Begode ET MAX Announcement

3 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

has 125mm in real. 

In that case thats pretty shit then. I mean seriously why are people paying upwards of 4K for these things. No wonder they give the option of locking out the suspension. Which seems stupid in itself but maybe the implementation is better than I imagine. Man this industry is so frustrating.

The HongKong price is £2288/2916USD (£2187/2765USD early bird) but I don't know what taxes they pay and what import duty we pay. So its hard to judge but I don't think any of these wheels are worth more than this. But its supply and demand that dictates the price. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

What’s wrong with 125mm of travel? That’s quite a lot.

Sorry, What I mean't was; its pretty shit that they have designed the wheel to give so little clearance to the bottom of the battery cases. The potential to hit the ground with 125mm of travel is very high as stated in a previous comment on this thread. 

• Like 1

With this much travel they did their best not making the wheel any taller by raising the battery boxes further. I doubt these preceived clearance issues are actually an issue. 

There is already 130mm kits for the master that work well but they do make the wheel super tall as well. Also they are expensive. 

https://houeuc.com/product/master-drop-131mm-shock-kit/

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 2

What surprises me more is that they have a design that mitigates this problem (albeit with some durability improvements desired) in the Extreme. The Extreme, S22, even the patton, lynx, and SS all have lower battery brackets that protrude as minimally as possible from beneath the pedals. Begode really only had to copy the homework so to speak, but instead they've gone with a completely new design likely to accommodate the extra series groups needed to reach 168V. I have a feeling this will be an oddly tall wheel that rides up past the rider's knees. That said, it might just be the fault of the renderings where begode is showing the wheel in a partially compressed state with the pedals in the highest position that might be making the protruding packs look worse than it is.

This is ninging's master with the 130mm travel kit at full compression, and the lowest part of the hangers never goes past the rim. I will hold my judgement until more people get their hands on this thing for a detailed look 

image.thumb.png.a3316af6592491b8f91ff003811e26d8.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

I have a feeling this will be an oddly tall wheel that rides up past the rider's knees. That said, it might just be the fault of the renderings where begode is showing the wheel in a partially compressed state with the pedals in the highest position that might be making the protruding packs look worse than it is.

Not much more than the Ex30 ~1" difference according to the measurements in the video on the previous page (9:25min), I think the pedals are in the mid position

53 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Is the ET MAX waterproof? 

What's interesting is how it looks inside afterwards. 😅

• Like 1

- Weight: @ 49.6kg
- Dimensions: L667xW337xH870
- Pedal height positions: 35, 45, 60mm 
- Claiming effective range of 210mm for suspension travel
- Max board temperature 90°C
- 12 gauge wire from battery packs 

Don't invest to much confidence in these ET Max dyno result: it's a start, numbers provided by Begode.  

"Max Effective Vs RPM @ contant Voltage 150V, Torque 40 Nm
Max. Speed 100km/h, RPM 1000, Input power 4950w, Output power 4150w; EFF. 84%.
Max. Torque 145N·m,  current 92A, not yet achieve extreme due to DC power only 100A Max. Max. Eff 75%, Contant RPM 580r/min."

ETMaxMotorDyno.thumb.jpg.80331ef27224b716e5b5bb22b32c8a44.jpg

ETMaxMotorDyno2.thumb.jpg.77fafa4cd11080a3956f2fc680005c2b.jpg

And the new 168V board: 

ETMaxController-Copy.thumb.jpg.48070ffc5e707ce98131a7903f1abb8c.jpg

Not the best image of the magnets/air-gap, from this angle there's a large space in there.

ETMaxMagnets.jpg.90a82184b23a8c6b2bbf1024558cb12a.jpg

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

ETMaxMagnets.jpg.90a82184b23a8c6b2bbf1024558cb12a.jpg

Look more like standard magnets as c38 - smaller air gap between pole and magnet would increase efficiency, but is pain for tolerances and assembly. 

When will they bring back the Msuper/RS line but without the plastic shells?

Low pedal height, possibly without suspension, MSuper battery position, retractable trolley handle in the rear, big visible front and rear light strips, BT speaker no longer needed because of top speeds.

That's what I'm waiting for...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

Low pedal height, possibly without suspension, MSuper battery position, retractable trolley handle in the rear, big visible front and rear light strips, BT speaker no longer needed because of top speeds.

ExtremeBull XM 

DB476115-125A-41EF-84DD-27243FEB36AF.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

ExtremeBull XM 

Good prices, do he have a store on some platform or is it all telegram?
He doesn't show EUCs on his web shop

You have an idea if he has some US/EU stock like some Ali sellers do?

Edited by null
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I wish the prototype 134v RS19 became a production unit, that was a sick little wheel.

7 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

ExtremeBull XM 

DB476115-125A-41EF-84DD-27243FEB36AF.jpeg

Too bad the original Commander was/is a flop of a wheel and kills itself with overheating issues, would've been a great MS/EX/RS replacement if it was a reliable wheel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

Too bad the original Commander was/is a flop of a wheel and kills itself with overheating issues, would've been a great MS/EX/RS replacement if it was a reliable wheel.

It seems it wasn't all that unreliable in the end, but the price really wasn't good enough compared to the Sherman.. At 1500$ we're talking though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, null said:

It seems it wasn't all that unreliable in the end, but the price really wasn't good enough compared to the Sherman.. At 1500$ we're talking though.

God damnit I was looking to get an EB Xmax last year but was having the hardest time finding a dealer that had them in the US. Was looking to upgrade to a commander pro. But That price is looking really good right now.

1 hour ago, null said:

From my, albeit limited, research many OG Commanders suffered heat problems are relied on aftermarket modding to run cool enough but then the wheel was completely open to water, dust and other elements making it barely usable.

7 hours ago, YCC said:

This is mainboard of ET max, what do you think?

IMG_0690.thumb.jpeg.e1b0d1a21deb269a43583099a8be6838.jpeg

Based on Begodes history and I hope I am wrong.

Connector. can't find any details on them.
GD HUAYUE
HY110 2+4F
maybe that's a 6 pin connector?

Looks like the right size for a custom MOLEX.
image.thumb.png.24d402730acf4118f76af0d12a8c69a1.png

• Like 1