2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

9 hours ago, Dan Hillary said:

He's got like...WAY more time on his hands than you do. You can't fix someone who likes the sound of their own voice.

I'll be putting in my preorder as soon as ewheels' PayPal integration is back up and running and we've got a video of the new prototype. I'll be powering it off and picking it up with one hand to bring it up stairs, and I'll be sitting on it while riding down the sidewalk, daily. Everyone in this topic who repeatedly states these use cases are impossible are welcome to figuratively stick their fingers in their ears. And eyes.

It just takes more work to produce a wheel that Funky and I are looking for. Work the companies don't feel is profitable for them to put in, YET.

If the S18 (and perhaps V11) never existed it would have been easier for the likes of us to be happy already.

Ask yourself this: How big is the world's most lightweight suspension euc? Is it 10in? Does it fit in the palm of your hand?

No it's a massive 18in. It tells us that it IS indeed possible to make lightweight wheels. If the S18 were a 14in wheel, would it be 18kg? I'd buy that immediately. Give whoever designed it another stab at it. :D

We're waiting paitiently for someone to do just that.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I love my Mten-4, but a small form wheel with suspension would be the bomb. I’m excited to see where this design evolves into. I’ll likely see what the next season or two bring in the small euc world before leaping in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

We're waiting paitiently for someone to do just that.

To be clear, I agree with both you and @Funky about the need for that kind of wheel. I'm just pointing out that his requirements are significantly more stringent than what is reasonable to expect.

6 hours ago, eezo said:

Per my previous comment, like I said, you made some good points. But when you're talking about use cases like every day wheeling your unpowered EUC from a door to a stand, you have to realize that's a ridiculously niche scenario that applies to basically just you and maybe 1 or 2 other people, right?

I think there quite more.. Yeah i know it's a niche. But how great is it to push your EUC not powered on? I think that's great..

Most people push powered ON their EUC from front door to the stand. :D 

2 hours ago, Dan Hillary said:

He's got like...WAY more time on his hands than you do. You can't fix someone who likes the sound of their own voice.

FYI: I talk very little in "real" world.. I don't have friends. :cry2: And i'm very awkward/shy introvert.

Spoiler

I hate other human beings. So it's okay.. :)

Edited by Funky

9 hours ago, Funky said:

FYI: I talk very little in "real" world.. I don't have friends. :cry2: And i'm very awkward/shy introvert.

Reveal hidden contents

I hate other human beings. So it's okay.. :)

I am not at all complaining about your frequency of commenting -- if you enjoy commenting, do what makes you happy. I'm only saying, you have very niche requirements.

5 minutes ago, eezo said:

I am not at all complaining about your frequency of commenting -- if you enjoy commenting, do what makes you happy. I'm only saying, you have very niche requirements.

I didn't say that to you. :) 

Yeah i know it's niche. Another thing by having carry handle at one side of euc. You can't pick it up and put it down in stand that easy. Because when you gonna put it down, one side will touch the stand first and other side (handle side) will touch it last.. It's small thing, but over daily use there is many small things.. That quickly become many small annoyances and that's pretty big deal. I personally love older KS centered handle, it has everything built in it. Motor kill switch when you lift it. Extending trolley handle and carry handle all in one. 

In general small/light wheel should have the handle right in middle. It simply is most logical and best outcome.. And i can say it pretty easily - if they had made an actually good carry/trolley handle, this wheel would sell like cupcakes. I for one don't want off-center handle. And that alone steers me away from wanting to buy this wheel. And i'm NOT the only one who thinks like that!

They simply didn't bother designing the handle.. You can see it's an after thought. Even their first design was much better. I don't know if you have read the tread, but there where many people, who didn't like this design and so on. You see the problem? Few people here means many people in real world.

15 hours ago, Dan Hillary said:

I'll be putting in my preorder as soon as ewheels' PayPal integration is back up and running and we've got a video of the new prototype. I'll be powering it off and picking it up with one hand to bring it up stairs, and I'll be sitting on it while riding down the sidewalk, daily. Everyone in this topic who repeatedly states these use cases are impossible are welcome to figuratively stick their fingers in their ears. And eyes.

lol. I placed an order in October 2023 when PayPal was still listed as an option. Since that time I have emailed eWheels 16 times. Still working on it .... :efeed51798:

• Sad 1

I put a preorder in on the Falcon after watching the FunTech4Real video about the prototype and hearing eWheels was heavily involved in helping the iteration process along. I do find myself a bit bummed and tempted to cancel due to some of the changes Begode decided to make. The shock update seems promising, but they basically ignored the sides/pads issue. Then they took what was already a solid and sleek trolley handle situation/aesthetic and made it so much worse, adding that ET Max style trolley handle with a really ad hoc looking aluminum fin/frame setup. Honestly, that whole aluminum setup on top looks very unattractive to me and seems pretty arbitrary/not stylistically inline with the other elements. It almost seems designed to injure people during a crash too, ha! At best, it's going to get scratched up and ugly within a few days of riding, and at worst, it's going to do damage to the riders. It's just making me worried that they're going to need some major batch 2 and batch 3 updates in order to get a more practical design, once again using batch 1 buyers as guinea pigs to iterate the basics of the wheel. Then the batch 1 buyers will be out of luck, or will have to buy a bunch of new parts to get those benefits. Ugh...I'll probably keep my preorder just in case they make some more positive changes, but I'm definitely feeling less excited about the wheel than I was initially. If I do go forward with it, I imagine this will be my last batch 1 wheel purchase from Begode. It's seems like Inmotion, Veteran, and even Kingsong are doing much better about ensuring the styling and ergonomics are on-point for their wheels before offering them up for pre-order. I don't see absolutely massive stylistic and ergonomics changes being made to those wheels after people have put pre-orders in. Oh well...Rant over and thanks for reading, ha!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TimGrim said:

I put a preorder in on the Falcon after watching the FunTech4Real video about the prototype and hearing eWheels was heavily involved in helping the iteration process along. I do find myself a bit bummed and tempted to cancel due to some of the changes Begode decided to make. The shock update seems promising, but they basically ignored the sides/pads issue. Then they took what was already a solid and sleek trolley handle situation/aesthetic and made it so much worse, adding that ET Max style trolley handle with a really ad hoc looking aluminum fin/frame setup. Honestly, that whole aluminum setup on top looks very unattractive to me and seems pretty arbitrary/not stylistically inline with the other elements. It almost seems designed to injure people during a crash too, ha! At best, it's going to get scratched up and ugly within a few days of riding, and at worst, it's going to do damage to the riders. It's just making me worried that they're going to need some major batch 2 and batch 3 updates in order to get a more practical design, once again using batch 1 buyers as guinea pigs to iterate the basics of the wheel. Then the batch 1 buyers will be out of luck, or will have to buy a bunch of new parts to get those benefits. Ugh...I'll probably keep my preorder just in case they make some more positive changes, but I'm definitely feeling less excited about the wheel than I was initially. If I do go forward with it, I imagine this will be my last batch 1 wheel purchase from Begode. It's seems like Inmotion, Veteran, and even Kingsong are doing much better about ensuring the styling and ergonomics are on-point for their wheels before offering them up for pre-order. I don't see absolutely massive stylistic and ergonomics changes being made to those wheels after people have put pre-orders in. Oh well...Rant over and thanks for reading, ha!

Real question would be: Why anyone would buy first batch wheel.. Especially if you own some wheels already. What do you expect to gain from this new wheel, that old one didn't offer? Simply for buying reason? Wanting something new?

I personally would buy new wheel, because i want new one. Same time only which is lighter and offer somewhat same speed as my old one. And same time only after some months have passed and most problems have been fixed in first batch. To be on safe side i would wait at least 6 months to 1 year, before buying said new wheel.

30 minutes ago, Funky said:

Real question would be: Why anyone would buy first batch wheel.. Especially if you own some wheels already. What do you expect to gain from this new wheel, that old one didn't offer? Simply for buying reason? Wanting something new?

I personally would buy new wheel, because i want new one. Same time only which is lighter and offer somewhat same speed as my old one. And same time only after some months have passed and most problems have been fixed in first batch. To be on safe side i would wait at least 6 months to 1 year, before buying said new wheel.

It seems like the market is slowly moving past this "batch 1, batch 2" style of guinea pig testing with customers. The batch 1 Lynx isn't particularly different in any meaningful way to my batch 2 Lynx. The batch 1 V14 vs later batches is in a similar boat. In fact, most of the newer offerings on the market aren't showing any major differences between their batch 1, batch 2, and even batch 3 versions. I think this is where the trend needs to go. Maybe a tire change or other simple update, but huge issues with major components or major stylistic changes need to just be a new version of the wheel, like a "pro" model for example, and really shouldn't be seen for 6 months or more after the initial version. Any earlier is just a sign that their previous version needed to be more well thought out before it was released. Begode seemed to be joining the fray on this with the Mten Mini looking great and working great right out of the box and the ET Max looking to be very well thought out and designed right out of the gate. That was all boding well in my mind and helped me commit to the Falcon preorder. However, the way they're handling the Falcon development/release reminds me of the old way of doing things, and not in a good way. Having to wait on a batch 2 or batch 3 version of a product to get the basics down is not a functional model over the long term, and it's something the EUC market needs to move away from. Wait a month or two, iterate & test, then release a more well thought-out version. That's really the way things needs to go in the PEV world.

Edited by TimGrim
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TimGrim said:

It seems like the market is slowly moving past this "batch 1, batch 2" style of guinea pig testing with customers. The batch 1 Lynx isn't particularly different in any meaningful way to my batch 2 Lynx. The batch 1 V14 vs later batches is in a similar boat. In fact, most of the newer offerings on the market aren't showing any major differences between their batch 1, batch 2, and even batch 3 versions. I think this is where the trend needs to go. Maybe a tire change or other simple update, but huge issues with major components or major stylistic changes need to just be a new version of the wheel, like a "pro" model for example, and really shouldn't be seen for 6 months or more after the initial version. Any earlier is just a sign that their previous version needed to be more well thought out before it was released. Begode seemed to be joining the fray on this with the Mten Mini looking great and working great right out of the box and the ET Max looking to be very well thought out and designed right out of the gate. That was all boding well in my mind and helped me commit to the Falcon preorder. However, the way they're handling the Falcon development/release reminds me of the old way of doing things, and not in a good way. Having to wait on a batch 2 or batch 3 version of a product to get the basics down is not a functional model over the long term, and it's something the EUC market needs to move away from. Wait a month or two, iterate & test, then release a more well thought-out version. That's really the way things needs to go in the PEV world.

Sound very solid and true. But any new release can be that cursed one.. Where all hell let loose. Knowing how EUC's have been released before - no thanks. I'll wait a little while.

Fires.. Cut-outs.. Expensive problems fixing a hidden issue down the line.. I love guinea pigs, because they do very good job finding out all the problems. Also by watching YouTube - you know what you will be getting. Not like buying preorder first batch wheel - not knowing what you actually are getting. (We haven't even seen Falcon insides yet.. Disassembly videos tell big story how good/well the wheel was built and shows us in detail what can go wrong in future.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

So is the release still happening in April? Or..?

Want to see more videos, etc of it.. To see if it's possible to fix the dumb trolley/carry handle. Aside of that (Which in my mind makes or breaks the success of a smaller EUC.) it looks quite nice and awesome.

Edited by Funky

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.michelinman.com/motorcycle/tires/michelin-s83

do you think the 3.5x10 of this would fit? I hope eWheels would offer it (or something similar) out of the box, as I ride 98% of the time on wet residential roads, and prefer not to have the disrespectful knobby noise.

Edited by slippyfeet

There's many options for tires.. (I also ride 90% asphalt, but i don't like completely smooth tires.) 

Some examples: (I personally like: Pirelli SC 30, Mitas B-14, Heidenau K38)

Your mentioned: Michelin S83

9933932A_22EF_4E17_BEC7_BC3CD7E2BA9C_ccc

Pirelli SC 30

G7Coanm5PzrjaoswUMsEdnh2Zo8ZtRda_31fa.jp

Heidenau K58

1189_k58_001_76f9.jpg

Continental K 62

0476_k62_001_82c4.jpg

Continental Conti Classic

B12BF5F9_4FCA_4E05_B4EB_B883BCA45179_408

Mitas MC-20

2d13fa63_c9eb_481b_861e_27a159d858d6_d66

Mitas B-14

FB3BC6D4_A3DF_4AFA_BA9A_A960BF05E1CE_b6b

Heidenau K38

4439087C_2F42_4CC4_AB74_6125A4AC181D_bec

Bridgestone TW3

131990_636a5ea4c553a3.94447132_pr097_det

This is the detail of Falcon pertaining to the suspension that can be tuned and the trolley handle that is as like as  ET max.IMG_1266.thumb.jpeg.bb05b98dc1a1581fde82ab727ab5d71c.jpeg

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, YCC said:

This is the detail of Falcon pertaining to the suspension that can be tuned and the trolley handle that is as like as  ET max.IMG_1266.thumb.jpeg.bb05b98dc1a1581fde82ab727ab5d71c.jpeg

The trolley had a latch on the back running over the rear led light, which to me is definitely out of place and just a placeholder for the event. I would rather them have securing points to the left and right - nylon latches maybe,
but even better embedding neodymium magnets under the top of the controller to secure the handle down would be really nice (please :efefe00999:) the weatherproofing integrity won't be compromised too.  

Edited by slippyfeet
  • Upvote 1

The handle altogether is out of place and afterthought.. Something very simple ruining whole wheel.

Anyone who says otherwise have never needed to carry their wheel around, or doesn't care about the handle in first place. I don't care what you think - the same way you don't care about my comments about the handle. :P 

I won't be buying a wheel without a decent handle.. And manufacturers wonder why these wheels don't sell that well in first place. Hmm maybe because you are selling half baked shit? I would prefer to buy wheel with 84V system, if it had amazing handle. Compared to wheel which was 168V and had shit handle.

Big heavy units - you don't really carry those wheels, or try to do it at least as possible in fist place. But these smaller/lighter wheels need to have a GOOD carry/trolley handle. Otherwise they beat the point of buying one.. People buy smaller wheels for their ease of carrying/portability. But when the handle just isn't there, no-one is going to buy them for portability. Sure it will be amazing "trick" wheel. But for daily commutes and things like that - no thanks.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Funky said:

The handle altogether is out of place and afterthought.. Something very simple ruining whole wheel.

Anyone who says otherwise have never needed to carry their wheel around and doesn't care about the handle in first place. I don't care what you think - the same way you don't care about my comments about the handle. :P 

I won't be buying a wheel without a decent handle.. And manufacturers wonder why these wheels don't sell that well in first place. Hmm maybe because you are selling half baked shit? I would prefer to buy wheel with 84V system, if it had amazing handle. Compared to wheel which was 168V and had shit handle.

Big heavy units - you don't really carry those wheels, or try to do it at least as possible in fist place. But these smaller/lighter wheels need to have a GOOD carry/trolley handle. Otherwise they beat the point of buying one.. People buy smaller wheels for their ease of carrying/portability. But when the handle just isn't there, no-one is going to buy them for portability. Sure it will be amazing "trick" wheel. But for daily commutes and things like that - no thanks.

Exactly this. I was extremely excited when I saw this wheel at first, I thought "finally, they are making a small, affordable suspension wheel for commuting and daily tasks". I thought I had found my next wheel. Now Im looking at it going "its a suitcase without a handle".

Edited by MadVlad
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

Exactly this. I was extremely excited when I saw this wheel at first, I thought "finally, they are making a small, affordable suspension wheel for commuting and daily tasks". I thought I had found my next wheel. Now Im looking at it going "its a suitcase without a handle".

Same. It even is 1.5kg lighter than my 18xl. Offers same max speed, comes with honeycomb pedals, full metal build, has amazing fat M/C tire that i like and aftermarket has so many options.. But seeing that handle.. WTF!!! It would have been perfect commuter going 30-35kmh speeds.

Maybe in next 1-2 years we will see something actually "good". People don't get me wrong - it is amazing small wheel aka "Pocket Rocker" is enough said.. But for daily usage it isn't good at all, simply because of that handle.

"its a suitcase without a handle". < Love that. :D 

Edited by Funky

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/nQd7cXJ1hopRjCvu/?mibextid=oFDknk

Look at the tail light. There's a stick that clips the trolley in place and it runs down the center, obstructing the middle of the tail light 🤦‍♂️.

This 100v 3.5" wheel has to ride incredible for me to overlook all these design choices (and I will if it's a pocket rocket). I heard the 3.5" is for the street tire only, not knobby. Does anyone know?

On 4/14/2024 at 6:21 AM, slippyfeet said:

The trolley had a latch on the back running over the rear led light, which to me is definitely out of place and just a placeholder for the event.

yup, and I gave possible solutions a few days ago.

the knobby is the same tire that comes on the A2, also asked the universe about tire sizes last week ^ we'll just have to wait and see

On 3/22/2024 at 2:46 PM, Funky said:

Suspension.

I would be suprised if falcon would have better suspension than s18 with 3th party shock absorber.

Begode, please prove me wrong and make one suspension setup what dosent need action after 1k km offroad.

• Like 1