2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

2 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

For 3kgs more you could get an RS19 with 2x the battery. If I had to choose between the two of those, picking the 4-year-old RS is an easy choice. That thing is actually a vehicle and not a toy.

I'm giving my RS19 HT away to a friend. It has great power, but the overall build quality and design of the wheel is complete shit. Power and weight are very important, but there are many other factors that I care about. 

49 minutes ago, YourAubsome said:

After the Falcon I'm trying to get them to make a wheel that is:

• 14" C40 motor
  • 100v 900 watt hour Samsung 50S
  • ~30 MPH top speed, monster torque (goal is to have torque at least as good as the RS19 HT)
  • no suspension
  • design focused on making the wheel as light and portable as possible (45 lbs max weight) (this includes good trolley handle and good pickup handle)
  • flat mounting point for third party pads
  • all of the modern amenities: smart BMS, screen, water proofing 

EUC manufacturers have been giving us more power, but they keep increasing the size and weight while adding that power; mainly because they are using a ton of batteries. Where are the wheels that have the power we want but are small and light? Sure we have to sacrifice range, but its worth it. 

YES -Just YES!!! My daily commute is 5km.. I want powerful, but same time light wheel. Aka last mileage wheel, but with modern powerful stats. I have never cared about range. As i can charge my 1554Wh battery only 2 times a MONTH! Yes i'm charging it 2 times a month when battery drops down to 50%. I even once rode 3 weeks whiteout charging. (was doing tests..) Found out it's better to charge it every second week.. 

This wheel would be even better than Falcon then.. At least for people who don't do jumps and have somewhat smooth roads/pathways. I'm all for this IDEA! :thumbup:

40 minutes ago, YourAubsome said:

I agree with you - if this thing had a 1,000 watt motor it would be worthless. That "1,000" watt motor rating is likely a copy and paste mistake by Begode. If its not, then they are clueless. The 1,000 watt motor was because this wheel started off as an A2 that they were adding suspension too. Next they added more cells to make it 100V and changed to 50S cells and upgraded the controller to handle more power. Somewhere along the line they forgot that this is no longer a "1,000 watt motor".

I rode the prototype for about 30 mins outside on Friday when it stopped raining, and I can tell you that the Falcon is significantly more powerful than the S18, which is rated around 2,000 watts (and its a flat out lie). Today I'll be testing the Falcon side by side with a Bedgode T4 v3. My initial impression is the Falcon and the T4 have very similar power capabilities, but I'll thoroughly test that and find out for sure. 

The S18 and V11 are both garbage compared to the Falcon (V11 was my favorite wheel for a long time, I put almost 2,000 miles on it). The S18 is a plastic POS that you can't mount pads on and its massively underpowered. The V11 suspension is soft and smooth for little bumps, but anything more and it starts to suck. The V11 is also extremely fragile and mounting good pads on it is very difficult. From what I can tell so far, the Falcon is built like a tank (I'll disassemble it to make sure; I know some people have concerns).

Yes the 1000W is misleading.. I think it's to do with the 25kg weight/1000W motor law/rules - that some people have been talking.. So it makes sense to market motor at 1000W. Smaller wheel - ofc it will be more torque as tire is closer to motor.. So makes sense that it's more powerful than S18. I would not be surprised if T4 and Falcon is about same in power.. 

35 minutes ago, YourAubsome said:

It doesn't bottom out doing ~1 foot drops with a 200 lbs rider with the stock springs. The travel appears to be about 2-3 inches.  The suspension is pretty good. Its all around better than the V11, but not as good as the S18 suspension. The suspension is good enough for it to be useful and it enables things I wouldn't otherwise do (like stairs on a 14" wheel). The suspension is also great for bunny hopping.

Dam - now i don't know if i want suspension or would be good off with your "mentioned 45lbs" wheel.. In my mind my commute is very short, have train middle of ride..(Resting feet/ankles) Meaning i don't really need the suspension. I'm going over railway every day - only them the suspension would actually be used the most. Rest path/road is somewhat straight. I don't even bend my knees most of times at daily commute in summer.. Only in winter.

Doh - i can imagine the "45lbs wheel" will be released about in December. Or early 2025.. Meaning i need to wait another year or so. Too actually get it. :D Might as well wait, as this could be a banger of a last mileage wheel, that has been released in past 5 years.. Nothing similar has been released.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Starting to like this wheel more the more info disclosed by the tester. The small battery may be an issue. I will be interested in hearing what range the testers get.

Small wheels isn't for range.. DUH!! Get one of the dozen behemoth's released!

42 minutes ago, YourAubsome said:

I rode the prototype for about 30 mins outside on Friday when it stopped raining, and I can tell you that the Falcon is significantly more powerful than the S18, which is rated around 2,000 watts (and its a flat out lie).

You cannot feel nominal wattage. You can change in an 10,000W motor and it would still feel the same. Only thing that changes is how much power the motor can handle put through it continuously without melting. It can be a weak system but if that motor handles 2000W continuously without melting, then it’s not a lie. 

On the topic:

The most interesting thing for me is the tire size that we haven’t seen before. Makes it also more important for us to switch to using motorcycle standards when mentioning size. Width affects ride feel greatly. Plus this is completely different size than previous 14” wheels. Will this feel more like Z10? 

I also wonder if other manufacturers follow into this category. They haven’t done so in Mten and A2 sizes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

I also wonder if other manufacturers follow into this category. They haven’t done so in Mten and A2 sizes. 

I hope leaperkim will release a 14" mini lynx. I need a high quality kid wheel. Right now the Falcon looks the best but I would pay top dollar for a leaperkim falcon.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mcfoster said:

I hope leaperkim will release a 14" mini lynx. I need a high quality kid wheel. Right now the Falcon looks the best but I would pay top dollar for a leaperkim falcon.

Same.. Small wheels can have a premium price for what i care. Manufacturers just need to make smaller wheels in first place.

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

You cannot feel nominal wattage. You can change in an 10,000W motor and it would still feel the same. Only thing that changes is how much power the motor can handle put through it continuously without melting. It can be a weak system but if that motor handles 2000W continuously without melting, then it’s not a lie. 

On the topic:

The most interesting thing for me is the tire size that we haven’t seen before. Makes it also more important for us to switch to using motorcycle standards when mentioning size. Width affects ride feel greatly. Plus this is completely different size than previous 14” wheels. Will this feel more like Z10? 

I have an MCM5 *and* a Z10, and I am very interested if the Falcon can combine the best of both.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, YourAubsome said:

• 14" C40 motor
  • ~30 MPH top speed, monster torque (goal is to have torque at least as good as the RS19 HT)
  • no suspension
  • design focused on making the wheel as light and portable as possible (45 lbs max weight) (this includes good trolley handle and good pickup handle)

EUC manufacturers have been giving us more power, but they keep increasing the size and weight while adding that power; mainly because they are using a ton of batteries. Where are the wheels that have the power we want but are small and light? Sure we have to sacrifice range, but its worth it. 

Some questions.. From 1-100% how real can this be? I mean what is the possibility that Begode will actually build/sell something like this?

Asking out of curiosity. :) Because at 45lbs my dad could even replace his KS16S.. And i for sure will replace my KS18XL with this.

Also doesn't C40 motor have a 14" rim? Meaning it will be 18" wheel? :shock2: Or am i missing something here? :huh: (I would be amazed - if it's 18" and is only 45lbs. Sounds too good to be true.

Edited by Funky

8 hours ago, YourAubsome said:

Where are the wheels that have the power we want but are small and light?

With the new high drain cells like the 50S that really shouldnt be an issue anymore. Manufacturers will just have to be convinced there is a market for them. Of course it could be that really big and heavy wheels are just more profitable for them, just like trucks are more profitable than sedans...

10 hours ago, YourAubsome said:

• 14" C40 motor
  • no suspension

I agree with all of your points and would pay a pretty penny for this wheel.

I know Begode isn't known for their ergonomics, but a couple of the accidental features that make the MCM5 great are:

• Powered-OFF Trolleying (great for stealth exits when you don't want to wake everyone with the annoying power-up beep)
  • Loose folding pedals secured closed with magnets (allows for hands-free deployment and folding - important for quick transitions between riding and trolleying)
  • Beefy Handle (easy to twist wheel into small spaces and acts as a storage space for plastic bags, tape, snacks, etc)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

An entry level wheel with suspension and without the sticker shock we've seen on a lot of wheels lately; I really hope this wheel does well.

Not a fan of power pads and locking the rider into the wheel, I think those are responsible for a lot of lower body injuries. Hopefully they can be removed. 

• Like 1

I kind of like the stripped down look the testers have created with the prototype. Looks DIY. Seems Begode sprayed the mudguard in place looking at the over spray on the battery boxes. Sort of something I would have done and Surprised Begode left it in place for the mat black.

23 hours ago, YourAubsome said:

• 14" C40 motor
  • no suspension

Sounds like a godlike wheel, upgraded waterproof mcm5v2 is what the world needs! Pure efficiency. 

On 1/28/2024 at 6:52 AM, xiiijojjo said:

For 3kgs more you could get an RS19 with 2x the battery. If I had to choose between the two of those, picking the 4-year-old RS is an easy choice. That thing is actually a vehicle and not a toy.

The RS has cut out on me too many times, I know the fuse update is great to prevent fires but I feel it cuts out the RS sooner

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 11:23 AM, Funky said:

"Y" shape going over suspension and out to carry handle. The trolley handle can still be at back. You just need centered CARRY handle. The "Y" structure is connected to both battery boxes and have one big handle going over the top.. (It would also act as another structural point holding both sides together.)

I also wish for lightweight wheel.. Falcon was almost perfect.

It took me 1 minute to think a solution.. If their engineering team cant think something - IDK what they are doing....

111.png

Even if Begode fail to add that handle, it should be an easy enough mod with all of the screw holes on the machine. I personally would love to see how easy or difficult it is to do a tire change, especially with the outer metal sheets on the production model.

• Like 1

All they need to do is make an MCM5v2 with a suspension and keep it under 25kg/55lbs.

I would have expected a little more top speed for 100v.

I like the idea. Will wait to see the final product. 

Edited by GottaWay
  • Like 1

I am highly interested in a state-of-the-art, lightweight wheel that weighs less than 25 kg.

However, will it come with:

- a smart BMS?

- a battery temp sensor?

- a motor temp sensor?

- a motherboard/controller temp sensor?

- a battery over-voltage limiter (overcharge preventer)?

• Upvote 1