On 7/8/2018 at 8:54 PM, Nic said:

Now you've got me worried...

I just paid the £1000 pre-order on my Z10 last week ... the price looked amazing and I really struggled to justify even spending this much. I was a little worried by the bank transfer thing, especially as my bank checked the receiving account and said that it was a personal account and not a business account. The chap I was in touch with at theninebot.co.uk was Dominic and he has yet to reply to my emails asking him to confirm the transfer or expected delivery of my Z10. I am hoping it all goes well and I do actually receive my Z10 as promised. The website appears legit, which is why I went through with placing my order. Please someone tell me its all going to be ok? ?

Hi Nic,  dit you winn?

I paid 1400 pre-order 3weeks ago and 1 week ago I gut a confermation from Dominic that yes he recived the payment but after that nothing...

sorry my bad english C.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CBN said:

Hi Nic,  dit you winn?

I paid 1400 pre-order 3weeks ago and 1 week ago I gut a confermation from Dominic that yes he recived the payment but after that nothing...

sorry my bad english C.

Hi CBN, I'm still waiting for a delivery date as Z10 is still pre-order for now. I am confident Dominic will deliver as the company has been running since 2015, so I don't think it will disappear overnight. I think Z10 may go up to closer to £1800 after widely available to bring it in line with other high-end wheels, so you got a good deal too. I am thinking early September is likely for news on delivery (fingers-crossed). :whistling:

In the meantime I bought myself an InMotion V8 from Amazon for £750 to learn on and keep me going in case I don't see my Z10, though I also wanted something lighter than Z10 for short trips to pick up groceries. I've had my V8 for about a week now and still haven't mastered it well enough to venture out onto public roads. Its much harder to learn than a bicycle. I can go in a straight line just now and am practising doing turns in a car park. At least I won't wreck my Z10 when I get it as I will already have learned to ride EUCs.:)

Edited by Nic
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Nic said:

At least I won't wreck my Z10 when I get it as I will already have learned to ride EUCs.:)

That is a good strategy to start with a light inexpensive but well build wheel like the V8 or an older ACM. Especialy the ACM can take a few hits it’s almost indistructable like a tank. The V8 is agile and stylish, a good choice as well, and when you get your beautiful Z10 you will be surprised how stable it is and how easy to make turns or ride backwards. Important is to learn to keep one foot (usually your dominant foot) closely “glued” to the wheel so you never loose control of it. This is easier to practice and learn with a light wheel like the V8 and it is essential for safely handling the heavy Z10. So keep practicing and enjoy your V8.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

That is a good strategy to start with a light inexpensive but well build wheel like the V8 or an older ACM. Especialy the ACM can take a few hits it’s almost indistructable like a tank. The V8 is agile and stylish, a good choice as well, and when you get your beautiful Z10 you will be surprised how stable it is and how easy to make turns or ride backwards. Important is to learn to keep one foot (usually your dominant foot) closely “glued” to the wheel so you never loose control of it. This is easier to practice and learn with a light wheel like the V8 and it is essential for safely handling the heavy Z10. So keep practicing and enjoy your V8.

Hi I'm new here : )

I also did buy the V8 as my first wheel and now waiting for my Z10.
I have been riding the V8 for 3½ months now and I'm super excited about getting my Z10!
Can't wait : )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elwire said:

Hi I'm new here : )

I also did buy the V8 as my first wheel and now waiting for my Z10.
I have been riding the V8 for 3½ months now and I'm super excited about getting my Z10!
Can't wait : )

Welcome! It’s quite a differnt feeling with the Z10. So you might be disappointed the first few days. But once you have tamed the beast, there is nothing like it out there. It really becomes a part of your body, not just something you ride on. It it will make you feel very safe! A big part of mastering the Z is finding the right tire pressure that feels perfect for you. I recommend you experiment around a bit. Depending on your weight it should be somewhere between 30 and 22 psi. Don’t skip that important step, while being all excited about your new wheel. 

And keep practicing with both your wheels. It is good for your mind and body. But to be honest: by now I have to force myself to get on any of my five other wheels, even the Tesla and the MSuper V3s+. They are still fun though, but different. The Z is extremely addictive. Almost can’t get off anymore in the evening. ? 

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Nic said:

Hi CBN, I'm still waiting for a delivery date as Z10 is still pre-order for now. I am confident Dominic will deliver as the company has been running since 2015, so I don't think it will disappear overnight. I think Z10 may go up to closer to £1800 after widely available to bring it in line with other high-end wheels, so you got a good deal too. I am thinking early September is likely for news on delivery (fingers-crossed). :whistling:

In the meantime I bought myself an InMotion V8 from Amazon for £750 to learn on and keep me going in case I don't see my Z10, though I also wanted something lighter than Z10 for short trips to pick up groceries. I've had my V8 for about a week now and still haven't mastered it well enough to venture out onto public roads. Its much harder to learn than a bicycle. I can go in a straight line just now and am practising doing turns in a car park. At least I won't wreck my Z10 when I get it as I will already have learned to ride EUCs.:)

Thanks for your reply, i have just visited a Belgian webside "onewheel.be" and the delivery time says (2nd batch: End of August) and the price is 2200

so maby i shut try to keep calm... but I don't like thath I dont here anything.

best regards

33 minutes ago, CBN said:

Thanks for your reply, i have just visited a Belgian webside "onewheel.be" and the delivery time says (2nd batch: End of August) and the price is 2200

so maby i shut try to keep calm... but I don't like thath I dont here anything.

best regards

We might be waiting longer as SpeedyFeet UK has this info on Z10 availability, which says delivery expected around Christmas 2018...

Ninebot ONE Z - Availability

by Ian Sampson July 28, 2018

Well, this is one of the top questions we get. So we have done this post to save us typing the same response over and over :)

We will stock the Ninebot ONE Z when it comes out. What we know so far at time of writing this;

1. It might be out this year (2018) but Segway are not sure

2. The wait is because it needs to be CE certified, to enable it to be sold within Europe.

3. Its likely they will release only 1 model, we hope its the Z10 and have requested it.

4. Price - a big unknown, we would GUESS between £1500 and £2000, but again, this is just a pure guess.

5. 3/08/2018 UPDATE - CE Certification has been granted on the Z10 EARLIEST expected availability date is Christmas 2018

Hope this helps answer!

ninebot-one-z-availability

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Welcome! It’s quite a differnt feeling with the Z10. So you might be disappointed the first few days. But once you have tamed the beast, there is nothing like it out there. It really becomes a part of your body, not just something you ride on. It it will make you feel very safe! A big part of mastering the Z is finding the right tire pressure that feels perfect for you. I recommend you experiment around a bit. Depending on your weight it should be somewhere between 30 and 22 psi. Don’t skip that important step, while being all excited about your new wheel. 

And keep practicing with both your wheels. It is good for your mind and body. But to be honest: by now I have to force myself to get on any of my five other wheels, even the Tesla and the MSuper V3s+. They are still fun though, but different. The Z is extremely addictive. Almost can’t get off anymore in the evening. ? 

The Z10 seems to be a heavy beast weighing in at 27kg ... how does this feel compared to your other wheels? Do you notice the huge weight? Does it feel slower and less responsive? Or does it have enough torque that the weight isn't an issue and has no effect on performance?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nic said:

The Z10 seems to be a heavy beast weighing in at 27kg ... how does this feel compared to your other wheels? Do you notice the huge weight? Does it feel slower and less responsive? Or does it have enough torque that the weight isn't an issue and has no effect on performance?

Yes, it is heavy, even heavier then my MSuper V3s+, and of course you feel that weight, but in a positive way. It glues you to the road. Not even strong winds can get you off your path with the Z. It is not as fast and agile as the Tesla, but it has a lot of torque. It’s a bit like my Cayenne, it’s fast and sporty but at the same time solid and not as nervous as other sports cars but at the same time not as dull as most other SUVs. It combines everything that I love in my Tesla with all the good features of the MSuper (possibly the Monster) with many more advantages like build quality, amazing design and stability unsurpassed by any other EUC I know so far. You are in for a treat! 

20 minutes ago, Nic said:

I have no clue, but I imagine the weight of my MSX is not necessarily a bad thing outside carrying it around and of course it is more top heavy than Z I believe, mine is mostly on when outside though and if not riding it and if for ex a store I have the trolly to roll it so on.. Therefor I do not notice any top heavy behavior really, although the very large diameter of the tire, high tire wall and also quite wide tire I suspect it all add up and helping that amazing feeling.

I can speak only for me and in general not specifically to Z, but I think it's not a negative at all, could be wrong though others feel free to express any wrongs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Electroman said:

I have no clue,

I think you do! Riding a heavy EUC has many advantages, one of which is high stability and indifference to any wind conditions. I was once blown off the road with my E+ and fell into a rice field. Great fun! Won’t happen with the Z, or MSuper or Monster. But if you want to do tricks with and headstands on your EUC, the Z can rival the Inmotions with a little practice, despite its heavy weight and fat tire.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I think you do! Riding a heavy EUC has many advantages, one of which is high stability and indifference to any wind conditions. I was once blown off the road with my E+ and fell into a rice field. Great fun! Won’t happen with the Z, or MSuper or Monster. But if you want to do tricks with and headstands on your EUC, the Z can rival the Inmotions with a little practice, despite its heavy weight and fat tire.

Well thanks, yeah I suspected and I suppose just don't want to something to the effect of: "Darn I know things and a fact" hahaha, I felt the Z is great partly cause of how I feel my MSX is great like that, due to that weight, like you describe the wind advantages and other things.. I never was blown off, but I absolutely can relate to the wind that can be felt so much on these wheels, heck I even notice my speed going down by quite a bit from no wind to riding towards the wind especially when blowing hard outside, really dos make a noticeable difference.

My ACM is no light weight and smaller wheel of course, but even though not that many kilos between them those kilos do make a difference for sure.

Too bad I am not exactly rich and the money I do earn I mostly prioritize on other things, I want a new powerful 16" but I also am very interested in the Z10 after all things I hear, sounds like a beauty of a wheel in more ways than just the looks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Talking about money: in my opinion, there is no wheel on the market at present that gives you that much value for the money you spend than the 9bot Z! This is obvious on the first glance, but as you just said this wheel is a beauty “in more ways than just the looks”.

And as I stated earlier somewhere: knowing, what I know now, I would probably pay up to three times the price to get this wheel, (if I wouldn’t have one ? already) Just think of all the resources and experience and Know-how that Segway-Ninebot brings to the table. This wheel is not cheap but it is a bargain.

Some of my friends are hard core Inmotion riders and they all ordered the V10 but they are all impressed by the Z and even though they would never give in to such thought, one or the other might regret to not have followed my lead.

Yeah at this point I bet they are and can imagine, build quality looks great too which always make me smile and can study small little detail for a whole evening if looking at something of quality. That is what I miss about the MSX, of course I knew this buying it but it does give me the speed I wanted and lots and lots of battery backing it all up, different flavors I suppose but I can se what you mean considering they are priced similarly or at least in China where I bought mine.

At some point I will probably have the chance to try one, hoping for a Swede close to me buy one and interested of trying the MSX so we can hook up, have a ride and try each others wheels.

• Like 2

Trust me: the Z is extremely addictive. There are only two ways this could play out:

1. You try the Z only for a few short rides and are repelled by the strange feel of it (similar to a culture shock) or

2. You get the chance to ride more often and tame the beast which is the road to addiction. ? ?

It feels a bit like adultery or cheating on your girlfriend when you get back to your MSX, ? ... .... .... so, better don’t go that road ... ?

I like woman from different regions and cultures though, as long as I can them all! :wub:

We'll see hehe, could become expensive but we'll see, for now I have no choice but to stay away cause no samples available

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

YES! I strongly support this opinion (350+ km in first 10 days of use of Z10) each day I have more fun with that wheel. No, I do not want to ride other wheels for now...

With a few mods I have described in my YT channel - it is for now all what I want from the unicycle till the time flying ones hit the market. There are only two issues which I have to mention - 

1. Directional stability in case of rides on uneven/bumpy sidewalks, especially those bumps which make you ride across the slope or if the wide tire ride in part on the higher stone in part on the lower stone. This makes the wheel the tiger which waits to eat you in its own chosen moment - but with practice - you learn how to control those side kicks and stay safe - but as I say this problem is visible only if you ride the wheel on old sidewalks, old curled tarmac, across the slope, etc. (I had never seen such bad quality of tarmac in Japan)

2. Weight of the wheel in case You have to carry it somewhere like 3rd floor or something like that.  I have lifted recently KS16S... and it felt like the toy!  (but also You have the feeling that your ride small child toy when you try to ride KS16S after riding Z10...) 

Brother! I would give you twenty likes if I only could!

I am 100% on your page. 

As to 1. Yes, the Z can be quite a tiger on road conditions you discribed and we have lots of country roads where trucks with their heavy loads pressed deep ruts into the asphalt during hot summers. And they are dangerous even for cars. Once crashed my 928 S4 on a road with sudden ruts filled with water. So I lost control due to hydroplaning, oversteering and inferior driving skills. ? 

Just three days ago I almost fell into traffic because of such ruts in the road. The tiger almost ate me. Since then I was eagerly practicing on such horribly warped pavements thinking of your picture and the comments you made earlier here. I kind of mastered such ruts and warps by keeping my legs really relaxed and permanently shifting the wait from one leg to the other. If the Z catches you with your full weight on one pedal riding in such a rut or groove it forces his own will and throws you off balance, but if you rapidly shift your weight from one food to the other and loosely twist the Z left, right, left, right and so on, I found it quite easy to get out of such ruts and grooves and rails without loosing balance or control. I am practicing this every day now, since it can be really dangerous, if you are not prepared.

Do you have any other techniques that work?

Edited by Toshio Uemura
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

if you rapidly shift your weight from one food to the other and loosely twist the Z

Yes, this is the technique which I try to master - in such instability moment you have to stay relaxed but with firm grip  of the wheel (seems difficult to do at the same time, but it comes with practice) and shift your weight / lean to the side which is up to compensate the rotation. this problem exist in the thinner 2.125" inch wheels but it is 10 times less visible as due to thin tire so much smaller forces which push you off balance.  One of my friends who has Gotway MSuper with 19"  3"wide tire also is reporting this problem  (but less visible than Z10 as it has 4.1" wide tire, so center of support (center point of contact of the tire with surface) can shift to the sides much further  -  maybe within 3" range. 

This problem will exist on all single wheel devices with wide tire, maybe it also exist on the balon tire type bicycles (but I did not try that)  There are probably two solutions - first to pump the tire to very high pressure, so to ride again on the very narrow strip of the tire - but you loose the amortization/air cushion a lot, or second - to ride on the much lower pressures than for standard thin tire wheels, allowing much wider contact of the tire with surface, so smaller part of the tire will have contact with the higher stone which push you off balance.... 

This is an attempt to describe the problem - maybe not the best one, but I hope Z10 users will know what I mean.

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Yes, this is the technique which I try to master - in such instability moment you have to stay relaxed but with firm grip  of the wheel (seems difficult to do at the same time, but it comes with practice) and shift your weight / lean to the side which is up to compensate the rotation. this problem exist in the thinner 2.125" inch wheels but it is 10 times less visible as due to thin tire so much smaller forces which push you off balance.  One of my friends who has Gotway MSuper with 19"  3"wide tire also is reporting this problem  (but less visible than Z10 as it has 4.1" wide tire, so center of support (center point of contact of the tire with surface) can shift to the sides much further  - within maybe within 3" range. 

This problem will exist on all single wheel devices with wide tire, maybe it also exist on the balon tire type bicycles (but I did not try that)  There are probably two solutions - first to pump the tire to very high pressure, so to ride again on the very narrow strip of the tire - but you loose the amortization/air cushion a lot, or second - to ride on the much lower pressures than for standard thin tire wheels, allowing much wider contact of the tire with surface, so smaller part of the tire will have contact with the higher stone which push you off balance.... 

This is an attempt to describe the problem - maybe not the best one, but I hope Z10 users will know what I mean.

Another thing: I find it incredibly easy to ride backwards on the Z even up to speeds where it starts beeping on me. So I now need to practice riding backwards over such difficult terrain.

12 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

my son

The Apple does not fall far from the horse! ? Great rider! Great ? music! Great style! Great talent!

Love these first 3 seconds of insecurity and after that you can see him grow into the Z, getting more and more confident until he completely owns this beast. We can learn so much from kids! Great ? video!

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

my son

So awesome! Love watching kiddos advance in this sport! I agree with @Toshio Uemura  you could watch your son adapt to the wheel’s characteristics by the moment. You should be proud! :thumbup:

• Like 2

On 8/15/2018 at 7:12 PM, Nic said:

We might be waiting longer as SpeedyFeet UK has this info on Z10 availability, which says delivery expected around Christmas 2018...

Strange. Mine is bought via a Belgian seller and will be here on Tuesday normally.