On 1/24/2024 at 8:20 AM, YCC said:

This is mainboard of ET max, what do you think?

IMG_0690.thumb.jpeg.e1b0d1a21deb269a43583099a8be6838.jpeg

It looks like the charge board now has its own firmware, evidenced by the MCU on the PCB right above the lower left battery connector. It can be flashed using that 5-pin port right beneath the MCU, but not via the app, unless they have a data link between the charge board and main board somehow. This is similar to how the DC-DC board on the later revisions of 100V wheels had its own MCU and firmware, I actually worked with Begode once to fix the Monster Pro brake light issue (as shipped, the brake light only got brighter when braking while riding backwards, I don't think this was ever fixed before it was discontinued), we needed to use that 5-pin port to update the DC-DC board's firmware as that's where the LED pattern handling code lived. If Begode ever does release a new firmware for the charge board, you'd probably need to get an update chip shipped to you, similar to how we used to have to do things with the Sherman.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

TBQH I'm not a great fan of the Jawa sandcrawler looks, with the overhanging front, of the newer batch of wheels like the Inmotion V14 and this one... but after all as long as I am standig on it I dont see the wheel.

OIP.jpg

• Haha 1

Does the weight of EUC matter? Why some riders care so much, likewise, should I care the weight of motorcycle and sedan? 

Edited by YCC

12 minutes ago, YCC said:

Does the weight of EUC matter? Why some riders care so much

Some people have to carry their EUC up stairs. My building have a very bad architecture where I need to do 1,5 floors of stairs even when taking the lift. Some people don't have a lift at all. You are lucky not to have to do that because it is tiresome and bad for your back.

Edited by null
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Spec sheet dropped: 

ET-Max-Specs.thumb.jpg.3482dc11e074aaefda3a689a37efc05c.jpg

Incredibly heavy, holy moly. Keen to see the real-world top speed though :)

12 minutes ago, YCC said:

Does the weight of EUC matter? Why some riders care so much, likewise, should I care the weight of motorcycle and sedan? 

The weight of an EUC heavily effects the riding dynamics, same as a motorbike. And if you're taking your car to the track you definitely feel the weight of it as well, so yes it does matter across all vehicles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, null said:

Some people have to carry their EUC up stairs. My building have a very bad architecture where I need to do 1,5 floors of stairs even when taking the lift. Some people don't have a lift at all. You are lucky not to have to do that because it is tiresome and bad for your back.

You could buy this ladder mat as follow picture. It's like a bicycle track. Therefore, you are able to carry bicycle and big EUC as well.

IMG_0766.jpeg.ff430449d49414d93d223b5aa6a08ed0.jpeg

Edited by YCC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, YCC said:

You could buy this ladder mat as follow picture. It's like a bicycle track. Therefore, you are able to carry bicycle and big EUC as well.

IMG_0766.jpeg.ff430449d49414d93d223b5aa6a08ed0.jpeg

Even though this is a nice idea, in many cases (maybe even in most actually) it's not really feasible as an option - for example, you're living in a shared flat and need approval of all the residents, or the staircase (inside an apartment building) is narrow and it would leave too little space for regular people / the elderly to walk.

Or you're just renting a place and can't really install it... There's a lot of possibilities. Either way, I might actually use something like this, as it might be possible in my case - thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tomallo said:

Even though this is a nice idea, in many cases (maybe even in most actually) it's not really feasible as an option - for example, you're living in a shared flat and need approval of all the residents, or the staircase (inside an apartment building) is narrow and it would leave too little space for regular people / the elderly to walk.

You are mixing two different things together.

He is offering one possible alternative to those who are interested and have the permission to place those step ramps on the stairs.

There is no point talking about such devices if someone doesn't have stairs, or someone who are not allow to place such devices on steps.

2 hours ago, YCC said:

The riding dynamics of lighter EUCs is IMO way, way more pleasant. I'm pretty sure it's also just straight up superior in a practical sense - easier to accelerate and brake, more responsive, etc. On a heavy EUC you need more force to affect the balance and hence accelerate or brake.

Imagine an EUC which weighed almost nothing (extreme example) - the slightest shift of weight forward or back would cause an immediate torque response. An EUC which weighed a ton would be the opposite - you'd need to shift a lot of weight forward to get any significant acceleration at all. It stands to reason this would apply at weights inbetween. This is also borne out with my experience on Mten4, 16X and Master EUCs.

Lighter EUCs are also harder to damage and less likely to damage other things if you stack :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You are mixing two different things together.

He is offering one possible alternative to those who are interested and have the permission to place those step ramps on the stairs.

There is no point talking about such devices if someone doesn't have stairs, or someone who are not allow to place such devices on steps.

Sure, but

@YCC was responding to this comment:

2 hours ago, null said:

[...] My building have a very bad architecture where I need to do 1,5 floors of stairs even when taking the lift. [...]

I doubt that a building with a lift is entirely @null's private property, thus my two cents :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Does this wheel have the same wire disconnecting safety technology like the Lynx? I am referring to the technology where the wheel can still travel for some short period while beeping continuously to alert the rider to stop immediately. (There was a video about it.)

5 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Does this wheel have the same wire disconnecting safety technology like the Lynx? I am referring to the technology where the wheel can still travel for some short period while beeping continuously to alert the rider to stop immediately. (There was a video about it.)

yes

1 hour ago, Tomallo said:

I doubt that a building with a lift is entirely @null's private property, thus my two cents :)

Fair enough.

But @null would know. And @YCC has already made his post.

And if you are right, @null would simply ignore it.

I am not sure how your 2 cents is benefitting either one.  (But then it is a free world. So it is your prerogative to give your 2 cents.) :) 

Come to think of it, perhaps yours and mine are posts that didn't add value to the conversation.

Edited by techyiam

31 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Fair enough.

But @null would know. And @YCC has already made his post.

And if you are right, @null would simply ignore it.

I am not sure how your 2 cents is benefitting either one.  (But then it is a free world. So it is your prerogative to give your 2 cents.) :) 

Come to think of it, perhaps yours and mine are posts that didn't add value to the conversation.

Umm... Yeah, I'll just add that my response was mainly to agree with the position that smaller weight of an EUC (including the ET MAX) is beneficial, (very controversial, I know) and let's leave it at that 😅

I have some different point of view pertaining to the weight of EUC. For instance, I would like to buy a car, however, I do not have a garage or parking space or I rent a house without parking space. What should I do? I have to find a house with parking space or rent a house with garage. That is my solution. 

Therefore, I am of the opinion that we should not consider the weight of EUC since it is not a problem. The EUC is not built to be put in the car or take it to the stairs by manpower. The above occasion is not the occasion of purpose and benefit to build EUC. 

On the flip side, I agree with @Frolic0415 point that the weight may affect the agility of the riding. However, we should not care this point of effect. The reason is that I have to train my muscle first if I would like to ride a big EUC and be able to enjoy the benefit of big EUC (more range and more power).

In sum, I just would like to share my view pertaining to the weight of EUC and fairly to view this point. Additionally, I am not going to judge the preference and I accept the difference point of view about the weight of EUC. Likewise, someone who like small car, SUV, sedan, truck and sport car, and they have their reason of buying.

2 hours ago, YCC said:

Therefore, I am of the opinion that we should not consider the weight of EUC since it is not a problem. The EUC is not built to be put in the car or take it to the stairs by manpower. The above occasion is not the occasion of purpose and benefit to build EUC. 

For your own situation and use case, it is entirely up to you whether you care about weight or not.

For others with a different situation and use case, they may think and feel differently regarding the weight of an euc.

As for myself, I already have a T3 if I need a wheel that I can put inside a car. So basically, any new wheel I buy, I am not concerned with the weight of an euc from the lifting point of view.

Currently, I ride my V12, S22, and Abrams. In a single day, I may ride all three wheels. Since, I ride these wheels back-to-back, I can definitely tell a difference in how the weight affects how I feel about the way they ride. For all three wheels, I ride the exact same routes.

The V12, and the Abrams don't have suspension, but I prefer their riding dynamics over the S22. But the S22 is better over bumps though, and is a nice riding wheel.

Between the V12 and the Abrams, the V12 feels more like an extension of my body, whereas the Abrams feels like I am riding a motorised vehicle, ie. a small motorcycle. The Abrams feels more planted. Each wheel has its own pluses and minuses.

For me, weight does matter, but it is only one factor among many.

I enjoy riding all three of my wheels still.

I have relegated the T3 as a backup to a backup, a wheel to put into a car, or let others to learn to ride on it. The light weight helps in this case.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the suggestion @YCC. I have considered such a solution but as it is a shared building I can't leave it there permanently.

- It remains an option to make a ramp like you showed that I can install and take away each time I use it.
- Else there are trolleys made for stairs
- Else I can painstakingly roll the EBCP (my heaviest EUC) on the stairs.

None of these are really great sadly, and moving just for that isn't an option. 

All this being said EUCs don't necessarily have to be lifted, I agree with you there. Nobody think of lifting their motorcycle. Plenty of people have garages or proper lifts. It's cool that the Master pro exists for such people. But purely personally I hope to get as much EUC as possible within a weight that I can handle.

image.jpeg.777714e4f053384147db134e0dcb61c1.jpeg

7 hours ago, Tomallo said:

Indeed, if I had a private property with a lift I would have enough finance to solve this issue :D 

Edited by null
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, null said:

None of these are really great sadly, and moving just for that isn't an option. 

But is rolling your wheel up 1.5 floor of stairs that bad? Rolling down should be OK.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

But is rolling your wheel up 1.5 floor of stairs that bad? Rolling down should be OK.

It's not "that bad" luckily, but it is a bit slow and tedious. I can even just carry it both up and down in spite of it being 60% of my weight, but I feel my back isn't happy about it. There is really a big difference in lifting between the Shermans 35Kg and the EBCPs close to 45Kg on the scale. (for my medium build anyway).

I would "do it again" (getting a heavy EUC) but it clearly isn't as handy as the Sherman, and 45Kg seems really close to my upper limit.

My original post was mostly to answer YCC asking why anyone would care about the weight of EUCs.

Edited by null
  • Like 1