2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

Every wheel has smart BMS.. Or are you talking about smart-smart BMS? :D

We should give different name for BMS - where you can see each cell or cell group voltage.. Even BMS without that function is called "smart BMS"... Which in my eyes are stupid! As they are completely different BMS.. Meaning they should have simple BMS as naming. And actually smart BMS be named smart..

But to answer your questions: I think falcon will have the "dumb" BMS, where you can't see the cell/cell group voltage. Some temp sensors should also be included. Because even most basic wheels have had some temp sensors. 

But as everyone - i also would love if every wheel would have an actual SMART BMS.. Seeing each cell voltage is awesome! And problems can be seen very easily and quickly.

10 minutes ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

This could be a good wheel to replace my 9 year old daughter’s MSX with! It’s an 84v so I am having trouble finding replacement batteries for it. I feel like she could handle the weight of this one. 

Next wheel should be 45lbs 14" 40C motor after Falcon.. Torque be the same as RS19HT. (40C motor is on 14" rim - if i'm not wrong - making it 18" wheel.)

This one would be easy MSX replacement.. Even better than Falcon. :D 

(I'm personally waiting for this 45lbs one. As it will be my next wheel.)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Every wheel has smart BMS.. Or are you talking about smart-smart BMS? :D

We should give different name for BMS - where you can see each cell or cell group voltage.. Even BMS without that function is called "smart BMS"... Which in my eyes are stupid! As they are completely different BMS.. Meaning they should have simple BMS as naming. And actually smart BMS be named smart..

But to answer your questions: I think falcon will have the "dumb" BMS, where you can't see the cell/cell group voltage. Some temp sensors should also be included. Because even most basic wheels have had some temp sensors. 

But as everyone - i also would love if every wheel would have an actual SMART BMS.. Seeing each cell voltage is awesome! And problems can be seen very easily and quickly.

BMS just means battery managment system, all Euc have them, if BMS can show cell voltage it's most likely a "smart" BMS but it's up to the manufacturers if they want to expose settings and features of the smart BMS to the end user.

I imagine a lot of settings would not be good for users to change without knowing exactly what it does so most settings are not exposed to end user because it could leads to unwanted results.

40 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

BMS just means battery managment system, all Euc have them, if BMS can show cell voltage it's most likely a "smart" BMS but it's up to the manufacturers if they want to expose settings and features of the smart BMS to the end user.

I imagine a lot of settings would not be good for users to change without knowing exactly what it does so most settings are not exposed to end user because it could leads to unwanted results.

@Stefan M asked if Falcon will have - a smart BMS?

As you said.. Every wheel have it. BUT i was talking about THE dumb BMS and smart BMS..

Even without the "settings" that let user charge to what ever %%% they want and things like that.

BMS that show only wheel voltage - old fashion "smart" BMS.. (MY ks18xl also have "smart" BMS i think..? If i'm not wrong..)

BMS that show each cell or cell group voltage together with wheel voltage - new fashion REAL smart BMS..

Or some people like to call every wheels BMS - Smart BMS, just because they show battery pack voltage.. But in my eyes they aren't smart as they show only battery pack's voltage.. Seeing each cell or cell group voltage alongside packs voltage - now that's real smart BMS.

7 hours ago, Funky said:

@Stefan M asked if Falcon will have - a smart BMS?

As you said.. Every wheel have it. BUT i was talking about THE dumb BMS and smart BMS..

Even without the "settings" that let user charge to what ever %%% they want and things like that.

BMS that show only wheel voltage - old fashion "smart" BMS.. (MY ks18xl also have "smart" BMS i think..? If i'm not wrong..)

BMS that show each cell or cell group voltage together with wheel voltage - new fashion REAL smart BMS..

Or some people like to call every wheels BMS - Smart BMS, just because they show battery pack voltage.. But in my eyes they aren't smart as they show only battery pack's voltage.. Seeing each cell or cell group voltage alongside packs voltage - now that's real smart BMS.

Then I misunderstood your post, non smart BMS everything is passive more or less and no advanced readouts.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dan Hillary said:

This might be the mini wheel I've been waiting for; 14x3 has long been a missing form factor. A2 looked nice but needed an integrated trolley handle for me to have bought it.

What about carry handle? You don't need to carry the wheel ever? :D 

I really doubt this wheel is only 14" when inflated. The MCM5V2 is just over 15", for example, and it handles more like a 16" with a 2.25-2.5" tire.

I'm looking forward to eWheels sending one to the community for reviews and testing, once it is in final beta.

13 hours ago, litewave said:

I really doubt this wheel is only 14" when inflated. The MCM5V2 is just over 15", for example, and it handles more like a 16" with a 2.25-2.5" tire.

I'm looking forward to eWheels sending one to the community for reviews and testing, once it is in final beta.

It's real diameter is 40CM on the mark.. Making it same size as 16x2.125" tire. (In this image it's actually 41CM - which is even bigger, which is great. :D)

It seems all new "small" wheels will be using that 10x3.5" tire - which makes perfect size and real diameter around 16".

They should name it 10" at least that way people know it's 10" rim. 14" naming is just stupid - because 14" doesn't mean anything on this wheel. It's 16" or 10" go by tire size or rim size.. 14" is middle ground - which doesn't give anything proper to go by..

Falcondimensions.jpg.0500b65390e65e0af58

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 2

I think it is normal axle like A2. The pads on the proto were hard (fibreglass?). I suspect they will be like the A2 pads on the production wheels. Fine for new riders.

monokoleso-begode-a2-52.jpg

Edited by DavidB
Add image

They rotated axle 90 degrees so should be a fair bit stronger. Probably uses 6203 bearing which is WAY cheaper and 1/10 the weight of hollow bore bearings and easier to waterproof. Fit for purpose.

8 hours ago, DavidB said:

They rotated axle 90 degrees so should be a fair bit stronger. Probably uses 6203 bearing which is WAY cheaper and 1/10 the weight of hollow bore bearings and easier to waterproof. Fit for purpose.

That's ks18xl bearing.. A2 used different number. Little bit bigger in size also the axle part was thicker.. I think A2 uses 6204 bearing not 6203.

Don't remember, but on YouTube on one of those disassembly videos the guy even said 6204 was on A2. At least i can swear he said that.

1111111111.png

1111.png

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

I am sure you are right I seem to remember on a Ecodrift teardown they mentioned bearing upgrade from 03 to 04.

Not that it matters to you and me. I just saw a video that said the Falcon is exclusive to EWheels. The Australian distributor had many inquiries for Falcon but was told by Begode "not available to you" Maybe Europe is the same.

See this video from 16:00 min mark to ~ 18:00 min

3 hours ago, DavidB said:

I am sure you are right I seem to remember on a Ecodrift teardown they mentioned bearing upgrade from 03 to 04.

Not that it matters to you and me. I just saw a video that said the Falcon is exclusive to EWheels. The Australian distributor had many inquiries for Falcon but was told by Begode "not available to you" Maybe Europe is the same.

See this video from 16:00 min mark to ~ 18:00 min

Still Begode is the maker, not the EWheels.. They can choose to sell it to everyone. Also making EWheels the only distributor would be kind of stupid.. At least from business/profit view point. As no-one else could buy the wheel. Only the customers who buy them directly from EWheels..

If this is real - it's the dumbest thing i have seen. From business viewpoint it would be very bad move. Otherwise EWheels will have to send/sell them globally. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Funky said:

Still Begode is the maker, not the EWheels.. They can choose to sell it to everyone. Also making EWheels the only distributor would be kind of stupid.. At least from business/profit view point. As no-one else could buy the wheel. Only the customers who buy them directly from EWheels..

And ewheels only ship to US and Canada.

Hence, the Begode Falcon is basically a wheel for the US market.

15 minutes ago, techyiam said:

And ewheels only ship to US and Canada.

Hence, the Begode Falcon is basically a wheel for the US market.

Yeah i saw.. Just checked..

US market is the one who likes the big/fast wheels. Europe would be perfect part of the world for that wheel.. I don't get their logic behind that. Making a wheel that is already a niche product and selling it even less. By limit it only to US/Canada.

Hey you live in Canada - wanna earn some quick $$$? :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

I could be that eWheels worked directly with Begode to develop (or fund development of) the Falcon, similar to the Veteran Sherman. The deal might include exclusive selling rights for the first X years.

Of course, this is all speculation, unless @Jason McNeil wants to chime in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I could be that eWheels worked directly with Begode to develop (or fund development of) the Falcon, similar to the Veteran Sherman. The deal might include exclusive selling rights for the first X years.

Of course, this is all speculation, unless @Jason McNeil wants to chime in.

Begode reaches out to all vendors to offer a custom-made, vendor-exclusive EUC. The Falcon is an eWheels exclusive. Another example of vendor exlusives are the Nikola+ Alien Rides edition, and now we have the upcoming Begode Blitz being sold exlusively by EUC Ungerground at a discounted rate and Revrides for a "full MSRP" price. All the dealer needs to do is put up enough money to make it happen with a large enough MOQ, and Begode will do it for them. That's one wonderful thing about Begode - they are very open to making custom creations and making new products happen for individuals, and individual dealers.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

That's one wonderful thing about Begode - they are very open to making custom creations and making new products happen for individuals, and individual dealers.

Interesting. All we need is to gather enough people who want a certain style wheel and it can be done. Let’s continue in another thread. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well - sh*t for all us "non" individuals in dark age europe, we have to make do with the standard goods.  But now that I'm always 2 years behind in buying "new"  - it will probably work anyway. :cheers: