15 minutes ago, minhtam123456789 said:

It's too dark, are not you scared?

Nhật Bản là một đất nước rất an toàn! (Japan is a very safe country!)

Edited by Toshio Uemura

5 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Could be just the lack of dynamic range with his camera.

Personally, I think the One Z lights are not the best but usable and serves it's purpose. A handheld light is still my preferred option.

Not if it is pitch black dark and you have snakes ? on the roads once in while. I am not afraid of them but I would hate running one over. They usually lie all the way across the path. And yes the dynamic range of my iPhone sucks. ? 

11 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

why for my riding purposes the headlights of the Z10 are close to useless.

Please get like 5 meters from the wall and turn the Z10 lamp on this wall - then You will see the beam of light going upwards, not even reaching the road - that is why You find it useless. If You correct the angle You will find it very useful especially as it is placed on top of the wheel and shows bumps in the road really well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is the example of the corrected light (sorry no pics for the "original" setup - but it was really useless)

it is showing bumps nicely, and is sufficient for low speed riding in case you have to come back from some place and You forgot the "real light"  (I will not forget as my lights are on my helmet - and I do not ride without helmet)

Markers every 10 meters. 

For comparison - see the next pics - which is Z10 light + helmet lamps short range (2x10W Cree leds with proper lenses @80% of power) and third picture which is Z10 light + helmet lamps short range (2x10W Cree leds with proper lenses @80% of power) + helmet lamp long range (1x10W Cree led with proper lens @100% of power)

P1150092-z10-light-b.jpg

P1150096-Z10-light-+-2x10W-Cree-at-80%-b.jpg

P1150096-Z10-light-+-2x10W-Cree-at-80%-+-1x10W-Cree-long-range-b.jpg

Edited by Lukasz
file quota limit reached - attachment deleted
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

it is showing bumps nicely, and is sufficient for low speed riding in case you have to come back from some place and You forgot the "real light" 

Thank you for your pictures and detailed information.

We both agree that once you get used to what you call a “real light”, the original “petroleum light” of the Z becomes more like a band-aid light, a stop gap solution; so I prefer to not screw around on my Z10 and simply leave the inner lights switched off when riding in the dark. It looks so so much cooler and futuristic from a distance. I keep my flashlight (always charged) with my other Z10 gear, so I will not forget it. But I am sure, people who like to use the original light for riding in the dark will find your instructions for modification very helpful. ? Thank you!

by the way: what kind of “real light” are you using (brand, model name)? It is very bright and beautiful. 

Edited by Toshio Uemura

Hello, one quick question: is IT normal that The batteries Discharge itself for

10 % percent in one Week of non usage? From 68 to 58 %,  Why? 

Never noticed this in my gotways. 

20 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

what kind of “real light” are you using (brand, model name)?

Custom solution unfortunately...  build based on lens and body of Chinese headlamps but heavily modified.  See bit more here.

• Like 1

As I am pretty soon going to get this wheel I read somewhat concerned all this talk about face plants on shutdown. What happens if you are doing say a moderate speed of 20 kmh and the wheel suddenly shuts down for whatever reason. Does that mean an immediate 90 degree change in the riders position in relation to ground or is there possibility that you could coast some meters before you start losing balance, i.e., leaving you time to react. Ian said in some Gotway video that shutdown means immediate faceplant and therefore he did not recommend riding at excessive speeds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Hello, one quick question: is IT normal that The batteries Discharge itself for

10 % percent in one Week of non usage? From 68 to 58 %,  Why? 

Never noticed this in my gotways. 

Probably, because your Z is angry ? that you ignored it for a week! Sorry I can not test and confirm this for you, since I could never not use my Z10 for longer than a day.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

As I am pretty soon going to get this wheel I read somewhat concerned all this talk about face plants on shutdown. What happens if you are doing say a moderate speed of 20 kmh and the wheel suddenly shuts down for whatever reason. Does that mean an immediate 90 degree change in the riders position in relation to ground or is there possibility that you could coast some meters before you start losing balance, i.e., leaving you time to react. Ian said in some Gotway video that shutdown means immediate faceplant and therefore he did not recommend riding at excessive speeds.

There is zero coasting. Fortunately it rarely happens, but something most of us think about periodically during our rides.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

There is zero coasting. Fortunately it rarely happens, but something most of us think about periodically during our rides.

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. Ian likened the wheel control board to (buggy) computers, which really did not increase my confidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

So I take it this means that one should not try to push the wheels limits, no matter what your charge level is?

Definitely. Especially when you ride a less powerful wheel after riding a very powerful one for a longer time and trust this power to keep you balanced. However, riding the Z10 now for a few weeks, I have to say, I never felt safer on any other wheel. You start trusting the Z completely. It becomes part of your body. This is in some way true with every wheel, you ride for a while. However the level of trust is different, you will see.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

One good thing so: it’s an amazing thing to realize that your body can heal! ? 

I am glad you are an optimist. I was once riding my ebike on some surprise snow with slicks on and doing about 25 kmh, fell pretty much instantaneously and broke a rib in the process. Painful as hell for days if not weeks. No laughing, coughing or sneezing. Tons of ibuprofen.

Edited by Ziiten