2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

I have hopes that either Ewheels people or Begode people are reading the forums, and will adjust the build plan for this thing accordingly. When you are creating a vehicle of any kind, a car, a motorcycle, an EUC, an airplane, anything, it is important to define the use case for that vehicle, so you know what to add, what not to, and so that the vehicle doesnt become "confused".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

I have hopes that either Ewheels people or Begode people are reading the forums, and will adjust the build plan for this thing accordingly. When you are creating a vehicle of any kind, a car, a motorcycle, an EUC, an airplane, anything, it is important to define the use case for that vehicle, so you know what to add, what not to, and so that the vehicle doesnt become "confused".

Good thing it's an object.. Not a person. :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, DavidB said:

That is one fat tire.

Remind me, what are the consequences of a big wide tyre like this ?

Better pothole resistance I would assume, but maybe increased tramlining tendencies from all that extra contact with the road ?

18 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The Falcon preproduction sample has been produced, it will be shipping out from China tomorrow. We're trying to have them switch to flat side panels for more modular/univeral side pads to be fitted. They've also added a damper function to the shock assembly. It's really come a long way in the past two months :)

New-Falcon-1.thumb.jpg.1c50e49c5ecf1b5215df9c03d67e05c0.jpg

Falcon-New-1.thumb.jpg.d2ee78794cd5ce62826b25abe8fc1086.jpg

Falcon,-New,-3.jpg

Falcon-New-2.thumb.jpg.3e3e88ec8df468bfd1d7990ba0ad376a.jpg

Falcon1.thumb.jpg.a82e613569dc19ec75fd146dffd3cfef.jpg

Falcon6.thumb.jpg.19e539bf9389d77b626d2db72857628a.jpg

Mini Extreme!! 

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Remind me, what are the consequences of a big wide tyre like this ?

Better pothole resistance I would assume, but maybe increased tramlining tendencies from all that extra contact with the road ?

I’ve tested the Z10 and I didn’t like the behaviour. This will very likely feel about the same. 

7 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I’ve tested the Z10 and I didn’t like the behaviour. This will very likely feel about the same. 

I don't think so. This tire's width will likely bring more stability to the wheel. 

Hmm. I don't know how i feel about it.. Yes it looks nice and sweet. Also much better color scheme (old - blue). 

I still don't like it's 2 hand carry handle and weak trolley handle.

Looks wise it's simply awesome. Practicality wise it's a dud. :efeeab781c:

Looks quite sturdy!
It's impressive that they were able to squeeze a damper to into the shock - this will improve the suspension feel.

@Jason McNeil do you know the final production specs?

• weight
  • suspension travel
  • speed

2 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Looks quite sturdy!
It's impressive that they were able to squeeze a damper to into the shock - this will improve the suspension feel.

@Jason McNeil do you know the final production specs?

• weight
  • suspension travel
  • speed

I bet it's over 25kg. No CAP! :D 

Same time it makes me sad. Aww i made myself sad. :( 

Waaa Motor power 1500W???? Or is that "peak"?

Is it hallow bore motor? And what's it's max carry capacity?

It's sure is wide/tall boy.. If i'm gonna buy it - i will need to make new storage for it. ~300$ worth. xD At least this time i'm gonna buy it much bigger and pad the box inside, not outside..

Edited by Funky

There's definitely an ergonomics issue with the design, but that's to be expected with a prototype/1st batch wheel packed to the brim with performance specs. I'm sure it will satisfy the consumer it's intended for, which isn't exactly for the commuter-style of riding.   

37 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's still some weight-shedding targets to get it under <25kg net. 
60mm of suspension travel & max cruising speed is 50kph.

Oh.... we've requested to have them package the Wheel with a 5A charger as stock!
Falcon-Spec-Sheet.thumb.jpg.5fc7c8946c0db6ef2462bc119d80be17.jpg

As I am not aware of the current way how this works on Begode wheels, are (speed) alarms configurable as tiltback?

45 minutes ago, Mono said:

As I am not aware of the current way how this works on Begode wheels, are (speed) alarms configurable as tiltback?

Beeps...  Or do you want tailback at first and then second alarm.. :D That would be stupid.

Or at least i think? Kingsong also had those alarms.. But you can change those in app. I bet it's that wheel default speed alarms. So if one isn't using app - they know what speed first/second alarm is set at. (Otherwise - who knows what speed one is going without app.. Just bought wheel and never connected to app.)

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

The Z10's [4"] tire is very low profile. I am hoping that the taller sidewall and 3.5" width will be much more forgiving, given that 3" tires are great.

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spiwrs said:

I think it looks great and I hope it sells really well so we have further small suspension models in the future. 

Yeah. Aside of it's carry/trolley handle (Which is crap and afterthought in my mind and not practical at all. Overlooked again by manufacturer - resulting in less sales.) It looks amazing mini Master or what ever bigger Begode brother. (I don't really follow their bigger wheels and their names, as they release new one every month..)

Big mistake in my mind, by not having ONE-handed carry handle - i would seriously thought about buying Falcon. Of course after 3rd, 4th batch, when all first batch problems have been fixed. :)

Maybe one can CNC extension and screw on centered carry handle coming from front.. We will see. (You got those 2 screws per side. So one could DIY a carry handle.) 

4 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

this might be the technically perfect city wheel; sadly I expect it will cost 50% than it needs to in order to get widespread adoption

I just looked...maybe not! $1600 is right in the ballpark

6 hours ago, Funky said:

Yes it looks nice and sweet. Also much better color scheme (old - blue).

No! Blue is better! At least it was different from all the other orange wheels. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, winterwheel said:

I just looked...maybe not! $1600 is right in the ballpark

I personally don't care how much it cost.. If it had amazing carry/trolley handle - i would be ready to pay upwards to 2000-2500$.. But sadly right now as it is - not even 1000$.

Edited by Funky

12 hours ago, Mono said:

You can, but I think it's still only up to a certain max mph. I'm not entirely sure as I've never used them, but Begode does have a PWM settable tiltback which for most was what users were screaming for, and is the one I use myself (at 80%).