2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yes, but Begode, so don't attack until batch 3 ;)

Even if i would buy Falcon, or any wheel in general - i would wait at least 6 moths before buying that new wheel. Watch some videos, read up what people say about it, etc..

I don't like to spend money, but when i do - go big or go home.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

It will sure be interesting to see whether they have sacrificed range or robustness / crash resistance to make that sort of weight saving...

13 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

It will sure be interesting to see whether they have sacrificed range or robustness / crash resistance to make that sort of weight saving...

That would be crazy to have Master at 23-25kg weight.. I personally would be okay with half of it's battery.. (What Wh battery Master had? Size?)

Edited by Funky

Yeah just watched.. There simply is no way it can be ~25kg.. Even with all plastic build. Maybe, just maybe if they make battery 2x smaller around 1200Wh.. (If nothing else they probably gonna use Falcon 900Wh battery then.. Instead of making new batteries.)

IDK is it possible to get 134V with 900-1200Wh battery? What setup would that be..

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Which vid? Was the weight being talked about in that vid?

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the vid. 

A master is 37-38kg and so if a Blitz is 28kg that's be nice for 134v. 

27 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

hmm, the new Aubsome short has squeaks going down stairs.:wacko:

Do you not know how WOOD works?

• Spoiler

glen-quagmire-giggity.gif

Edited by Funky

5 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the vid. 

A master is 37-38kg and so if a Blitz is 28kg that's be nice for 134v. 

Master with metal battery boxes is more like 42kg.. heavier than a Lynx.

46 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Master with metal battery boxes is more like 42kg.. heavier than a Lynx.

Meh.. Here i thought it will be under 25kg.. 28/30/32/42kg makes no difference to me, as they all are the same for me. (Heavy class wheel)

The T4 is a nice wheel but at 30kg they didn't use their exciting tech (C38, 134v) and its configuration is mostly offroad with high pedals.

I'd be ok with 30kg for something with a lower pedal option and 134v. I'd hope for a lower weight but as long as the safety headroom is there (unlike S18, V11) it'll be the most powerful suspension wheel in its weight class. = good.

16 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I wouldn't buy this wheel if I was bigger >80Kgs. It is underpowered compared to the competition. Unless you really only go 20 miles in a day max , accelerate sedately and rarely travel faster than 20Mph. Then it would be ok.

I think every wheel below 1000 wh will be underpowered compared to bigger counterparts because of Basic battery physics. Even through samsung 50s claims 3-5C discharge, but it is NOT possible through full discharge cycle. 

I am curious about low-speed torque and daily practicality. Something to be onewheel form-factor alternative.  Power means very little to me - 1 kw could be enough if motor has the correct specs. When driving s18 with mine 90 kg - there is a driver skill factor, you can ride any EUC as a heavy rider if you can manage your expectations. 

At the end people don't buy that small euc for racing. Powerful and heavy motors with result in crapy mileage, and inefficiency at low speeds and while momentum changes.   

I would like to see magnesium / carbon fiber and another fancy material at those small EUCs to make them as light as possible for daily use.
I would love to see fastcharging bidirectional USB-C
I would love to see Fastswaping bateries - I can imagine two 450wh packs in parallel as in power tools
I would love to see proper trolley, stiff enough to lift EUC one-handed

Since s18 have little value on used market seems to me is better to keep it and wait for another revision/model.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My 280lbs heavy ass have ridden 840Wh/1200W KS16S without any problems.. And my 18xl doesn't make any alarms ever. Only time to time i hear speed alarm. No overpower and such alarms. OFC if i do superman lean and try going fast as possible (pulling 3000-4000W), Then i can trigger that alarm very easily. All one needs to do is simply start falling on your face... (When i was testing my wheel and wanted to trigger that alarm.) 

But on daily commute and what not - my average power is around 600W. Max 1700-1900W at one point. At fun rides often hitting ~2700W. But i imagine it's mostly to do with braking/accelerating faster than regularly..

Yup - Any wheel can be ridden at any weight. One just needs self-control.. And be mindful about said wheel limits.

6 hours ago, Funky said:

My 280lbs heavy ass have ridden 840Wh/1200W KS16S without any problems.. And my 18xl doesn't make any alarms ever. Only time to time i hear speed alarm. No overpower and such alarms. OFC if i do superman lean and try going fast as possible (pulling 3000-4000W), Then i can trigger that alarm very easily. All one needs to do is simply start falling on your face... (When i was testing my wheel and wanted to trigger that alarm.) 

But on daily commute and what not - my average power is around 600W. Max 1700-1900W at one point. At fun rides often hitting ~2700W. But i imagine it's mostly to do with braking/accelerating faster than regularly..

Yup - Any wheel can be ridden at any weight. One just needs self-control.. And be mindful about said wheel limits.

I'm still not super comfortable on the squirrely KS16S. Think I saw you commenting that you might have your eye on buying one, but I'd just recommend you test drive it again before you buy one. If you only lived a mile or less from the train I'd say go for it. I can't even imagine how squirrely this thing will be on the snow and ice.

9 minutes ago, Esash said:

I'm still not super comfortable on the squirrely KS16S. Think I saw you commenting that you might have your eye on buying one, but I'd just recommend you test drive it again before you buy one. If you only lived a mile or less from the train I'd say go for it. I can't even imagine how squirrely this thing will be on the snow and ice.

Studded tire in winter. Another reason why i'm watching Falcon - it has that amazing M/C tire. Get real knobby and stud the hell out of it. (It also has proper rim for it..)

My commute is 5km (~2km one way. Train in middle.) I can test ride KS16S any day i want. :D I would only buy it, if my 18xl ever broke down and repair cost would be to high.. (Like 2x new batteries = ks16s price.)

Edited by Funky

11 minutes ago, Funky said:

Studded tire in winter. Another reason why i'm watching Falcon - it has that amazing M/C tire. Get real knobby and stud the hell out of it. (It also has proper rim for it..)

My commute is 5km (~2km one way. Train in middle.) I can test ride KS16S any day i want. :D I would only buy it, if my 18xl ever broke down and repair cost would be to high.. (Like 2x new batteries = ks16s price.)

Must be nice to live near a brick and mortar EUC store! 2km one way isn't bad but I just had to warn you I guess. And a used KS16S like I got does make a nice second wheel to mix things up.

What i meant is my dad owns one.. But yeah, i got EUC store 30km away in big city. It's great to be available to check out wheels in life and try carrying/lifting, powering it on, etc.. 100% will do that with Falcon. I can guarantee i will hate it's handle, but maybe, just maybe i will be greatly surprised.. (Or wait till there be aftermarket handles, with built in lift switch button.. I won't be buying first/second batch anyways.)

On 4/21/2024 at 1:43 AM, Esash said:

Well, there goes any interest I might have had in the Falcon (and honestly, the T4 as well). Those overpower tests were disappointing. I was looking at getting a lighter, zippier wheel but there's no point if the wheel will drop me.

Begode really needs to stick a full-sized controller in these wheels. I guess that'll increase the price, but what's the point of putting 50S cells in if the controller is underwhelming? As the video quite rightly states, the motors should be fully capable of providing enough torque if the motherboards could supply the current, they'll just get hotter (and only if the user is regularly pushing the wheel that hard).

I suppose these sorts of wheels really are just designed for a lower market segment, so they take the excuse to cheap out on the controller and fatten those margins a bit :'(

I'm probably applying an unfair standard - I want these wheels to be enthusiast-class with the same torque as eg. my master, which is for all practical purposes impossible to overpower..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

Dang. I'm a little concerned about the power now. That said, I'm not looking to take it on black diamond trails or anything. I really just want something exactly like this, with a knobby tire, for doing some rougher trails (like dirt instead of crushed stone or pavement) and grass or soft ground. So I'm thinking the Falcon will still fit that bill. Dang, wish I could try one out for a couple weeks. I'd really like to order it and have it ready for all the stuff I'm doing this summer though.

• Like 3