On 3/11/2024 at 10:13 PM, techyiam said:

so no more 3600 Wh makes sense

With a battery pack that big a 5p pack shouldnt be too difficult, so something yery close to 3.600Wh would still be possible, wouldnt it?

6 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

With a battery pack that big a 5p pack shouldnt be too difficult, so something yery close to 3.600Wh would still be possible, wouldnt it?

Using odd number of packs means more complications. One would have to decide how to split the fifth pack equally on either side.

The S18 has an odd-number-of-packs configuration. But the four packs could not be the same.

Just had a thought. Maybe the fifth pack could be a swappable pack at the top of the wheel, underneath the controller compartment?

On 3/11/2024 at 2:26 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

Received the ET MAX for testing purposes. Insane power:

Hello from distant Estonia :)

I also received my ET Max and just went to test and set it up.
When charging the battery, however, I noticed that the balancing was not performed properly. During the test drive, my ET currently has a rather sluggish acceleration. You need to push hard for acceleration :) .
In your video, you mentioned a software update that improved ET's behavior. Can you tell me what software number it is and whether it is freely downloadable via Eucworld or Begode APP, for example?20240427_130752.thumb.jpg.90f9aed6af3c6cd57e0fc58d214ed619.jpg

56 minutes ago, Raptor said:

During the test drive, my ET currently has a rather sluggish acceleration. You need to push hard for acceleration :) .

It's a very big heavy wheel, and all wheels that size take some effort to initially accelerate from standstill. You could change the ride mode to soft or medium, which should make that feel easier. Or change pad placement / ride technique to try and impart more ride authority to the wheel. I had to change the whole way I leaned when I moved from an 18 inch wheel to a heavy 20 incher. Much more emphasis on knees into pads than before, but it does get easier with time and XP on the wheel.

The ET Max stock pads look much better than anything Begode has done before, but I would bet they are still not wide enough to properly hook your shins into - the stock ones on my Master were similarly narrow, and I too struggled to accelerate properly with them. Grizzla Flows, and the aforementioned change in technique fixed it for me.

Firmware updates are best done via EUC World which allows you to resume if they fail, but not having an ET Max myself I don't know the numbers or if EUCW supports the model yet. I think I recall one of the SoCal riders saying it does though.

Edited by Cerbera

59 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

It's a very big heavy wheel, and all wheels that size take some effort to initially accelerate from standstill. You could change the ride mode to soft or medium, which should make that feel easier. Or change pad placement / ride technique to try and impart more ride authority to the wheel. I had to change the whole way I leaned when I moved from an 18 inch wheel to a heavy 20 incher. Much more emphasis on knees into pads than before, but it does get easier with time and XP on the wheel.

The ET Max stock pads look much better than anything Begode has done before, but I would bet they are still not wide enough to properly hook your shins into - the stock ones on my Master were similarly narrow, and I too struggled to accelerate properly with them. Grizzla Flows, and the aforementioned change in technique fixed it for me.

Firmware updates are best done via EUC World which allows you to resume if they fail, but not having an ET Max myself I don't know the numbers or if EUCW supports the model yet. I think I recall one of the SoCal riders saying it does though.

:)

Thank you for wanting to help anyway :) !

In fact, I know of many EUCs :) . I have been driving them since 2014. Monster Pro was also difficult and similar. Master is my previous EUC etc. (Master accelerates very easily when driving in my opinion).
I was more interested in Ronin's claim that he got software that made ET's behavior more lively :). The visible balancing disturbance when charging the battery is also a bit disturbing (it can also see what is happening in the battery and BMS work, etc. through the APP). But before updating the software, I would be happy to hear what the good version was :) .

21 minutes ago, Raptor said:

Master is my previous EUC etc. (Master accelerates very easily when driving in my opinion).

I found the Master V4 accelerates the easiest by far when compared to the EX30, and ET Max. I would rate the ET Max a distant third. Theses were other people's wheels, so I don't know what the firmware and settings were.

6 hours ago, Raptor said:

When charging the battery, however, I noticed that the balancing was not performed properly. During the test drive, my ET currently has a rather sluggish acceleration. You need to push hard for acceleration :) .
In your video, you mentioned a software update that improved ET's behavior. Can you tell me what software number it is and whether it is freely downloadable via Eucworld or Begode APP, for example?20240427_130752.thumb.jpg.90f9aed6af3c6cd57e0fc58d214ed619.jpg

Hello again everyone.
Now it turned out that I am too impatient and I updated the software offered through the Begode APP to 2026002.
(I originally had ET 2026001 in the original).
Now, after the test drives, I would like it back 2026001! I don't like the behavior of this update at all! Do I have any chance for that?
The Begode APP software page has test and project ET software. There are no numbers on the software, but production dates. Does anyone know if any of them could have been 2026001?

On 4/27/2024 at 4:41 PM, Raptor said:

Hello again everyone.
Now it turned out that I am too impatient and I updated the software offered through the Begode APP to 2026002.
(I originally had ET 2026001 in the original).
Now, after the test drives, I would like it back 2026001! I don't like the behavior of this update at all! Do I have any chance for that?
The Begode APP software page has test and project ET software. There are no numbers on the software, but production dates. Does anyone know if any of them could have been 2026001?

Hi everybody ,

I did the update for ET 2026002 offered by Begode and after several successful and good drives, in the morning I turned it on and rolled to the door and turned it off. I got dressed and switched ET back on, but it didn't start working anymore. Full brick. Has anyone else had ET and maybe something similar has happened and is there any good advice :) . I tried debricking Master and Master pro, but nothing changes :(

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear it, Raptor. I don't have an ET Max, but it is still very surprising to hear that you got a couple of rides since the update and only THEN did the machine not work, and we should at least consider the possibility that this new problem is not the result of the update. Does anything happen at all when you hit the power button now ? Is the display on for example ? Can any app connect to it now ? If there seems to be no power going anywhere after you power up that sounds like it could be a faulty power button.

Obviously you have to contact your dealer and / or Begode directly for warranty investigation, but they are usually very good about dealing with Batch 1 repairs and replacements so I would have some confidence in them when this is reported.