2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

Great. Then my local shop should also have it in due time.. As I'm not in a hurry to get first/second/third batch wheel anyways. So in about a year they should have it. :)  

If not, one can always order it true some online websites. Even directly from China. :D 

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Great. Then my local shop should also have it in due time.. As I'm not in a hurry to get first/second/third batch wheel anyways. So in about a year they should have it. :)  

If there are enough European riders wanting the same spec'd wheel that isn't in the market, shouldn't they and a distributor/dealer in Europe special order it from Begode? That should be a win-win for everyone involved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

If there are enough European riders wanting the same spec'd wheel that isn't in the market, shouldn't they and a distributor/dealer in Europe special order it from Begode? That should be a win-win for everyone involved.

Do you think we have enough people who wanna do shit firstly? Especially small/low spec wheels? And secondly for people who choose these small and low specked wheels - do you think we know that we could build our own wheel, if we have enough people? This is fist time hearing something like this for me personally.. Your average JOE who isn't on this forum, or don't watch YouTube videos about EUC's in general would never know this.

Knowing people nature and not wanting to do shit in first place.. It's more or less a pipe dream. And again your average JOE would not wanna join our cause anyways.

And who would have enough money for a special order.. My local shop for sure will not have, because i have seen only some riders in wild, less than 10 in past 4 years. And in winter time i have seen ZERO riders. Even zero scooters.. And in summer have seen only teslas, ks14/16, small wheels in general. Because we can't ride on streets here in first place and going on sidewalks we are allowed to go about 25km/h, but we usually go faster. At least i do. When no-one is around. Also range wise our cities are very small, 50km range are enough.

Edited by Funky

On 2/12/2024 at 8:02 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Just US exclusive, any European Dealer can order the Falcon, once it's ready to go.

So the Australian distributor is mistaken? Or does Begode regard Australia as part of the US? (The CCP has called Australia the USA's lap dog)

Looks very promising, but it seems like they really could/should bring the weight down and they really could/should add a carry handle since this isnt a "sitting" wheel anyway. They are very close to having the right combination of weight/features/price, very close.

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:20 PM, MadVlad said:

Looks very promising, but it seems like they really could/should bring the weight down and they really could/should add a carry handle since this isnt a "sitting" wheel anyway. They are very close to having the right combination of weight/features/price, very close.

For around town I kind of like the old RockWheel GT16 concept. ~1000wh, 2000W motor, 17.6kg and simple design with carry handle. Just needed a cleaner shell design without the uncomfortable bumps on the side panels and holes everywhere up top showing wires and letting water in. Put on a larger tire, couple of extra cells in each pack ( there was room in the shell) and you'd have a 100V 19kg wheel with ~1200wh battery, 2200W motor and small form factor. Perfect for around town.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DavidB said:

For around town I kind of like the old RockWheel GT16 concept. ~1000wh, 2000W motor, 17.6kg and simple design with carry handle. Just needed a cleaner shell design without the uncomfortable bumps on the side panels and holes everywhere up top showing wires and letting water in. Put on a larger tire, couple of extra cells in each pack ( there was room in the shell) and you'd have a 100V 19kg wheel with ~1200wh battery, 2200W motor and small form factor. Perfect for around town.

Fair enough, a suspension does add a bit of weight, my personal wheels I picked specifically for being portable while still being able to handle my size/weight. I would say that the V8S is almost a perfect non-suspension wheel for a lot of town tasks. The Eagle to be is a good step to getting Tesla V2/V3 power in a basic suspension wheel, yes its a bit heavy for portability, but its small, and its likely to be a smooth ride. If you just want a town wheel without suspension then a V8/V10 are hard to beat, they were some of Inmotion's best designs I think.

More or less - delete the suspension. Add carry/trolley handle and make it weight 20kg instead of 25kg.. (25kg is way to heavy for small wheel. It's not our fault you wanted to make it all metal.. Small wheel don't need all metal build in my mind. Plastic is fine..)

And you have a WINNER!!!! 

Or if you can keep it at 20kg with suspension, sure you can add it..

9 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Sometimes, the most hardcore riders aren't those who should advise business trends. Removing the suspension would be a marketing mistake. Non suspension wheels are outdated and a thing of the past. The mass market would much prefer a wheel with suspension than without... And that's why the Falcon is interesting. 

Sometimes, the most hardcore riders aren't those who should advise business trends.
Big, heavy, powerful wheels with suspension are only ridden by recreational enthusiasts.
The mass market would much prefer a lightweight micromobility wheel that can integrate conveniently into daily life.

Apparently, we have different definitions of mass market.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Sometimes, the most hardcore riders aren't those who should advise business trends.
Big, heavy, powerful wheels with suspension are only ridden by recreational enthusiasts.
The mass market would much prefer a lightweight micromobility wheel that can integrate conveniently into daily life.

Apparently, we have different definitions of mass market.

Yes we do. My definition is the business friendly one that sells, yours is one of outdated trends that answers your niche needs. I talk about economics coldly without emotion. I was just referring to the suspension part, not battery size or euc weight. Daily commuter wants comfort. I didn't see the A2 being a banger, i do see the falcon selling if the price is right.  Suspension is a must in a wheel, at any size. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Yes we do. My definition is the business friendly one that sells, yours is one of outdated trends that answers your niche needs. I talk about economics coldly without emotion. I was just referring to the suspension part, not battery size or euc weight. Daily commuter wants comfort. I didn't see the A2 being a banger, i do see the falcon selling if the price is right.  Let's see how it goes. 

Street riders vs Sidewalk riders..

Some place street riding is banned by default. And you are allowed to ride only on bike lanes or sidewalks. As @Asphalt correctly said small and light model in Europe would be the way to go. Simply because our cities are smaller.

Compared to USA where you ride on street and can do so endlessly. That's why people enjoy bigger wheels that offer longer ranges and speed. And if one doesn't need to carry said wheel EVER.. Big wheel is the winner! I also would buy top notch wheel, if i didn't need to carry my wheel.

But for people who uses these things as last mile devices or shorter commutes to work, around city/neighborhood - we don't really need those big wheels. And would prefer lighter wheel if there is need to carry it daily.

Some like to ride all day - again big wheels comes in mind. For some something in V5/8, KS14/16, Tesla performance is enough.

People who use these wheels more like a hobby. People who uses these wheels as a daily transportation. 

Two completely separate groups. Of course the first one will be lauder.. The one who rides big heavy wheels and make Youtube videos about them. No-One want's to watch slow small wheels on youtube.. But that's the thing. We don't need to watch or talk about small wheels. Because that group of user simply ride. They don't watch EUC videos or talk about EUC's. They don't own dozen wheels and are happy riding one wheel.

Same thing like super crazy E-Scooters vs something like ninebot max g30.. Two completely separate groups of riders.

Yes i ALSO like Falcon - as it's small and seem very powerful for what it is. But again it could have been lighter... As for suspension - i would prefer wheel without one simply for a fact that suspension will break someday. By not having it - there is nothing to break in firs place.

But same time i know suspension is the BEST thing made on EUC's. But same time i know there are different people and people like the option of choices. I for one have ZERO options - if i wanted to buy new wheel right now. (Have been looking for new wheel past year or so..) Only option is to buy old wheel or a 30kg+ wheel. No thanks.

I'm one of those who almost bought A2. But the top cover/carry handle. Detoured my desire of buying it. Also it didn't have trolley handle.

TL;DR - We need both, small wheels and big wheels..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Yes we do. My definition is the business friendly one that sells, yours is one of outdated trends that answers your niche needs. I talk about economics coldly without emotion.

Again apples/oranges seller and buyer that wants to buy oranges.. If seller is only selling apples, what does the buyer who wants to buy oranges do? They buy apples or wait till oranges are in market.

Heavy, big wheel - apples.

Small, light - oranges.

The market has way, way to many apples...

Your option seems that big heavy wheels sell well? How did you figure that? Maybe because they only offer apples and don't make/sell oranges in first place? Naturally apples will sell more as they are made more..

If market is full of one product and not the other - the one with more options and models will sell more... Nothing new there. I can't even count how many new big wheels we have had over past 4 years. But lighter and smaller wheels only 4. And 3 of them are JOKE of a wheel. (A2, Mten4 the clown wheel. KS-DumbBall. Mten4-Malnourished.) A2 is the only normal wheel released past 4 years.

53 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I was just referring to the suspension part, not battery size or euc weight. Daily commuter wants comfort. I didn't see the A2 being a banger, i do see the falcon selling if the price is right.  Let's see how it goes. 

I also agree suspension is the best thing that is made since EUC itself. But not everyone wants it.. People who don't want to open their wheel or do maintenance. Would prefer non-suspension wheels. I have no problem going in the wheel (Have been in motor itself few times changing bearings and fixing broken RGB wire..)

But i still would choose non-suspension one for it's simplicity. Also my commute being 5km round trip. I don't care for suspension. 2km ride one way is very short. I would take lighter wheel - but that's again my option. 

Doh 5km trips are very short, i should be fine riding two years before i should do any work on my suspension.. I personally have already concluded that my new wheel will have suspension - because manufacturers are making every single new wheel with it.. No option, if i want it or not.. I will have to use it..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Funky said:

No-One want's to watch slow small wheels on youtube..

Some videos of slower smaller wheels are great to watch if done well.

• Like 2

Just now, Paradox said:

Some videos of slower smaller wheels are great to watch if done well.

Just saying my point.. Speed. Stair riding. Jumping. Power = more views..

Sure small trick wheel are awesome to watch. 

I don't watch much either..

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Yes we do. My definition is the business friendly one that sells, yours is one of outdated trends that answers your niche needs. I talk about economics coldly without emotion. I was just referring to the suspension part, not battery size or euc weight. Daily commuter wants comfort. I didn't see the A2 being a banger, i do see the falcon selling if the price is right.  Let's see how it goes. 

Cambridge Dictionary definition:
A product that is designed for the mass market is intended to be bought by as many people as possible, not just by people with a lot of money or a special interest:
e.g. Advances in technology have made these cameras affordable to the mass market.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/mass-market

At a time when Honda was only interested in large powerful motorcycles to win the Isle of Man TT, his partner Fujisawa designed a small, lightweight, ergonomic motorcycle accessible to non-riders. That vehicle went on to be the most produced motor vehicle in history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Super_Cub 

• Like 2

Not that the last several posts haven't been interesting and most definitely relevant to the discussion: if you're waiting on more Falcon news ewheels is expecting the next prototype in a week or so, hopefully with suspension improvements and a carry handle included.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Dan Hillary said:

Not that the last several posts haven't been interesting and most definitely relevant to the discussion: if you're waiting on more Falcon news ewheels is expecting the next prototype in a week or so, hopefully with suspension improvements and a carry handle included.

Fingers crossed.

Can't wait. I regularly check YouTube for Falcon videos.. :D As i'm actually interested in it. 

Sad that it's 25kg heavy doh.. As i wanted my next wheel to be somewhere in ~20kg weight. And the finished wheel weight can be even higher.. At which point it's even heavier than my old wheel and the interest rate gone away. But if it's truly is 25kg and have good carry/trolley handle  - i see this wheel being a big upgrade and worth replacing my old wheel.

Edited by Funky

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Begode just released this new pic of the updated handle on the Falcon. It can be removed for weight saving, replacing the original rear telescopic design. Next prototype iteration is March 15th, with first production to take place about 2 weeks later, early April.

FalconHandleNewDesign.thumb.jpg.1a1ecfdd11e52cf2c80da07eefcc56cf.jpg

Interesting, I can work with this but definitely looking forward to seeing the unit😁

• Like 1

They do continue to impress me with the speed they react to feedback...

Only a few weeks ago people were whinging about how sharp and angular the CNC trolley handle was on the ET-Max, and already they have replaced it with a fully rounded one !

That render makes it a bit unclear whether the pads are detachable / repositionable or part of the chassis and fixed in place tho...

Edited by Cerbera

I see they still using those dumb pads..?

Two handed carry handle. :efeee20b79: Not really a fan of that. (Front/Back - Rail bar.) Why the F they can't make it ONE-HANDED carry handle.

People will not sit on this small thing. They got all that top cover to make awesome handle. But no - we will be getting that cheap plastic Sherman like trolley handle.

Yes to me not having one-handed carry handle is a deal breaker - because i'm one-hand user, not a two-hand user, while carrying it around! Will have to tie down a big tree branch from one rail to other rail - so i have a centered carry handle.. I just hope the trolley handle will be usable afterwards.

Back side trolley handle was better design. They just needed to add another solid handle at top for carrying.

Edited by Funky