2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

I think I will do some work on lightening the wheel more when I will get my hands on mine. Already have some ideas on how to do that, so stay tuned 🙃

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Voltangle said:

I think I will do some work on lightening the wheel more when I will get my hands on mine. Already have some ideas on how to do that, so stay tuned 🙃

Removing handle/kickstand comes in mind first.. Maybe removing back/front light and save 100-300 grams. :D Exchanging the battery cases for fiberglass/carbon? Same for top cover? Changing 3.5" tire to 2-3" will be the biggest weight savings.

What else?

Edited by Funky

I have a preorder in for one as well. I'm excited to be part of this beta test :efee612b4b:

I may be nuts, but it's the closest thing that exists to what I'm looking for. Should be a blast as I'm not a heavy rider, 160 w/gear.

I also have a 50S V14 but need a portable wheel for casual riding on paved trails with my buddy on his scooter.

Sure wish it had a smart BMS with individual cell monitoring...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, theDirtyMagician said:

Sure wish it had a smart BMS with individual cell monitoring...

Now that would be a real surprise. But i can bet my whole life savings and say - it wont have that. It simply can't be done.. :efee8319ab:

I'm also eyeing this one. That fat tire alone would be worth of a upgrade to me. But sadly it has not so good handle, so it's 50/50.. I want it, but same time i know it isn't perfect for my daily needs.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Funky said:

But sadly it has not so good handle, so it's 50/50.. I want it, but same time i know it isn't perfect for my daily needs.

I'm right there with you, Funky.
I really wish it had a centered carry handle with a kill switch!
But, the market is seriously lacking in the lightweight space, so I guess this is what I'm getting for now if I want suspension.
It's not perfect, but I'm sure it will still be a heck of a lot of fun to ride :)

I'm also keeping an eye out for the Inmotion V18, E25 and P6 coming later this year (hopefully). Maybe Inmotion or Leaperkim can make a more "ideal" small wheel in the next year or two...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, theDirtyMagician said:

I'm right there with you, Funky.
I really wish it had a centered carry handle with a kill switch!
But, the market is seriously lacking in the lightweight space, so I guess this is what I'm getting for now if I want suspension.
It's not perfect, but I'm sure it will still be a heck of a lot of fun to ride :)

I'm also keeping an eye out for the Inmotion V18, E25 and P6 coming later this year (hopefully). Maybe Inmotion or Leaperkim can make a more "ideal" small wheel in the next year or two...

I'm not in a hurry to buy anyways. If i'm gonna buy a wheel, it will be 3rd/4th batch. So half a year later at least. :D Can't say much about fun part, as i'm using mine mostly for commuting to work. 18xl is fine.. But i want something NEW also! At least with stronger axle i could start shredding gravel roads/potholes.. (Suspension also would help out absorbing all those small shock/impacts.) On 18xl i'm riding biting my teeth - hoping i don't break/bend axle going over any bump.. :efeeab781c:   

Edited by Funky

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Funky said:

I'm not in a hurry to buy anyways. If i'm gonna buy a wheel, it will be 3rd/4th batch. So half a year later at least. :D Can't say much about fun part, as i'm using mine mostly for commuting to work. 18xl is fine.. But i want something NEW also! At least with stronger axle i could start shredding gravel roads/potholes.. (Suspension also would help out absorbing all those small shock/impacts.) On 18xl i'm riding biting my teeth - hoping i don't break/bend axle going over any bump.. :efeeab781c:   

Im always surprised when i hear someone stating intent to buy batch 3-4. Is there even a batch 4 for any wheel... Are people currently buying batch 4 t4 or s22 for example.. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Im always surprised when i hear someone stating intent to buy batch 3-4. Is there even a batch 4 for any wheel... Are people currently buying batch 4 t4 or s22 for example.. 

Well, the V11 has been out for a while. Don't know what the latest batch is, but it got to be more than 4 by now. This is not to say there were changes made in the last few batches.

4 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Yes plenty of people are buying current batch T4s, they're just not posting about it all over social media like the people who buy 3x $4000 wheels a year.

Especially with current wheel manufactures needing multiple batches because they use the general public to QC test their wheels, it's a good idea to wait a while and buy later batches after they've fixed most of the glaring issues which shouldn't have left the factory in the first place.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

The manufacturers don’t know anything about these batches. There might be an initial test run and then just production. Batch numbers are all in our heads. People confuse first batch to mean there will be numbered batches and they can figure it out from some code. It’s like someone playing third person shooters and then wants to upgrade to fourth person shooter games. Or how the term “first world” came to be. 

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

The manufacturers don’t know anything about these batches. There might be an initial test run and then just production. Batch numbers are all in our heads. People confuse first batch to mean there will be numbered batches and they can figure it out from some code. It’s like someone playing third person shooters and then wants to upgrade to fourth person shooter games. Or how the term “first world” came to be. 

The analogy is confusing, a third person shooter refers to the position of the virtual camera being outside of the player, where as first person is inside the player, like a first vs third person narrative being from the characters perspective vs a more objective perspective. How are changes in batches of products that happen to address problems that become apparent in the wheels analogues to this?

59 minutes ago, Oliver Gould said:

How are changes in batches of products that happen to address problems that become apparent in the wheels analogues to this?

The point being that existence of a serial number in usage doesn't always mean you can expect there to be more in the series. The term "first batch" and advice not buy a "first batch wheel" are fine in themselves. But it doesn't mean there are actual batch numbers (at least that are in any way relevant to us users). You could also say that don't buy early production before users have found out flaws and they have been fixed. Discussion here about 3rd or 4th batch is completely irrelevant as there's no way of knowing a batch number or if there's even batch numbers in use. At least Leaperkim has confirmed they don't know about batch numbers and I remember discussing this with someone from Inmotion also. I know batches are used in manufacturing but I don't know if EUC makers use them. And if they do, we don't know anything about them. For all I know, they just assemble wheels as much as there are orders and if they send out a flaw in manufacturing, they might change something. It usually is a bad item from subcontractor and then they find a better one and start incorporating it in production. There's no available information about batches. The best way to determine if a model is reliable is manufacturing date. Or just wait 6 months after introduction and see if buyers of later units report flaws. Discussing batch numbers has never resulted in any confirmed information. (Some could use batch numbers to refer e.g. KS S20->S22 with unpinned motor -> S22 with new motor -> S22 Pro etc. But these are not any official batch numbers)

Batches make sense in the beginning when supply is not enough to meet demand and they have to send them out in first or second batch to meet demand, after that manufacturing dates makes more sense.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

T4 has even V5 now..(If i'm not mistaken.) Also T4 pro.

And? I bought my 18xl in 2021 year. And it was released when.. Why would i buy any just released wheel that may, or may not have unseen issue. Like S22 motor slippage, etc.. Don't get me wrong i would love to buy just released wheel - not needing to wait 2/3/4 batch to get those small/big issues fixed. But i simply want good product right out of box. Not after 1/2 months and fixing things that should have been fixed in first place. (Spending time/money..)

If only EUC's where 100% working like they should out of box..(At release) That would be dream. I simply don't want to risk it.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Really.. My 18xl at start had that black(brittle) inner shell, that got exchanged later to white one.. Sometime later even that white shell got updated again. (Making the screw holders "bulkier". Then it got motor upgrade from 2000W to 2200W. At some point the handle was updated also lift switches..

It has had many, many updates over the years! Some people call that batches. I'm talking more about Updated things - not just fresh release of same wheel without any changes. (Like keeping same design with problematic issue without fixing it in later batch.) 

If wheel gets released and 1-2 months later people have found an issue.. And manufacturers don't fix that issue in later batches/releases.. I would never buy that wheel. (Especially if that issue that got found is mayor issue!)

Open the wheel and check the problematic issue.. Easy to find out if it's old problematic batch.. Or newer/fixed one. If dealer says it's one of the newer ones.. And you buy it and check at home for the issue. Resulting in founding out that it's the problematic release/batch - return the wheel.. Heck you don't need to even ask. Simply buy the wheel and check yourself for the issue. Next day return the wheel, if need be..

Edited by Funky

16 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

Please don’t post only a facebook link without context, content and description. If the video doesn’t exist elsewhere, at least write a description of what is found behind the link. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Please don’t post only a facebook link without context, content and description. If the video doesn’t exist elsewhere, at least write a description of what is found behind the link. 

Hey.. Some folks like surprises. :efee8319ab:

Spoiler

surprise-pop-art-word_175838-692.jpg

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2024 at 2:18 PM, theDirtyMagician said:

I'm also keeping an eye out for the Inmotion ... E25

I fear the E25 will be a bigger and more powerful version of that weird E20 dual-wheel abomination...

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Funky said:

giphy.gif

why not? Someone at inmotion, perhaps a financial prophet has figured out, that profit is proportional with numbers of wheels sold, in this analogy their next product will have 3 wheels pr. unit 😁

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Robse said:

why not? Someone at inmotion, perhaps a financial prophet has figured out, that profit is proportional with numbers of wheels sold, in this analogy their next product will have 3 wheels pr. unit 😁

Yup

E30: 

image.png.0ab268f889fa29610aab7b610d742f36.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2