On 1/9/2024 at 10:52 AM, Rawnei said:

Capacitor falling off the motherboard is normal Begode quality.

It is normal for a capacitor to fail actually.  There is like 1,5 percent failure rate in those cost-effective caps. It is a double-edged sword there. More caps are cost-effective and thin, but harder to execute board design.  

I think they created for themselves new engineering challenge - if they don't test it thoroughly, imbalance between phases will destroy Fets in the long run.

Edited by daniel1234

On 1/8/2024 at 11:55 PM, BleepBloopBlop said:

Not with 5ah 2170 cells. You are looking at ~750wh per 40 series bank. So we are looking at 750, 1500, 2250, 3000, 3750, 4500wh. Typically Begode does 2-4-6-8 parallel so the next logical step up from 3000wh is 4500wh and then 6000wh.

6000 WH holy cow that sounds likes the first 150-pound wheel. 

7 hours ago, Underthebag said:

6000 WH holy cow that sounds likes the first 150-pound wheel. 

Master Pro:
- 134.4v
- 4800wh
- 32s x 8p = 256 cells (40 lbs)
- 118 lbs total

Hypothetical wheel:
- 168v
- 6000wh 
- 40s x 8p = 320 cells (50 lbs)
- 128+ lbs total

Both batteries are 8p, but going from 32s to 40s is a 25% increase. This requires an additional 64 cells (64 x 70g = 10lbs). So only 10 lbs heavier, and around 128+ lbs total if this pack was on a Master Pro.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Upvote 1

On 1/8/2024 at 12:02 PM, daniel1234 said:

For me is so mind-blowing that Begode made pre-sale when there is not even prototype, with spec sheet - just the render. It is so tempting to call it bullshit on every slide.

Obviously enough people buy it, so there is no reason for them to change winning strategy :D. 
Tesla Cyber truck reference is for me like last nail in coffin, they are NOT thinking highly about us. Especially china should think twice about material claims.

Did you not see the videos where they ride the proto(s)?

20240114_161705.thumb.jpg.b19cd9a911228236087acd3459df330a.jpg

If it's truly 130mm travel this is the end stroke where battery box will end up..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

20240114_161705.thumb.jpg.b19cd9a911228236087acd3459df330a.jpg

If it's truly 130mm travel this is the end stroke where battery box will end up..

5 cm left for a 14 cm curb wall... ehh

So the chrome linkage will change-shame looks really nice.

The orange front LED will be different. I hope its either white or customisable to be any colour. White is only colour legally for road use on front in my neck of the woods.

20A charge in under 1 hour. Range fairly low but easy to top up. 

Wheel looks well made (for a prototype) but 48Kg is heavy.

Will be interesting if the extra weight means folk feel safer travelling above 50Mph. Although its starting to look like most folk don't really want to go that fast yet. Judging from the speed tests.

The reviews will be interesting to see what people make of this device.

1 hour ago, Robse said:

Ni hao - spiser her, med hjem? :lol:

Hopefully their safety margin is set high.....I was hoping for more than beeps at 85kph at 40% battery

On 1/14/2024 at 4:54 PM, Bizra6ot said:

I have already raised the issue several times on Facebook, but nobody seems to be bothered. A jump off-road into a small hole, or next to a stone or root, or simply on soft ground, and the battery box slams into the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I have already raised the issue several times on Facebook, but nobody seems to be bothered. A jump off-road into a small hole, or next to a stone or root, or simply on soft ground, and the battery box slams into the ground. 

Yeah, it sucks, but 168v common sense just flies out the window.

• Like 1

Yes absolutely, the most important thing is is to be the fastest on the highway or Broadway or just owning the fastest wheel with full Clark or Grizzla kit, even they just ride 30mph max. 🤣

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

The distance between the bottom of the battery cases and the ground is 16cms, which is the same as the distance between the bottom of the S18 pedal hanger mounts to the ground. So I'm not sure this will be a real issue. I certainly don't have a problem with the S18 in this regard.

19 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

But S18 has not 125/130mm suspension travel. 

Do the Begode wheels really have 130mm of travel? I thought people discredited those figures on this forum.

With lots of misinformation and strange definitions of specs its impossible for me to know whats going on.

If you could use the same travel as the S18 of 57mm  then I still wouldn't regard this as an issue. But does having a 48Kg wheel and limited travel cause other issues?

I'm sure someone here can clarify the exact suspension travel of these wheels and the implications this has on limited travel.

Edited by The Brahan Seer
Racing wheel harder suspension

26 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Do the Begode wheels really have 130cm of travel? I thought people discredited those figures on this forum.

With lots of misinformation and strange definitions of specs its impossible for me to know whats going on.

If you could use the same travel as the S18 of 57cms  then I still wouldn't regard this as an issue. But does having a 48Kg wheel and limited travel cause other issues?

I'm sure someone here can clarify the exact suspension travel of these wheels and the implications this has on limited travel.

That's why I wrote "if it's truly 130mm travel" in that image post, Begode is known to do some lofty rounding up with numbers so who knows for now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

The Extreme is advertised with 130mm suspension travel and has 125mm in real. 

I guess ET Max will have the same. 

Even though, we don't know yet, that would be a good guess since it seems to me the ET Max is based on the Extreme.

1 minute ago, Bizra6ot said:

ET Max = Ex Treme Max, i get it now :lol:

That's pretty good.

At least you manage to put some sense in the naming of this model.

I mean, out of the blue, we get this ET Max model name out of thin air from Begode.

• Like 1