8 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

It still depends on your weight, but In general the psi range Marty established should work for most people. I ride my Z10 with 29 psi, a bit hard for off road riding and bumps but very pleasant and stable for most riding conditions.

Please, how heavy are you?

12 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

:w00t2:

Yes, I think so too. ? Much too heavy! Please don’t laugh. But I try to convince myself the head and whatever is inside accounts for at least 40 kg of that. ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Yes, I think so too. ? Much too heavy! Please don’t laugh. But I try to convince myself the head and whatever is inside accounts for at least 40 kg of that. ?

Isnt 62kg considered almost feather-weight, at least in boxing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I'm 95 kgs... I'll have to figure out what psi to use... 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

Isnt 62kg considered almost feather-weight, at least in boxing.

I wear boxer shorts, but I don’t box. And, and, and .. ornithologists commonly measure birds’ feathers as a proportion of total body weight. So, a 5-pound broiler chicken’s feathers weigh about 74 grams (not kg!) or 2.6 ounces, or 3.3 percent of its body weight. Since that chicken has some 9,000 feathers, each one weighs about 0.0082 grams. And then again. I am not a chicken, even though I wished to be feather-weight-wise. But even as heavy as 62 kg the Z10 rides perfectly well with 29 psi.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

I'm 95 kgs... I'll have to figure out what psi to use... 

Start around 31-32 psi and you should be alright. Marty put a good video on YouTube “Ninebot Z10 Tire Pressure and Filling the Tire” . That should help. Anyway, if you go too low the Z10 feels unstable, if you are too high every larger bump or step might send you of your wheel. If you ride off road a lot, I would even stay in the upper 20 psi range. But I wouldn’t really now, since I am called a “feather-weight”.

• Like 1

Trolley handle is not very stiff but it serve its purpose. To lift Z10 You have handle with switch off torque function, so no problem with lifting.  Mybe in some time NB will upgrade it in some way - the good thing is that this is external part which is easy to replace when broken  or new model arrive.  Z10 is my favorite wheel now - also se Marty Backe videos - he is happy with that wheel.   The only drawback is weight - but you do not carry this device a lot, and I am sure that for the grown up man - 27 kg is not that much in fact - if you put it close to Your leg- it can be carried without any problems two-three floors up the stairs...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mary Johnson said:

I wanted to ask about the trolley handle, watching a couple of the unboxing videos it looks to be stronger. Can anyone with a production model verify?

I was interested in the V10F when I saw it drop, actually came across it on Amazon before reading about it, though I'm not as interested in it now. I think it would still be cool to ride but not sure I want to invest in one.

TBH I've not looked into too many other brands except Ninebot and Inmotion, so my knowledge base is very limited. I do tend to do as much research as possible before making a decision to purchase.

I started with the One E+ which is a joy to ride but given it only has a carry handle, it's a pain to go anywhere with it other than a joy ride around post. I actually finally made the leap and purchased my V8 because I just couldn't stand carrying the E+ anymore. If I had to choose ride wise, I would go with the E+ because of how it handles and the sheer size of it. The V8 is fun but I feel less stable on it and that's probably because I'm already tall and it makes me feel taller.

I've actually been following the forum since early last year about 2 months before deciding to buy the E+ while I was in the desert. I want to thank all of you guys for the posts and videos that you do. There's a lot of people that follow the content but just don't comment themselves.

Yes, the wheel is a pain to carry, but NinebotUS sells a trolley handle for it.  It works great, and is easily removed (except for the bracket) so you can ride without it installed if you want.  A little pricey for what you get, but it was worth every penny to me.  This link shows it to be in stock.  http://www.ninebotus.com/ninebot-one-trolley-handle/  

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mary Johnson said:

I wanted to ask about the trolley handle, watching a couple of the unboxing videos it looks to be stronger. Can anyone with a production model verify?

I was interested in the V10F when I saw it drop, actually came across it on Amazon before reading about it, though I'm not as interested in it now. I think it would still be cool to ride but not sure I want to invest in one.

TBH I've not looked into too many other brands except Ninebot and Inmotion, so my knowledge base is very limited. I do tend to do as much research as possible before making a decision to purchase.

I started with the One E+ which is a joy to ride but given it only has a carry handle, it's a pain to go anywhere with it other than a joy ride around post. I actually finally made the leap and purchased my V8 because I just couldn't stand carrying the E+ anymore. If I had to choose ride wise, I would go with the E+ because of how it handles and the sheer size of it. The V8 is fun but I feel less stable on it and that's probably because I'm already tall and it makes me feel taller.

I've actually been following the forum since early last year about 2 months before deciding to buy the E+ while I was in the desert. I want to thank all of you guys for the posts and videos that you do. There's a lot of people that follow the content but just don't comment themselves.

Hi Mary, welcome to the forum. Glad to see an active servicemember *and* another NB1E+ diehard join our ranks. :efef62fc70:

You should also consider Speedyfeet.co.uk - their price for the trolley handle kit is more than $15 less than NinebotUS at the current exchange rate, and the shipping will possibly be less and arrive faster from the UK. I have ordered from both (albeit with delivery to the US) and found both companies to be very good. Surprisingly, Speedy lives up to his name with fast, inexpensive international shipping, so I have ordered from him more often, including a couple new batteries for my E+ for just $100 each, although no longer available.

So, when you ride around on base, do you dismount in order to salute? Are you permitted to ride while on duty in uniform? Off base? I visited Osan AB and local town several times while at Yongsan many years ago, and would have loved to ride an EUC through Seoul.

• Like 2

Im 85 KG and i have figured Out, that 25psi is Just perfekt for me (for both Mixed Off and onroad). Its sich a great unique Drive with this wheel. Just a little Bit to slow ? a great cruising Speed at 40Kmh, but Topspeed could be  better at about 55 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoberAce said:

Finally I just complete 1.000 Kms after 20 days with my Z10

I am just below 200 km in one week of use... BTW - what is your current preferred tire pressure  ?

On 8/5/2018 at 11:36 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

I ride my Z10 like you without the ugly mud guard and halfhearted trolley handle attached, AND I really wish Ninebot had installed LEDs all the way up as originally intended. I think, the Z10 looks so much cooler without the mud guard and it would even look more coolerer with the LEDs going all the way up with the naked tire. Does anybody agree?!

It looks a lot better without the trolley and mudguard.

It’s a little inconvenient when I get to work and I have to bend down and use the handle to push it to my desk. Luckily I’m not very tall so I don’t have to bend down as much. 

Someone mentioned using a strap, I’ve tried using a pet collar and it somewhat works going straight but not on turning. 

:wub: Love that fat tire!  When you think about it more, you can see how the width of the tire can limit how many batteries you can include.  Ninebot was able to have motor covers that are concave rather than convex so there's room for batteries.  I wonder if they could do a combo battery system where they added some over the top like on the InMotions in addition to the regular packs.  That would extend the range.  Also imagine if they upped the voltage to 84V what the wheel would be like... :w00t2:  As it is now, it's probably perfectly fine for 90% of the consumer base who want this type of wheel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:wub: Love that fat tire!  When you think about it more, you can see how the width of the tire can limit how many batteries you can include.  Ninebot was able to have motor covers that are concave rather than convex so there's room for batteries.  I wonder if they could do a combo battery system where they added some over the top like on the InMotions in addition to the regular packs.  That would extend the range.  Also imagine if they upped the voltage to 84V what the wheel would be like... :w00t2:  As it is now, it's probably perfectly fine for 90% of the consumer base who want this type of wheel.

I agree,  the wheel's usecase is good enough for 90% of consumers. I believe there is a regulatory reason why they did not go for 84v like most of the new EUCs in 2018.

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1