try to find a phone similar to yours and research your report.

1 hour ago, Dawid said:

My phone is using EMUI 4.0.3 based on android 6.0

Older Huawei phones are known to cause many issues with applications that rely on Bluetooth and GPS. Especially their power-saving features causes many applications to be killed after few minutes of running in background. There is a lot of user reports in Internet about Huawei phones killing Endomondo during workout.

Review your phone settings, turn Energy Settings to Normal and add WheelLog to “Protected Apps”. It may be also needed to disable battery optimizations for WheelLog. Unfortunately I always had a lot of compatibility issues with Huawei and Xiaomi devices :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

There can be Bluetooth connection estabilished but no data being received from the wheel.

My bottom line is : it's confusing. So do I have it connected or nor? I see things changing. I have battery, speed etc. All indicated that it's ok. And I got a warning that is not. And no later information that it is connected again. Anyway it's annoying as with every WheelLog close and open, I have to hear that.

8 minutes ago, Seba said:

I always had a lot of compatibility issues with Huawei and Xiaomi devices

Yeah... I get that a lot... closing apps, tied really everything.  Time to change a phone.

9 hours ago, Coco66 said:

I feel so stupid... I have just installed 2.0.28 abd I cannot find how to get into settings... that's the 4 screens I see... 

Anybody able to help?

What do I miss?

2 minutes ago, Dawid said:

My bottom line is : it's confusing. So do I have it connected or nor? I see things changing. I have battery, speed etc. All indicated that it's ok. And I got a warning that is not. And no later information that it is connected again. Anyway it's annoying as with every WheelLog close and open, I have to hear that.

Currently there is two seconds timeout between latest valid data arrival and "Connection lost" message. Normally it's more than enough, as data from wheel are sent with much shorter interval. However if you see that values are changing, it may be the case that phone resources are limited and Android get's overloaded, causing some delays in data processing longer than two seconds. I could  increase it to - say - five seconds and it should help. Anyway it seems that your phone is the most limiting factor for you and it would be a good idea to change :)

13 hours ago, Dawid said:

Does anyone has problem that when alarm kicks in it dims the spofity/music for a second, and doesn't return to the previous value? I have to restart wheellog to have it louder again.

In my case, my the volume is lowered while voice messages are being played, and then raised after they've finished. This is actually configurable per the music player. I can set it to resume or not. It might be worth checking your Spotify settings :)

For the other issues you're having, it might also be worth checking, as Sebas recommended, the power settings in your phone, especially anything related to "energy saving" or "putting apps to sleep". Make sure WheelLog isn't automatically put to sleep when running in the background (on some phones this is called "Always keep awake"). Also worth checking, in connection settings, to make sure the OS isn't restricting background data for WheelLog.

37 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

Anybody able to help?

What do I miss?

Answer below:

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Just swipe your finger from left screen edge to the right :)

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

Just slide your finger from the left side of the screen you'll reveal the panel with settings and more

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coco66 said:

In the "old" versions on came to the settings by swiping from the left border to the right. Don't know if anything changed inbetween?

A bit more natural/android style would be implementing the three dots in the upper right corner...:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

In the "old" versions on came to the settings by swiping from the left border to the right. Don't know if anything changed inbetween?

A bit more natural/android style would be implementing the three dots in the upper right corner...:ph34r:

Current WheelLog user interface is far from ideal, but changing it: 1) would require complete overhaul of the application; 2) would upset users that are just used to this. I'm not too eager to do any of these two :P

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, buell47 said:

As far as I know, the KingSong app is also supposed to be for the trash can.

The most recent version is a bit better than its predecessors (especially in terms of battery drainage), but yeah, in essence, it's still one of the buggiest apps I've ever used... I only install it every now and then to change parameters I can't change with WheelLog (light mode, lift sensor calibration, etc.), but for daily use, it's WheelLog all the way! :thumbup:

2.0.29 is working great so far. I was initially concerned that the beeping when the wheel is disconnected would get annoying (if I stop to have lunch mid-tour and switch the wheel off, without closing WheelLog, to not reset the counters, for example), but thy solution is as easy as turning voice messages off until I resume riding. 

The image upload messages are a nice addition and work well, no need to add any functions to prevent the user from finishing a tour until the image has finished uploading, IMO. It's as easy as not finishing the tour until the message "Upload complete" is displayed. 

Auto reconnection to wheel seems to be working better too. 

The only bug I've encountered is that I'm unable to pause my tours. The pause button turns orange, stays orange for about three seconds, then switches back to blue. I've checked my tour on the site and it hasn't been paused (no "travsformation is taking a break" message on top). 

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

2.0.29 is working great so far. I was initially concerned that the beeping when the wheel is disconnected would get annoying (if I stop to have lunch mid-tour and switch the wheel off, without closing WheelLog, to not reset the counters, for example), but thy solution is as easy as turning voice messages off until I resume riding. 

I think it's a good idea to add option to mute voice messages while tour is paused and GPS speed is below 3 km/h. 

The image upload messages are a nice addition and work well, no need to add any functions to prevent the user from finishing a tour until the image has finished uploading, IMO. It's as easy as not finishing the tour until the message "Upload complete" is displayed. 

I've already added small icon to show that there is an image transfer in background, so along with popup it should be enough :)

The only bug I've encountered is that I'm unable to pause my tours. The pause button turns orange, stays orange for about three seconds, then switches back to blue. I've checked my tour on the site and it hasn't been paused (no "travsformation is taking a break" message on top). 

Yes, I've found this and already fixed so 2.0.30 will be free of this problem. Upcoming version will add several important changes and new features, so I was today on a "test" tour - https://euc.world/tour/574977880603206 - I can confirm two things. Now image upload is lightning fast with 4G and my phone camera is a piece of sh*t in low-light conditions :crying:However take a look at the last photo in tour gallery. A wild dungeon with its cubs passed before me... :)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, koseialex said:

wheellog does not work on rockwheel GT16 V3, do you have to install some specific version?

Hello, thank you for your job, i have the same probleme with my gt16, the alarms doesn't work!!! 

1 hour ago, Scrounch said:

i have the same probleme with my gt16, the alarms doesn't work!!!

Only alarms doesn't work or there is a total lack of communication with wheel? Also it would be very helpful to me if you could give me more details about your problem. Cos I don't even know what alarms you mean - wheel beeps, audible speed alerts etc.

Seba, thanks for the good work!

I am trying to use the new feature of EUC.world for changing visibility of a tour, but... how to "save" after I change it?

2.jpg.4f0c1d4c724606e4cbc92d0011b17918.jpg

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

When you selected it it's automatically marked as the one you changed it to.

Well, not for me. If I change it, wait a bit, refresh the page... it's back to where it was.

3 hours ago, Coco66 said:

Well, not for me. If I change it, wait a bit, refresh the page... it's back to where it was.

What web browser are you using and on what device?