2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I'm a little worried about the structural integrity of the frame. It looks like the only thing holding the battery housing to the control board plate are two screws. Screws are not strong in the shearing direction. Over time, I can see these screws loosening or shearing, caused be repetitive lateral forces every time you lean to turn.

On the contrary. I don't agree.

It looks well built for a probably low cost, last-mile-device, at least as what we are seeing in this prototype. 

First of all, there is no impact type lateral loading, unless under certain type of crashes. Secondly, where are you getting the pure shear from. Since the battery boxes have depth, any lateral loading will transform to a bending type of loading. And the forces would be relatively low. (Ie. leaning to turn.) For such low stresses, and with proper spec'ed bolts, I don't see a fatigue issue here either.

Can you share some links to this type of failure in euc's?

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, Tomallo said:

I'm curious if the wheel diameter will stay at 3.5 inches, this seems quite fat. Perhaps a suspension "Ninebot Z10" spiritual successor if it stays that way? 

You can always mount smaller width tires.. No-one is stopping you. If you like 2.5" go ahead. :) I like 3" the most - because you have the most options to choose from.

And people who like biggest diameter tire can go 3.5" if they choose.

Now if that wheel had 2.5" tire as it's original one.. You could not go bigger. But smaller - always, tire spacing is what counts.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Let's do a reality check. :D (Q-Q post ahead..) :whistling:

Falcon more or less is EX20S/30S but at smaller size. (Because of all metal build.) It's awesome - i can appreciate that it's built very robust. And i like that! :thumbup:

But at 55lbs(25kg)? :shock2: It's 14" wheel that has only 1000W motor and 900Wh battery. Let's compare it to some other wheels that are on market shall we? Example Inmotion V11 or V11Y

They both are 60/65lbs(27/30kg). They both offer a lot bigger battery and quite a bit stronger motor. And have 18" wheel. Even Falcon bigger brother T4 is around 73lbs (33kg). Kingsong S16 is also same weight around 73lbs(33kg) and offer quit a bit more. The weaker S18 is around 25kg and still have 18" wheel.

Let's not forget, that Falcons 55lbs(25kg) weight may change and finished wheel weight be closer to 60lbs(27kg)... :facepalm: Making it the same weight as older V11 and 5lbs(2kg) less than newly released V11Y, both 18" wheels, that have 2x times bigger battery and more powerful motor. And even suspension - SHOCKING!!! :shock2:

Something isn't RIGHT!!! Sure i get that all metal build will be heavier. But come on people. 14" half as powerful wheel is almost the same weight as 18", two times more powerful wheel? :blink: Only thing going for Falcon is it's very small/cute formfactor, nothing else. And without a carry handle it's a 100% pass from me - and i can strongly say that for many people it also will be a pass. (Sorry - Not Sorry. I'm saying how it is, not gonna sugar coat "things".) :innocent1:

May start lifting weights while watching Movies, as it seems we will never get lightweight wheels.. And down the road get the V11Y 65lbs(30kg) wheel.. As it makes more sense than this FAT Falcon. 65lbs(30kg) vs 55-60lbs(25-27kg) Even if i would use only about 40% of what that wheel would offer.. (V11Y - I don't need range/speed.)

The end of Q-Q post. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful day. <3

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Let's do a reality check. :D (Q-Q post ahead..) :whistling:

Falcon more or less is EX20S/30S but at smaller size. (Because of all metal build.) It's awesome - i can appreciate that it's built very robust. And i like that! :thumbup:

But at 55lbs(25kg)? :shock2: It's 14" wheel that has only 1000W motor and 900Wh battery. Let's compare it to some other wheels that are on market shall we? Example Inmotion V11 or V11Y

They bot are 60/65lbs(27/30kg). They both offer a lot bigger battery and quit a bit stronger motor. And have 18" wheel. Even Falcon bigger brother T4 is around 73lbs (33kg). Kingsong S16 is also same weight around 73lbs(33kg) and offer quit a bit more. The weaker S18 is around 25kg and still have 18" wheel.

Let's not forget, that Falcons 55lbs(25kg) weight may change and finished wheel weight be closer to 60lbs(27kg)... :facepalm: Making it the same weight as older V11 and 5lbs(2kg) less than newly released V11Y, both 18" wheels, that have 2x times bigger battery and more powerful motor. And even suspension - SHOCKING!!! :shock2:

Something isn't RIGHT!!! Sure i get that all metal build will be heavier. But come on people. 14" half as powerful wheel is almost the same weight as 18", two times more powerful wheel? :blink: Only thing going for Falcon is it's very small/cute formfactor, nothing else. And without a carry handle it's a 100% pass from me - and i can strongly say that for many people it also will be a pass. (Sorry - Not Sorry. I'm saying how it is, not gonna sugar coat "things".) :innocent1:

May start lifting weights while watching Movies, as it seems we will never get lightweight wheels.. And down the road get the V11Y 65lbs(30kg) wheel.. As it makes more sense than this FAT Falcon. 65lbs(30kg) vs 55-60lbs(25-27kg) Even if i would use only about 40% of what that wheel would offer.. (V11Y - I don't need range/speed.)

The end of Q-Q post. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful day. <3

I too will pass on this wheel. I live at the top of a steep hill and I am a large man. If the price is right (sub $1500) I may get it so the kids can learn

2 hours ago, FancyKiddo said:

If you don't need range and speed, why would you get a heavier wheel that only gets you more range and speed? 

Because i like new toys same way the next guy likes them.. Duh.. And we are not getting anything NEW lightweight. Might as well swallow extra 4kg weight and get the best thing you can get. :efeee20b79:

If you'll only use 40% of the V11, when that means you'd only use 80% of the Falcon by your own math, why isn't this wheel perfect for you? 

Oh believe me 900Wh are perfect for me. It even goes same speed as my 18XL, which is wonderful. Weight - that's why. My 18XL is the same weight - enough said. :) 

And why would anyone get this over V11, even if you would not use all the wheel power available to you? If they are same weight at the end? You get bigger tire, more comfy ride and such greatness..

Funky: never happy.

Yes. :cry2:

But same time - if it's really is 55lbs(25kg) heavy, i might get it just because of all that metal build, because it will be strong as hell. And small formfactor. (Ofc if it gets carry handle at the end..) :efeee20b79:

Spec wise it would be good enough. And i will finally get suspension and 3.5" fat tire - which i also like. And new modern design - Only things i would gain out of it. Because i wanted my new wheel to be around 20kg weight. With or without suspension. 

Edited by Funky

39 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I can safely say that this wheel is a future hit. Small wheel with suspension? Slam Dunk

It's great that this exists. With all the discussion and complaints, let's not forget this is a suspension small wheel - something nobody has done before (with the KS S16 coming in second, but that is quite a bit bigger). I not sure if any other manufacturer would have risked offering a suspension 14/15 incher on their own, so we're lucky we have Begode. Maybe the others will follow up with their own comparable wheels (well there were S14 rumors...).

• Like 3

Kingsong just needs to release an S18 with 16" wheels and upgraded 100v system. It would be a better wheel than the Falcon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I can safely say that this wheel is a future hit. Small wheel with suspension? Slam Dunk

OFC it is! I agree completely - i just hate the weight, because of all metal build. :D It easily could have been around 20kg and still have suspension. Yeah plastic built wheels are more prone to cracking and breaking.. But i personally over 3 years still have zero cracks in my plastic wheel. So... :efefb6a84e: Same time i can appreciate the metal build.. Each has their own benefits. 

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe the others will follow up with their own comparable wheels (well there were S14 rumors...).

At least S14 should be lighter.. :D As i don't see KS doing full metal build on small wheel.

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

Kingsong just needs to release an S18 with 16" wheels and upgraded 100v system. It would be a better wheel than the Falcon.

Yup. Preferably with new closed design. So compatibility with pads would be better and water would not plash the rider..

I wonder how much suspension travel it has..? It seems not that much? Meaning it can be bottomed out pretty easy? 

I wonder if going off regular height curb, it can be bottomed out. Sure you get different springs, for different weight riders. But riders over 200lbs? And riders over 250lbs only option would be to get the strongest/stiffest spring. And even then question is - will it not bottom out?

Edited by Funky

Doh if they don't add the centered (or some kind) carry handle. Some/Many people will skip it just because of that.

Carry handle is basic needs from EUC at this point. Especially smaller/lighter models. People buy these smaller units because of it's size and ease of transporting. If they don't add a carry handle - it's a fail in my eyes. 

I really wanna like the Falcon. But honestly i can't - if it doesn't have a carry handle. Yes.. Yes.. i sound like a broken record player at this point.. But it's very important to me! 

Come one people - you don't need to like me. But i'm saying truth here! We can agree on that at least?

Edited by Funky

@Funky You definitely sound like a broken record. Certainly nothing new there, I do agree with you though it should have a good carry handle. All wheels should. If it turns out that this wheel is an almost perfect fit for you, adding one looks fairly easy. I don’t think that should be a dealbreaker. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@Funky You definitely sound like a broken record. Certainly nothing new there, I do agree with you though it should have a good carry handle. All wheels should. If it turns out that this wheel is an almost perfect fit for you, adding one looks fairly easy. I don’t think that should be a dealbreaker. 

Sure one could drill holes somewhere and add a hardware handle.. But why would they? The wheel should come with one already from the beginning. And hardware handle will not look/feel that good in hands, compared to one that is specially made by manufacturer and it's specific wheel.

I already wanted to buy A2. But it's carry handle gave me second thoughts.. Falcon spec wise looks PERFECT for me. And if it has that 320lbs max carry weight that ewheels page has in their info page - IT'S AWESOME!!! Instant buy from me! But nahh. The dam HANDLE.. :D Such a small detail, but very important.. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@Funky Kydex is a marvellous material. You can easily make a custom one from that and probably use the existing bolt holes and add a slightly longer bolt to mount your handle. check out some diy kydex vids! 
https://kydex.com/

I do hope someone will offer some kind handle on market.. I don't have 3D printer and don't know how to "order" a specific DIY handle from god knows somewhere..

I'm even sure there will be some handles on market.. And as i'm not gonna buy first batch wheel anyways. I'm sure by the time i'm gonna buy one - there will be some handles on market - which is great news! :thumbup: (Still it will looks somewhat out of place, but at least will do the intended job.. I just wish we the costumers would not need to install and buy extra things for our euc's.. It should have the basic handle from the start.)

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Doh if they don't add the centered (or some kind) carry handle. Some/Many people will skip it just because of that.

Carry handle is basic needs from EUC at this point. Especially smaller/lighter models. People buy these smaller units because of it's size and ease of transporting. If they don't add a carry handle - it's a fail in my eyes. 

I really wanna like the Falcon. But honestly i can't - if it doesn't have a carry handle. Yes.. Yes.. i sound like a broken record player at this point.. But it's very important to me!

The eWheels product page said they're pushing for a front carry handle on the final product :eff034a94a:.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

The eWheels product page said they're pushing for a front carry handle on the final product :eff034a94a:.

Yeah i saw. Which is GREAT NEWS!!!. But as @Marty Backe said same thing about KS-S16, carrying by front handle is very uncomfortable.

Oh great Marty can you tell us how it is - when EUC have front carrying handle, not centered one? Tell us your experience please?

But at least some-kind handle is better, than none at all. :efee47c9c8: My hopes and actually wanting to buy Falcon goes up.. :D 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 4:35 PM, alcatraz said:

Ok, so 25kg. Not bad. For reference the S18 is 24kg and T4 29kg, V11 27kg if I'm not mistaken. 

For 3kgs more you could get an RS19 with 2x the battery. If I had to choose between the two of those, picking the 4-year-old RS is an easy choice. That thing is actually a vehicle and not a toy.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

For 3kgs more you could get an RS19 with 2x the battery. If I had to choose between the two of those, picking the 4-year-old RS is an easy choice. That thing is actually a vehicle and not a toy.

Just have to make sure you get an RS that doesn't have LG cells or else you have a major fire hazard on your hands.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

Just have to make sure you get an RS that doesn't have LG cells or else you have a major fire hazard on your hands.

been there, done that...

• Haha 1