2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

On 4/21/2024 at 2:14 PM, the_deeb said:

I am curious what advantages people see in the Falcon relative to the S18 (molicel battery version). @Funky It seems like your wishes for a centered carry handle with integrated kill switch are addressed on the S18, which is comparable in weight to this wheel. So  why not consider that wheel?

S18 is a plastic piece of shit. My first EUC ever and kept it for 2 years... put 700 miles on it... but only because there were few things that were better at the time. Almost everything is better than it these days

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 12:47 AM, MadVlad said:

I didnt buy the S18 because Im also a bigger guy and I was waiting for something a bit more powerful while still being portable, but now Im losing hope, the design seems to be devolving, maybe I should just buy that S18 and call it good.

dont buy a S18, you will regret it. V11 is better, and you would regret that too. Falcon is better than both, but if you want more power get a T4 or go big with a V14, Extreme, S22 Pro, or Patton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

Well, there goes any interest I might have had in the Falcon (and honestly, the T4 as well). Those overpower tests were disappointing. I was looking at getting a lighter, zippier wheel but there's no point if the wheel will drop me.

Begode really needs to stick a full-sized controller in these wheels. I guess that'll increase the price, but what's the point of putting 50S cells in if the controller is underwhelming? As the video quite rightly states, the motors should be fully capable of providing enough torque if the motherboards could supply the current, they'll just get hotter (and only if the user is regularly pushing the wheel that hard).

I suppose these sorts of wheels really are just designed for a lower market segment, so they take the excuse to cheap out on the controller and fatten those margins a bit :'(

I'm probably applying an unfair standard - I want these wheels to be enthusiast-class with the same torque as eg. my master, which is for all practical purposes impossible to overpower..

I agree.... Why put 50S cells in it if you are not going to use them to their potential? Save some money and use cheaper cells. The whole point of the 50S cells was to give us awesome power without requiring a massive battery pack

Edited by YourAubsome
  • Upvote 2

Real question that no-one has asked: Will there be springs available for 300lbs guys?

Instead of regular 2 offerings, they should offer 3 different springs.. For 3 different weight categories. Light, Medium, and the Mega Fluffy GUYS..

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

@YourAubsome Thanks for the reviews!
Wonder if you could answer a few questions:

• How was the process of removing the stock pads and fitting your custom pads?
  • Did you have to remove any metal supports to get the custom pads on? 
  • Did you have to cut away the stock pads to keep the top cover?
  • Do you think it's feasible to ride without any pads? Or are there bits that would dig into your legs?
  • How critical is the handle assembly and kick stand? Can they be removed without structurally weakening the frame? If so, what is the weight of the wheel without the stock pads, handle and kick stand?

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

@YourAubsome Thanks for the reviews!
Wonder if you could answer a few questions:

• How was the process of removing the stock pads and fitting your custom pads?
  • Did you have to remove any metal supports to get the custom pads on? 
  • Did you have to cut away the stock pads to keep the top cover?
  • Do you think it's feasible to ride without any pads? Or are there bits that would dig into your legs?
  • How critical is the handle assembly and kick stand? Can they be removed without structurally weakening the frame? If so, what is the weight of the wheel without the stock pads, handle and kick stand?

stock pads were attached with velcro and the velcro on the EUC was already put there by Begode to hold the stock pads on. Did not have to remove any metal supports.

Did not have to cut anything on the stock pads. I think riding any EUC that weighs more than 40 or so lbs without pads is flat out dumb. You can do it, but it massively reduces your ability to control the unicycle. Even the MCM5 works massively better with pads, but it is fine to ride without them (and its a significantly lighter wheel). If you really want to go padless, I don't think anything is going to be protruding into your legs.

The orange handle assembly is not critical to the wheel's structure, neither is the kickstand, but if you took both off it would greatly reduce the lateral stability of the wheel (the way the two sides are connected) and that might become an issue over time. Weighing it is not an easy thing to do right now.

Edited by FunTech4Real
  • Like 1

@FunTech4Real Have you ridden ks18xl? Which one would have more torque? I guess Falcon? But which one would be easier to overpower? 14" zippy Falcon, or 18" slothful ks18xl.

Also about pads - i have ridden 3 years without them on said 18xl without any problems. Pads are only useful on very bumpy roads. Or unseen threats. Ofc also in acceleration/braking, but i haven't had a problem doing that without them.

Edited by Funky

59 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

confirms its IP Rating...

Some random saying IP67..

My 18xl has IP68 rating. (Till first ride in lake, doesn't mean it will work afterwards..) :D 

Disassembly videos will show us how well it is protected against water/rain. FYI those rides in that video - some light rain doesn't count. I want real test, where it pours like buckets. Followed by disassembly video, showing us result.

If people don't show aftermath of "water/rain" test - it means jack shit. Because any wheel will ride in rain. We need to see the insides after the test.

Edited by Funky

You don't live up to your username @Funky 

No recent wheel is good enough for you,  I guess you will just have either to wait again, or make a compromise somewhere. But you spill your anger again and again.

It's good to talk about what could be made, but boy you sound so angry and unsympathetic.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lumentin said:

You don't live up to your username @Funky 

No recent wheel is good enough for you,  I guess you will just have either to wait again, or make a compromise somewhere. But you spill your anger again and again.

It's good to talk about what could be made, but boy you sound so angry and unsympathetic.

Why angry? I'm just calling out all the small comings, of otherwise great wheel. I have said many times Falcon is amazing pocket rocket. It has amazing all steel build.. I'm just talking MORE about all the wrongs - that needs to be fixed. (In general people talk less about what is great, but more about what is bad and shortcomings..)

Also all recent wheel are over 30kg weight - meaning there has not been any wheel to look at for me, aside of A2 and Mten4/mini. Aside of old models.. (Tell me how happy should i be. If i see no wheel being made in the ~20kg weight.) 

But yeah unsympathetic is right. I could care less about others.. But sadly in real world you have to play nice with others.. And have to put on smile and give a hand to someone struggling. Otherwise you are a "dick", self-centered with high ego and everyone hates you. Luckily this isn't real world and i could care less what some "strangers" think about me. :D (And i'm not playing "nice" in real life because i have to, but because you can't use the people around, if they all hate you.)

Also you are reading a text - how do you know how one sounds? English isn't my first language - self learned. Like now i'm actually little bit smiling to myself, as i'm making these replies..

At least i'm happy that some people are mentioning me here - meaning they are thinking about me. <3 Meaning you took your sweet time and wrote to me. :) 

Edited by Funky

On 4/25/2024 at 8:00 AM, Funky said:

@FunTech4Real Have you ridden ks18xl? Which one would have more torque? I guess Falcon? But which one would be easier to overpower? 14" zippy Falcon, or 18" slothful ks18xl.

Also about pads - i have ridden 3 years without them on said 18xl without any problems. Pads are only useful on very bumpy roads. Or unseen threats. Ofc also in acceleration/braking, but i haven't had a problem doing that without them.

Never tried a ks18xl. And how do you jump up curbs and over bumps without pads?

22 hours ago, Funky said:

At least i'm happy that some people are mentioning me here - meaning they are thinking about me. <3 Meaning you took your sweet time and wrote to me. :) 

Well, you actually came to my mind yesterday on my first ride on my new Lynx. I was thinking that this wheel is not the one I’ve been asking for but it’s still an amazing wheel. So why not just enjoy it anyway and do the kind of riding it’s perfect for. I know you are looking for a wheel for your specific need. You already have a decent wheel for that and the perfect will come some day. But in the meantime why not just enjoy riding with what you have? Or buy a new wheel for joyriding? I know you have the money saved and you are clearly looking to buy a new wheel. And I know you have stairs. But you also should get out and ride more! I ride a lot for my mental health. Riding reduces my stress levels and gives me joy. I would gladly carry a 30-35 kg wheel some stairs just to get out and ride. Just have a commuter wheel as separate and then you have great wheels to choose from for joyrides. It would do good for you.

on the topic:

Now that I have my 40 kg Lynx for whatever it’s good for, I really started to need a light and small wheel to take with me on car rides and for small errands. And also I need a small suspension wheel for my spouse. Suddenly this Falcon started to feel interesting. I actually might buy this! Do we have any idea about the price yet?

4 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Suddenly this Falcon started to feel interesting. I actually might buy this! Do we have any idea about the price yet?

You can search it on your local Aliexpess site. Some links previously posted on this thread (page12-13) don't work with certain regions. tldr roughly 1700USD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FunTech4Real said:

And how do you jump up curbs and over bumps without pads?

I'm 280lbs - i never jump any curb - simply take roads/paths where one can ride drown/up the curb. Otherwise i step down for 5 seconds and lift it off/on.. (Almost never have to.) I'm afraid i'm gonna bend/break axle.

I have ridden even ks16s the 1200W/840Wh wheel without any issues. I'm not a torque monster.. I simply want a solid wheel that can be ridden in heavy rain. And i'm mostly going 15-22mph.

I don't really need/want suspension, but going over gravel road and some bigger potholes in said gravel road could help out.. Also going over road/path connections where those small bumps are - Any suspension will work on those i imagine. I don't plan riding stairs and jump any big curbs. :D More or less simply smoothen out any road buzz and those small bumps..

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Well, you actually came to my mind yesterday on my first ride on my new Lynx. I was thinking that this wheel is not the one I’ve been asking for but it’s still an amazing wheel. So why not just enjoy it anyway and do the kind of riding it’s perfect for. I know you are looking for a wheel for your specific need. You already have a decent wheel for that and the perfect will come some day. But in the meantime why not just enjoy riding with what you have? Or buy a new wheel for joyriding? I know you have the money saved and you are clearly looking to buy a new wheel. And I know you have stairs. But you also should get out and ride more! I ride a lot for my mental health. Riding reduces my stress levels and gives me joy. I would gladly carry a 30-35 kg wheel some stairs just to get out and ride. Just have a commuter wheel as separate and then you have great wheels to choose from for joyrides. It would do good for you.

First year i was enjoying the rides. Now not so much - i'm kind of over euc.. I'm now looking for a wheel only for commuting. Nothing else. (I have never enjoyed outdoors.. Riding around without meaning - pointless.)

Sure time to time i go for joy ride, but not that much anymore. At least not wort spending 4000$ for once in a month ride.. I will take those 4000$ and upgrade my PC better. (Which i'm planning to do this year or next. When the new generation will get released.)

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

on the topic:

Now that I have my 40 kg Lynx for whatever it’s good for, I really started to need a light and small wheel to take with me on car rides and for small errands. And also I need a small suspension wheel for my spouse. Suddenly this Falcon started to feel interesting. I actually might buy this! Do we have any idea about the price yet?

Falcon will be 1650-1750$ (I think more around 1650$.. Just because of other market offerings.) Yeah i'm also looking at Falcon, even with that dumb handle.. I still want my new wheel to be around 20kg not 25kg.. As i will not be buying first batch anyways, i got half a year to see any new offerings.. (Half a year till 3rd batch or so are getting released and all unseen issues have been fixed on Falcon.) :) Only then i'm gonna buy any "new" wheel, if i'm buying.

16 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Thats why I didnt buy a Lynx, seems like an amazing wheel for recreational riding, not so much for car trips/errands. I think the 55 pound weight of the Falcon is the upper limit of what I would want for a portable wheel. The Falcon kind of angers me at this point: I want it, I like the specs, the price is right, but I also know its going to be very inconvenient in certain situations.

• Upvote 1

Following this thread with interest.  Other than disappointment with being >50lbs, this looks like an ideal replacement for my aging ks18 and mcm5.  As long as it has more torque than mcm5 I'm fine with it not being a torque monster, I'm only 155lbs.  As slippyfeet pointed out, the 50S cells are not wasted even if the controller doesn't max out the current potential, high power cells still get better range at moderate speed due to lower internal resistance.

Waiting to see more suspension detail.  Other than a quick glimpse of the springs and the damper adjustment video above, haven't really seen anything.

Areas of interest:

Closeup of moving parts, are sliding surfaces hard coated, are there dust wipers, how is the axle attached for strength and ease of tire change, how does the damper work, does it have bottom out stops, etc etc.  If the suspension looks durable I'd be willing to overlook the weight and trolley handle

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 1:42 AM, MadVlad said:

The Falcon kind of angers me at this point: I want it, I like the specs, the price is right, but I also know its going to be very inconvenient in certain situations.

Same here. :D I like the power and size and that fat, fat tire.. But for daily convenience usage it simply isn't designed right..

Motor kill switch somewhere under the wheel.. No handle.. Who ever designed this thing took simply one of the bigger wheels and shrunk it down. Not changing button placement and handle at all.

Missing out completely what is selling point for smaller/portable wheels. Like lifting/carrying should not include two HAND operations.. (Using second hand to press the button..) By ideal it should be one hand operation. The kill switch built inside handle or something like that. Also amazing centered handle for quick easy grab/lift when ever it's needed. Heck even charge port being somewhere down/inside wheel well is dumb. Sure it's protected against water. But it would be better if it was on top of wheel same as Begode A2. A2 is miles ahead in portability and convenience department when one has added trolley handle addon..

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

After seeing so many good ideas about convenience, and questioning the weight complaints, I'm starting to wonder if I'm overly content with the prospects of the Falcon...

I ride a Sherman S for school nearly every day, and I roll it around with me whenever I can rather than lock it up, for security. I have a doggy ramp for my car's trunk, I drive a hatchback to make putting it in even easier, and I always take elevators or wheelchair ramps instead of stairs. I wear 50lbs of gear and school supplies, and have to put on my gear from 2-3 times per day. All of this is fine to me because... riding the train can take 4 hours if there is one major delay, vs 2 hours for major traffic.

The only issues I see with the falcon are: (1) long-term support, as I've heard stuff about the Master, and Adam Wrong Way has mentioned it; (2) the cost of a Grizzla fairing/bumper system (they seem an essential aspect to begode wheels after removing stock pads, but they're almost always $200); (3) I'm looking forward to people making custom bumpers and handles (like Grizzla) since that bumper looks like it'llaend my EUC career like an arrow to the knee; and (4) I'm always trying to maximize visibility, and the tail light seems dim.  Fixing these issues may increase price and weight, but I feel they're worth it for a durable, convenient wheel.

What confuses me is how 55lbs is too much. The MCM5 was 36lbs, sure, but the Tesla was 50lbs. The falcon is like taking the MCM5 and adding a metal frame, suspension, and giving it speed comparable/better than the Tesla. Sure, it's still heavier than both of those wheels, but it combines their strengths AND adds suspension. It feels like math that it weighs what it does, and it would take much more engineering to get it lighter (Leaperkim 14" when?), which isn't guaranteed to make profits if it turns out we still want heavy and fast wheels. Also, maybe I'm biased, because as someone who rides a 100lbs wheel, 55lbs is going to be featherweight! So, like, isn't 55lbs kind of a landmark in its own right?