2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

19 minutes ago, Funky said:

Also 3.5" so 90 width tires "should" fit? 80 should fit 100% right? (Talking about 80/80, 80/90, 90/80, 90/90 size tires.)

I think with the 3.5" width, it might be easier to find a scooter tire for it.

I am thinking that this wheel could be a great addition for euc families who need a wheel for their kids to ride along with their parents.

Third party vendors may offer a 900 Wh battery pack on top, perhaps, to make it 4P, or 450 Wh for 3P.

This wheel also marks the first Begode wheel to have a hydraulic suspension (vs linkage suspension).

1 minute ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

44k people who are looking at something else and are not interested in the wheel or even know what it is. 

Product exposure is one of the important pillars in advertising to bring in new riders.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

44k people who are looking at something else and are not interested in the wheel or even know what it is. 

That's just as stupid as advertising pork meat in Pakistan. 

Couldn't agree more. They aren't directing this at the interested target demographic. I highly doubt that their choice in "influencer" will pay off in the form of expanding the EUC community (or EUC sales) in this case. I'm admittedly jealous that I didn't get to demo it ahead of time, but I still believe they didn't make the best choice in selecting her as a beta tester.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I'm admittedly jealous that I didn't get to demo it ahead of time, but I still believe they didn't make the best choice in selecting her as a beta tester.

She may be one of the beta testers, but primarily, she officially help launched the Begode Falcon on behalf of Begode, albeit a prototype. But it is better than some CGI.

Edited by techyiam

Happy to see the innovation that the Begode Falcon brings to the smaller EUC category.

It perplexes me that a customer would want a small but heavy EUC. Sales of the Falcon should prove whether or not this category exists.

The Good:

• 100V 2800W controller paired with a 10-inch rim 1000W motor
  • 70km/h free-spin enables safe 50km/h cruising
  • Control board on top with a heatsink underneath
  • 900Wh battery split into four 225Wh battery packs

The Bad:

• 55 lb weight
  • No handles to lift wheel
  • Off-center trolley
  • Lack of side-shell means getting your legs soaked when the ground is wet.

The Questions:

• Smart BMS to balance the 4 packs?
  • Where are the buttons and charge ports?
  • Will there be a motor connector outside the controller housing for easier tire changes?
  • Is the display unit visible under sunlight?
  • What water-resistance measures are implemented?
  • Can pedal height be adjusted?

The Falcon looks aimed at off-road users, as opposed to micro-mobility commuters, but it has potential as a modding platform.

The Mods (to make it a lighter micro-mobility commuter and worthy MCM5v2 successor):

• Remove the suspension and have the trolley handle placed between the battery packs (Sherman-style)
  • Add a lift handle or make the trolley strong enough to lift the wheel (S18-style)
  • Replace the heavy-duty metal pedals with lightweight pedals (NyloNove-style)
  • Replace the 3.5-inch wide tire with something lighter and more responsive (in the 2.5"-3.0" range)
  • Replace the molded pads with something flat
  • Replace the protective frame with something flatter (it currently juts out to support the molded pads)
  • Swap the metal battery boxes for something lighter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

The Falcon looks aimed at off-road users, as opposed to micro-mobility commuters, but it has potential as a modding platform.

But her prototype has a street tire, and the exploded-view posted by Jason also has a street tire.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But her prototype has a street tire, and the exploded-view posted by Jason also has a street tire.

Maybe slicks are the new knobbies? Many things don't make sense anymore. For example the T4 is a famed trail wheel but the new beefed up T4 Pro only comes with a street tire. By that logic this Falcon is the new off-road micro commuter.

Will the trolley handle also be carry handle??? Otherwise will there be ONE HANDED carry handle?

Not having a carry handle is out of question.. And will be a deal breaker. (You could add your own handle, by simple drilling some kind of handle on top/sides, but why??? Manufacturer need to do that.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

@Funky In YourAubsome's more detailed video, she mentions that she's sending feedback to Begode about adding a handle on top.
https://youtu.be/gf1PZqW1M_w

The power switch and charge port, located on the bottom-side of the controller box, will make transitioning from riding-to-carrying an annoying experience (e.g. walking up stairs)

If Begode does decide to add a handle on top, they should also include a lift switch for ergonomic transitions.

Edited by Asphalt
spelling
  • Like 1

Im always looking on what would replace my commuter (bringing on a train) wheels, currently using the MSP(53lbs) and the Tesla II (42.5 lbs),  I think both of them have larger batteries, are lighter, and have the same speed as the Falcon. Doesn't look like an upgrade at all for me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

@Funky In YourAubsome's more detailed video, she mentions that she's sending feedback to Begode about adding a handle on top.
https://youtu.be/gf1PZqW1M_w

The power switch and charge port, located on the bottom-side of the controller box, will make transitioning from riding-to-carrying an annoying experience (e.g. walking up stairs)

If Begode does decide to add a handle on top, they should also include a lift switch for ergonomic transitions.

Yeah i saw it already. NOT having a carry handle alone will be a deal breaker for myself. I don't plan going down in wheel well each time i wanna lift my wheel. Also i'm not gonna use TWO hands to lift a wheel. 

I need to carry my wheel A-LOT!!! Short distance, but a lot.

9 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

@Jason McNeil Are you able to say if the Falcon is what the "A2 Pro" rumor has become? 
Or is there also an A2 Pro coming too?

We already saw the "new" motherboard. Meaning there will be update for A2. I figure..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Im always looking on what would replace my commuter (bringing on a train) wheels, currently using the MSP(53lbs) and the Tesla II (42.5 lbs),  I think both of them have larger batteries, are lighter, and have the same speed as the Falcon. Doesn't look like an upgrade at all for me.

Only new 2024 design and suspension - rest is the same.. And if you don't need/want suspension it isn't really an upgrade. And at 26kg weight you're better off getting Inmotion V11Y at ~30kg. :D 

Not really a lightweight wheel, which i wanted.. 10-20kg is lightweight. 20-30kg is medium. 30kg+ is heavy class.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

true

3 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

That's just as stupid as advertising pork meat in Pakistan. 

not the same, posting to an audience which is predictably opposed is very different from posting to an audience which came for a different reason. The latter is basically how advertising works.

Edited by Mono

42 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

think both of them have larger batteries,

The Falcon charges at 8 A , 100.8 V. That makes recharge a quick affair. We have to wait for range tests to know how far one can go one-way.

Man that is a TIGHT fit between the tire/rim/motor and the battery cases/frame... when I think back on how often I have already had issues with pebbles stuck in the wheel well of my V10F and how difficult it is to get them out...

@YourAubsome Great recommendations to Begode about adding the handle and removing the stock side pads (hopefully they provide a flat surface)
Thanks for the torque comparison with the MCM5v2.

What is the lateral frame stability like without the side pad plates? Do you think it will fold like the mTen4?

@

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

@YourAubsome Great recommendations to Begode about adding the handle and removing the stock side pads (hopefully they provide a flat surface)
Thanks for the torque comparison with the MCM5v2.

What is the lateral frame stability like without the side pad plates? Do you think it will fold like the mTen4?

@

the entire thing feels extremely stable in every direction. Here's some more details on the controller and how simple the design is (note: the suspension does work; the stock pads were the problem): 

Edited by YourAubsome
  • Like 2