2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

1 hour ago, Esash said:

Maybe they're planning to release a Falcon Pro with 1500W motor after everybody buys the Falcon...

Knowing how it goes - definitely.

I just hope it will be lighter and they have fixed the handle mistake. :D Sadly it will be heavier and have same design. :efeee20b79:

eWheels sent out an email to the people with deposits today just to notify us that production will start soon, and to expect the first shipments at the end of May. Trolley handle color will be similar to/ same as the Extreme's orange.   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Esash said:

Yeah, not a fan going under/in wheel, to look for a motor disengage button.. Even A2 handle is miles ahead, with it's handle/button combo. Where you can lift it one handedly, not needing to look for the button.

Looks like i'm gonna stick another 1/2/3 years with my 3 year old 18xl. Hoping to see awesome sub 20kg wheel in future, with an actually good handle.

(Yes - this negative Nancy won't be buying this awesome wheel, just because of handle.)

I'm still hopeful for aftermarket handle/button wiring built into handle to be sold maybe.. Screw new handle and run one wire to motherboard.. Easy mod to do.

Edited by Funky

Doh i will check it out in store.. Will try to power it on, lift/carry test, etc.. Maybe i will change my mind. But doubt it.

I loved how A2 looked. But wasn't sold on it's weak axle, no trolley handle. Also bad handle design. (All weight hold by some screws into top plastic cover.) So i will like Falcon look also.

Edited by Funky

On 4/19/2024 at 8:50 PM, Funky said:

I just hope it will be lighter and they have fixed the handle mistake. :D Sadly it will be heavier and have same design. :efeee20b79:

A shorter arm of the cart, mounted on a magnet, with a reed switch under the cover or a manual button - serving as a central handle for lifting the wheel with one hand. Does that satisfy you?

52 minutes ago, Mark13i said:

A shorter arm of the cart, mounted on a magnet, with a reed switch under the cover or a manual button - serving as a central handle for lifting the wheel with one hand. Does that satisfy you?

I can see the cart arm, but on magnet?? (Oh you mean the magnet will disengage the motor when lifting?)

Yeah even simply push button right next the place where you put hand will work. (A2 type.)

Could work.. Running a extension wire or simply "hot" wiring to old button (piggy back) from it can work.

All Begode had to do is simply RISE middle part of said bars outwards of EUC top - so you can grab the wheel by middle, when trolley is closed. (Extra bar or something at middle.) And said button mounted at top. Next to handle.

There's so many options to make awesome handles. In my mind i was imagining a trolley handle+carry handle built into one - aftermarket. Maybe said bar can go down from front and simply lock at back.. Using front/back original mount/locking latche.. At down position it would be like a big bar where you can place hand at middle. But at open postion it would be same as Falcon trolley handle, but instead of those 2 bars - you have one fat middle bar (Older Inmotion type handles.)

img_proxy_fc3f25e8-09e1-4d0e-a57c-3fcfafIgnore bottom handle..

Edited by Funky

31 minutes ago, Funky said:

I can see the cart arm, but on magnet??

Magnet for activating the reed switch.

Magnet instead of the mechanical latch proposed by Begode near the rear LED.

Edited by Mark13i

1 hour ago, Mark13i said:

Magnet for activating the reed switch.

Magnet instead of the mechanical latch proposed by Begode near the rear LED.

Magnet is weak and if you would lift it by the trolley handle, not front bar. It would open.. Same for bar type handle. Locking latch that hold trolley handle solidly in closed position is preferred for carrying.

Yeah i also hate that back latch blocking lights.. They could have simply attached it at top of the wheel cover... Not at back.

Latch placement.. Curved trolley handle with bar at middle - is all that needed to change, to have actually good handle. (Such an easy fix..)

Example:111.png

Edited by Funky

Looking closer - one can simply add a simple bar with spacers at TOP, to achieve centered handle. :) 

Velcro the "centered bar with spacers" to already existing bars.. Pretty easy to do.

Hmm.. Heck even simply rope loop will do the job. LOL.

Edited by Funky

On 4/20/2024 at 1:47 AM, MadVlad said:

Its almost as if they are forcing me to buy the S18...

I am curious what advantages people see in the Falcon relative to the S18 (molicel battery version). @Funky It seems like your wishes for a centered carry handle with integrated kill switch are addressed on the S18, which is comparable in weight to this wheel. So  why not consider that wheel?

17 minutes ago, the_deeb said:

I am curious what advantages people see in the Falcon relative to the S18 (molicel battery version). @Funky It seems like your wishes for a centered carry handle with integrated kill switch are addressed on the S18, which is comparable in weight to this wheel. So  why not consider that wheel?

Tell me how good S18 is in rain... (In fall i'm riding every 3rd day in heavy rain storm.) Also whole winter. Slushy snow, etc..

From what i have heard Falcon will have somewhat same water "resistance" as A2? (If it doesn't - i will be even less interested in it.) :D 

Also i don't like S18 "Open" design. Sure it looks awesome and sexy, but not practical at all. Also from what i have heard it's suspension is nightmare to work with.

Also i'm very heavy rider..

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Tell me how good S18 is in rain

Ive had mine 3 years 4000miles, in the rain a lot. Its actually a very waterproof wheel.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Also whole winter. Slushy snow, etc..

Yep I have taken it out deliberately in heavy snow for fun, no issues.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

but not practical at all.

Why not? I haven't had any issues due to being an open design, (which it isn't really) no more than any other suspension which is open at the back anyway.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

it's suspension is nightmare to work with.

No its not, no worse than any other, have had no issues with mine and no major maintenance other than wipe with a tissue and WD 40.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Also i'm very heavy rider..

This could be an issue if you accelerate hard and go over 25Mph all the time which I know you tend to do a lot judging by your previous posts, but less so with Molicells.

I think the biggest risk you would have is not having anything to say on this forum as all your dreams would be answered and rainbows and unicorns will follow you for the rest of your life.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Ive had mine 3 years 4000miles, in the rain a lot. Its actually a very waterproof wheel.

Yep I have taken it out deliberately in heavy snow for fun, no issues.

Why not? I haven't had any issues due to being an open design, (which it isn't really) no more than any other suspension which is open at the back anyway.

No its not, no worse than any other, have had no issues with mine and no major maintenance other than wipe with a tissue and WD 40.

This could be an issue if you accelerate hard and go over 25Mph all the time which I know you tend to do a lot judging by your previous posts, but less so with Molicells.

I think the biggest risk you would have is not having anything to say on this forum as all your dreams would be answered and rainbows and unicorns will follow you for the rest of your life.

Okay i will simplify it - I don't like S18. Better? And about speed, i'm going 25-27mph only at "fun" rides (which i nowadays do very rarely, or not at all). On daily commutes 15-20mph. Also it's same weight as my 18xl.. I know Falcon is the same weight - which i don't like that much. But i can deal with it, because it's all metal build. I'm still wanting sub 20kg wheel.

Waa? Why would i stop commenting, when i find my "dream" wheel? Knowing my standards it won't happen ever. Maybe, just maybe there right around the rainbow is that light wheel releasing soon.. Otherwise i'm riding my 18xl till it stops working, or needs a battery change. Then ill buy some old model, because nothing new is releasing in that sub 20kg weight. Maybe KS16S.. 18kg - perfect. But old - not perfect.

• Upvote 1

Ofc not, S18 is better wheel "spec" wise. Also 18" wheel.

I simply don't like it and how it's built.. My most important requirements from new wheel is being sub 20kg in weight. (Can be 25kg, if everything else is just perfect.) Followed by having amazing centered handle with easy to access lift switch, followed by being waterproof. I don't care if it's 84V or 168V system, what battery size is being used, etc..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

I didnt buy the S18 because Im also a bigger guy and I was waiting for something a bit more powerful while still being portable, but now Im losing hope, the design seems to be devolving, maybe I should just buy that S18 and call it good.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

I didnt buy the S18 because Im also a bigger guy and I was waiting for something a bit more powerful while still being portable, but now Im losing hope, the design seems to be devolving, maybe I should just buy that S18 and call it good.

There is old saying "never judge, EUC according to promo videos" 

I would not jump into falcon V1 anyway. It is not like mten4 and A2 went well in V1 versions.

16 hours ago, Funky said:

And about speed, i'm going 25-27mph only at "fun" rides (which i nowadays do very rarely, or not at all).

It's ok I was being sarcastic. Its totally fine you don't like the S18. There are many wheels I don't like which on paper are ideal but its just something about them.

Your dream wheel will come, once the battery tech improves which is slightly delayed at present. 20Kg and less, great range and power and if we are lucky a grab/trolly handle in the middle that feels sturdy.  Now back on topic..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, the_deeb said:

as an actual S18 owner do see any obvious advantages of the Falcon over the S18?

When we talk about different wheel sizes in EUC's we are really talking about totally different classes of wheels.

Your question is like comparing a small car against a big one .

If you want a wheel that is very nimble, great acceleration, but less stable and not so easy to go over terrain the Falcon will have some of these attributes.

Whilst if you want something thats more planted, better range (for the size of battery) and easier to push over rocks etc (due to the bigger wheel diameter) the S18 would be ok. 

Without having seen other wheels I would imagine that newer EUC's are built more robustly. The Falcon certainly looks from the photos more robust than the S18. 

The S18 does feel like a toy wheel, and although it has lots of metal it has lots of plastic too that does break. But don't confuse that with being flimsy, it isn't. Stuff breaks but the core has never let me down, it just looks roughed up and beat up. 

8 hours ago, MadVlad said:

maybe I should just buy that S18 and call it good.

I wouldn't buy this wheel if I was bigger >80Kgs. It is underpowered compared to the competition. Unless you really only go 20 miles in a day max , accelerate sedately and rarely travel faster than 20Mph. Then it would be ok.

16 hours ago, Funky said:

Ofc not, S18 is better wheel "spec" wise. Also 18" wheel.

I simply don't like it and how it's built.. My most important requirements from new wheel is being sub 20kg in weight. (Can be 25kg, if everything else is just perfect.) Followed by having amazing centered handle with easy to access lift switch, followed by being waterproof. I don't care if it's 84V or 168V system, what battery size is being used, etc..

I saw a yt vid today about an upcoming "Begode Blitz", a 134v wheel that's "10kg lighter than a Master".

It's got my attention.

• Like 2

I am very curious to see a comparison of the size of the falcon against the S18.

If the suspension works out ok,  they put a proper handle on it and allowed the backlight to not be blue then I might buy one as I would like a small diameter wheel. 

14 minutes ago, Funky said:

Master weight?

74 lb (plastic battery cases). I believe metal cases add 4 lb or so.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1