2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

59 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I think asking £1400 (USD1743,EUR1639,CAD2408,AUD2714) is way too high for what it is. The price of batteries has gone down over the years, and China has no inflation issues. Plus its a lot smaller wheel/motor. Greedy much?

Considering that the MCM5v2 cost $1350 just two years ago, it doesn't seem so bad. But, I agree it's time to reverse the pandemic inflation.

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I think asking £1400 (USD1743,EUR1639,CAD2408,AUD2714) is way too high for what it is. The price of batteries has gone down over the years, and China has no inflation issues. Plus its a lot smaller wheel/motor. Greedy much?

I've been following this thread, sort of from the sideline, and now that the price has come out I don't understand anything at all. What does this wheel have to offer that you can't already get on a KS16X? Is it because many now believe that without suspension you cannot ride? Or is it just the usual suicidal desire to have more things and gizmos that can tease and make life difficult?  Is it because it is heavier? Or that the wheel is smaller and that the range is shorter and the battery weaker, and the handle is useless? Please enlighten me.

Edited by Robse
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Esash said:

Might be squirrely at 15" tire diameter, but we'll find out.

It's actually 1cm bigger than 16x2.125". Yeah it is squirrely, but one can get used to it after some time - week or two.

8 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

Even if you mod a handle in the center won't you find it unsatisfying that it obstructs the screen?

Are you looking at the screen while riding? Sure you can pop a eye to see the speed. Useful info. But day to day - not needed and can be lived without.

10 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

@Funky This would be a super easy fix, to just make your own. Within a few hours you could have something elegant and functional. And never have to complain again.

And who will sponsor me? I don't really wanna pay 20-50k for single new stylish unit. Not a Frankenstein wheel put together with different parts. (I actually looked into that. Hardest part is getting the case - that would hold everything together.) And i'm not complaining.. I'm just calling out BULLSHIT that we are getting.

10 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Looking forward to the day when I open this forum and see a post from funky saying how happy you are with your dream wheel.  You’re the goldilocks of eucs now. Riding the perfect wheel on your way to work. Even riding an extra km or so. Not because you have to, but because somewhere inside, you actually enjoy it……..

You're asking to much from me.. The one who hates life itself... So me being actually happy - now that's an actual dream.

Sure it was fun first year or so.. Now, not really. (Got bored, same as with life.) But it beats riding E-Scooter that's for sure!!! I can agree it's more fun in that part. But going for ride, just for "ride" sake. No thanks. In first year i was going for 25-50km rides once a week or so. Now after work i'm beat and wanna just do nothing.

Enjoyment isn't in my programing anymore. Only endless misery. :( 

Edited by Funky

Are they leaving that "locking latch" for trolley handle??? It's blocking back light and is yet another afterthought! :facepalm: Do i need to say anything more.. Just stupid and that's that.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

You're asking to much from me.. The one who hates life itself... So me being actually happy - now that's an actual dream.

Sure it was fun first year or so.. Now, not really. (Got bored, same as with life.) But it beats riding E-Scooter that's for sure!!! I can agree it's more fun in that part. But going for ride, just for "ride" sake. No thanks. In first year i was going for 25-50km rides once a week or so. Now after work i'm beat and wanna just do nothing.

Enjoyment isn't in my programing anymore. Only endless misery. :( 

This is not an attack:

For a long time, you've been saying many things based around the same theme. 

From well founded sources, research 'Anhedonia' and its causes. It will explain everything you are experiencing and writing about. I will not elaborate here. 

If, as you state, "being actually happy - now that's an actual dream", is something you wish for; I would strongly suggest you consult with an experienced doctor, and mention the above. 

Your early posts on this forum were filled with enthusiasm. It's not that riding just 'got boring', trust me.

I'm not writing this lightly, I hope you do not take it lightly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

This is not an attack:

For a long time, you've been saying many things based around the same theme. 

From well founded sources, research 'Anhedonia' and its causes. It will explain everything you are experiencing and writing about. I will not elaborate here. 

If, as you state, "being actually happy - now that's an actual dream", is something you wish for; I would strongly suggest you consult with an experienced doctor, and mention the above. 

Your early posts on this forum were filled with enthusiasm. It's not that riding just 'got boring', trust me.

I'm not writing this lightly, I hope you do not take it lightly. 

Useless post ahead. @Funky haters can skip.

Spoiler

At start i wasn't simply showing my true colors.. I was more or less acting good, nice, etc.. That everyone wanna see and so on. Aka fake mask. Now this is real me..

Sure i laugh & smile same way as everyone else does. I show emotions and such. But same time i could care less.

I'm simply dead inside. Seeing a doctor and some pills won't fix my viewpoint, work, life, mind. Sure i wish to be happy,(everyone does..) but same time i'm given up.

But who cares. Also maybe all this is just an act and i'm edgy edge-lord. :D But for real i'm simply sick and tired of everything.

Doh good news: I correspond with everything. What do i win now? (I had fun answering the questions doh.. Does it count? Duck i had fun.. I messed up!!!) 

• Decreased ability to experience interpersonal pleasure - Yes
  • Social withdrawal/isolation - Yes, i hate people. But i don't show that in real life.
  • Decreased capacity for social contact and interaction - Defiantly Yes. Same time if you talk to me - i'm gonna talk to you.
  • Lack of close friends and intimate relationships, and decreased quality of those relationships - What are those?
  • Poor social adjustment - I give no ducks.
  • Decreased positive affect - Yes
  • Flat affect - Emm - Fake mask?
  • Depressed mood - Always
  • State-related anxiety - Yes

Edited by Funky

5 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Well you're obviously seeking some kind of connection since you are posting here everyday so you can't have given up even if you say so to yourself.

This is not the right place and no place for me or other strangers to analyze you but you're just human with human needs that you need fulfilled and having them fullfilled makes a huge difference for ones well being.

Seeking professional help could be a game changer even if you don't think so, I'm not talking about medicine I'm talking about someone that you can talk to that will understand based on experience and give you life proven tools in form of ideas and way of thinking that you can use and apply to yourself to make your life easier, but that all have to start with you.

Vitamin D supplementation at high doses like 1500 IU per day goes a long long way this time of year. 5-6 months of sun deprivation and Vitamin D deficiency.

But when you're depressed especially this time of year it's hard to think straight and hard to think it won't always be just as depressing as it is now.

23 minutes ago, Esash said:

Vitamin D supplementation at high doses like 1500 IU per day goes a long long way this time of year. 5-6 months of sun deprivation and Vitamin D deficiency.

But when you're depressed especially this time of year it's hard to think straight and hard to think it won't always be just as depressing as it is now.

More like 11 months of sun deprivation and 2 dozen years of depression. :D (~+1 dozen in school years.)

I'm not an outdoorsy guy.. Maybe once in a while i go for a swim in summer. And ride by beach in swim trunks.

31 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Well you're obviously seeking some kind of connection since you are posting here everyday so you can't have given up even if you say so to yourself.

Meh looking back only reason i joined - was because i was choosing between 18xl and 16x euc and asked some questions.. Looking back i probably should have not asked and simply bought euc and never talked about them again... 

I simply have nothing better to do. :efefb6a84e:

Edited by Funky

4 minutes ago, Funky said:

You tell yourself that but with a post count over four thousand it's pretty telling that you seek some kind of connection with other people and not just a way to pass your time which is perfectly normal.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

More like 11 months of sun deprivation and 2 dozen years of depression. :D (~+1 dozen in school years.)

I'm not an outdoorsy guy.. Maybe once in a while i go for a swim in summer. And ride by beach in swim trunks.

Meh looking back only reason i joined - was because i was choosing between 18xl and 16x euc and asked some questions.. Looking back i probably should have not asked and simply bought euc and never talked about them again... 

well, you can believe it or not, and even if as you write, you don't like other people, but someone here likes you as a person, even if someone has never seen you in reality, and that is based solely on in the way you write and express yourself.  Someone here could well be the signatory to this message :thumbup:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robse said:

I've been following this thread, sort of from the sideline, and now that the price has come out I don't understand anything at all. What does this wheel have to offer that you can't already get on a KS16X? Is it because many now believe that without suspension you cannot ride? Or is it just the usual suicidal desire to have more things and gizmos that can tease and make life difficult?  Is it because it is heavier? Or that the wheel is smaller and that the range is shorter and the battery weaker, and the handle is useless? Please enlighten me.

For me, the appeal is the promise of the Falcon being an MCM5 with suspension - and a wider tire. Several MCM5 owners cut their shells just to put a wider tire on it. There is a whole topic on it, in fact.

The Falcon has that and more in a much better package: the MCM5 shell is dated, dorky-looking, and fragile, whereas the Falcon looks modern, more durable, and has leg pads as standard.

Although I have never tried an S16, I am skeptical it will match a Begode wheel in terms of acceleration, top speed, and fun, but I could be wrong.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

well, you can believe it or not, and even if as you write, you don't like other people, but someone here likes you as a person, even if someone has never seen you in reality, and that is based solely on in the way you write and express yourself.  Someone here could well be the signatory to this message :thumbup:

I used to think Funky was a negative nancy who couldn't afford a new wheel and was just making excuses for why he hated every new wheel, but now I understand his commuter situation and his weight and I think he really does have the perfect wheel for his purpose after all.

Maybe because I just got a Kingsong KS16S which is the little uncle of his sweet KS18XL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, litewave said:

Considering that the MCM5v2 cost $1350 just two years ago, it doesn't seem so bad.

I guess. Seeing the A2 selling for £850 (USD1060) at £600 (USD748) less was what made me think it was too high despite the slight differences in voltage, battery and capacity. The price could easily change anyway. Still a nice wheel (once it has a proper handle in the middle) and no blue light on the back- seriously guys I thought we talked about this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welp, its even worse than I thought. On the bright side: the mounting points may allow for a proper handle to be attached to it, maybe even replace the trolley with one that has a center handle on it, but then wiring a lift switch would be a whole other issue. They really, really should redesign this part of the wheel, and release the thing right.

Edited by MadVlad
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Esash said:

I used to think Funky was a negative nancy who couldn't afford a new wheel and was just making excuses for why he hated every new wheel, but now I understand his commuter situation and his weight and I think he really does have the perfect wheel for his purpose after all.

Maybe because I just got a Kingsong KS16S which is the little uncle of his sweet KS18XL.

Nah - i simply have very "niche" requirements from the wheel. Like having centered handle - how bizarre is that right? :D Wtf? Also having solid axle and being waterproof and being around 20kg. See how i didn't mention speed, or battery size, or voltage of the wheel? Because i don't care about those..

I'm ready to pay 2500$ for this. Because wheel in 20kg weight will not have big battery - meaning cost will be lower around 1500-2000$.

Edited by Funky

46 minutes ago, JakeAceBlade said:

This prototype seems to still be using the 1000W motor. I'm starting to think the 1500W motor spec sheet on the AliExpress stores are B.S.

What's weird is that I'm pretty sure I saw Ewheels web site listing the A2 and MTen4 motors as being 1500W, which I'm pretty sure is not true at all.

So far there's not any convincing evidence that the Falcon will have a real 1500W motor. Just an A2 with suspension and a higher voltage, maybe.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the fun factor goes down quite a bit, just like with the snoozer of a wheel that is the A2

5 minutes ago, Esash said:

Maybe they're planning to release a Falcon Pro with 1500W motor after everybody buys the Falcon...

that would be truly Begodish style 😁

1 hour ago, Esash said:

This prototype seems to still be using the 1000W motor. I'm starting to think the 1500W motor spec sheet on the AliExpress stores are B.S.

That nominal wattage spec is just whatever they print on it.