11 hours ago, Raptor said:

It is very easy to push up the stairs.

Do you use both hands to push? Do you use the trolley handle when you walk it down? Zen gets a tire spin even in the demonstration, what did he do wrong?

29 minutes ago, Mono said:

Do you use both hands to push? Do you use the trolley handle when you walk it down? Zen gets a tire spin even in the demonstration, what did he do wrong?

Yes, I see. Heidenau 66, with a much larger diameter and weight, behaves differently in every respect. When pushing from the stairs, I also push from behind from above, but not upwards, but rather forwards and downwards. In this case, I do not reduce the grip of the tire with the angle of the step. It goes on very easily and effortlessly. If I have a backpack and my hands are free and it has been rainy, I have also rested my other hand on the handle just in case. I won't push him from there. It's just so that if the bike still gets pulled around, I can keep it upright :). The weight and size of the Heidenau tire also makes it possible to use the original support leg. Never falls over backwards :) . When standing on the support leg, I can also support a motorcycle helmet and a backpack on the extended handle of the Master. Even then, he still doesn't lean back :)

Screenshot_20240204_134836_Photos.jpg

Edited by Raptor

2 hours ago, Mono said:

Zen gets a tire spin even in the demonstration, what did he do wrong?

He tried to push it and film at the same time. One hand is not generally enough pressure to prevent spin, especially if tyre is damp.

And that is about the maximum depth of stair I would like to be pushing a Master up. I have just 2 very deep steps up my road from the house and I get the ramp out because I don't like making that wheel climb verticals, and worry about the amount of amps required to do it and board fryings... 

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

He tried to push it and film at the same time. One hand is not generally enough pressure to prevent spin, especially if tyre is damp.

And that is about the maximum depth of stair I would like to be pushing a Master up. I have just 2 very deep steps up my road from the house and I get the ramp out because I don't like making that wheel climb verticals, and worry about the amount of amps required to do it and board fryings... 

the master climbs the stairs well by pushing from the rear but especially not from the rear headlight! With a rear handle it's very good.

8 hours ago, Mono said:

I use both hands to push up and to lower down a wheel. When lowering a wheel, I lower the wheel one step at a time. I only have 5 steps. I stand behind the wheel, and place one hand on the front grab handle or bumper, and the other hand on top of the wheel to help stabilize the wheel. The main control is provided by front hand. You can experiment to get it the way you want it. Note that when lowering a wheel, try not to rely on too much traction. But at the same time, you don't want to go down too fast and lost control of the wheel. I don't use the trolley handle because I don't feel I have enough control, and the trolley handles are not durable enough.

I believe if Zen Lee had pushed his wheel at a lower point, and push the wheel into the stairs, he could have avoided tire spin. 

I don't own a Master. So I can't say with certainty as to where to push.

Just experiment with different locations on the back, and push towards the leading edge of the next higher step. When the steps and the tire are wet, that's when things can get tricky.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Pushing the Master up the stairs never gives so much load that it could burn something! This would be dangerous only in the case of EUC that was once only suitable for children. Under outdoor conditions, it drives up the stairs with a 100kg rider without any problems. Indoors it would be terribly noisy and unreasonable :)

15 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Looks like they are going with the EX30 C40 rim/motor on this wheel! Oddly it looks like a tiny tire and not the 100/90-14 they advertised.

image.thumb.png.feaa773bdfb532bfdff6888ea03e4ffd.png

I hope they go back to that wide tire they advertised originally. That was a massive different thing for this wheel. 

33 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I hope they go back to that wide tire they advertised originally. That was a massive different thing for this wheel. 

If they use this tire for the mass production model, it will be a huge problem. A 1" total tire diameter difference will measure significantly different on the EUC's speedometer, and much more importantly, the tire diameter isn't wide enough for a rider to go up a curb. Instead, riders will smash against the bottom corners of teh batter box.

This will be a huge problem if they don't deliver on the tire size that was originally promised.

• Like 2

Thrilling to know there is one just 40 mins drive away from me ! I like Kevin and those e-rides guys - may well buy from them next time round...

But no hurry from me at all - I have at least 2 or 3 batches and revisions before I have to decide between the ET max and the Lynx...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Thrilling to know there is one just 40 mins drive away from me ! I like Kevin and those e-rides guys - may well buy from them next time round...

But no hurry from me at all - I have at least 2 or 3 batches and revisions before I have to decide between the ET max and the Lynx...

What's the draw of the Lynx if you already have a Master? They seem to mostly have the same capabilities, weight, and range.. I guess the Master is probably a bit slower, if anything? I suppose that's the main draw of the ET max, at least.

1 hour ago, Panzer04 said:

What's the draw of the Lynx if you already have a Master? They seem to mostly have the same capabilities, weight, and range..

Higher build quality, better, trouble-free suspension / bearings, better long-term availability of spares, less ongoing maintenance (I would hope), more grounded, less wind-susceptible ride experience, and just wanting to try something by a different manufacturer, having mostly had Gotway / Begodes up til now. The ET I am interested in mainly because it's another few generations on with suspension, has much more substantial battery cases and not to mention - I just really like the look of it.

It's not that I don't like the Master - I definitely do, and I can't imagine that I will ever be unhappy with the levels of range, power and torque it effortlessly dispenses - I just doubt its longevity, and it frustrates me quite a bit just how susceptible I am to wind on that machine, and it seems that both Lynx and ET Max have much lower CoG so should be better in that respect... that's quite a biggie for me as this country seems almost permanently windy these days.

I know, I know, there are lower pedal hangers available, and will probably try those first, and will keep the Master going as long as I feasibly can, but the lure of something new and latest generation is gonna win eventually !

Edited by Cerbera

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:
3 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

What's the draw of the Lynx if you already have a Master? They seem to mostly have the same capabilities, weight, and range..

Higher build quality, better, trouble-free suspension / bearings, better long-term availability of spares, less ongoing maintenance

Also, one may appreciate the more refined and premium feel of the Lynx.

For myself, as nice as the S22 is currently as a suspension wheel, I am still drawn to my Abrams refined and premium feel, in addition to its engaging chassis dynamics for road use.

Often, it is hard to tell until one spends some time on both wheels, and then ride back-to-back for some time. Eventually, one can form some opinions and biases toward each wheel.

At the moment, I think I haven't really found an upgrade to my Abrams, but rather a different kind of riding experience, where both are enjoyable.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Also, the more refined and premium feel may be appreciated.

For myself, as nice as the S22 is currently as a suspension wheel, I am still drawn to my Abrams refined and premium feel, in addition to its engaging chassis dynamics for road use.

Often, it is hard to tell until one spends some time on both wheels, and then ride back-to-back for some time. Eventually, one can forms some opinions and biases toward each wheel.

At the moment, I think I haven't really found an upgrade to my Abrams, but rather a different kind of riding experience, where both are enjoyable.

I've ridden Lynxes for a few minutes each, which is hardly enough to say I've got a real feel for it, but I didn't find it felt revolutionarily different. It felt different, but not different enough that I'd want to buy 70% more for it.. I do think that people who spent 4k on an EUC that's barely an upgrade in performance and somewhat of an upgrade in "look"/"feel" have somewhat of a vested interest in justifying said purchase though :P.

So this isn't a total derailment, I do find the ET max a weird wheel. I guess there's a lot of people who mostly ride street that really want that extra 15kph top speed or whatever it ends up being? If it had been 10kg lighter it would be a total slam dunk, but at 50kg I just don't see it :/. I suppose that's just my disinterest in going much faster than 80kph showing? :) If it had been in the region of 40-42kg it would have had a claim as being a strictly-better Master, but at 50kg it's sort of a sidegrade :/

Edited by Panzer04

57 minutes ago, Julianjc84 said:

ET MAX is just a Master V4 with increased suspension travel. and 'maybe better geometry'

This video posted by Kevin at e-rides may have something more to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julianjc84 said:

ET MAX is just a Master V4 with increased suspension travel. and 'maybe better geometry'

Master is too good $ value for the price with 3rd party upgrades.

Wheels aren't that complex, not surprising et max looks like their other wheels but with tweaks. I'd expect all of these improvements to trickle down to cheaper wheels, nothing fundamentally more expensive here - that price tag is pure gravy for Begode, they see LK charging 4k and people paying it and want in. A couple hundred extra BOM cost at absolute most, tack on another 1.5-2k onto the price. If they cut the battery size it'd be even less.

Their real problem is Masters going as cheap as they are, basically cuts off most of the higher end market for the price conscious :)

Edited by Panzer04
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

I've ridden Lynxes for a few minutes each, which is hardly enough to say I've got a real feel for it, but I didn't find it felt revolutionarily different. It felt different, but not different enough that I'd want to buy 70% more for it.. I do think that people who spent 4k on an EUC that's barely an upgrade in performance and somewhat of an upgrade in "look"/"feel" have somewhat of a vested interest in justifying said purchase though :P.

Then you are in luck. You can save yourself a whole bunch of money. :) 

As for myself, I am kind of content with the motor performance of both my S22 and Abrams. Accelerating and braking is good enough for my type of riding. Additionally, at this point in time, I don't really need more than 70 km/h top speed, just more headroom.

Moreover, now that I have own and ridden my T3, V12, Abrams, and S22 for a while and back-to-back along the same routes, I have come to realize what traits in a wheel that I would appreciate more. For me, a refined and premium feel is high on my list, since motor performance and top speed of any of the new performance wheels would be more than I need. I also care about long term durability, waterproofing, and serviceability. I also value that safety was in the minds of the engineers when the wheel was being designed. QC is also very important to me.

I haven't own a Begode performance wheel yet. However, the ET Max does look interesting.

I had a brief roll on an Extreme at a dealer, and my initial impression was positive. But my affinity was more towards the Lynx. Aside from the ride feel, I also like the way my V12 and Abrams are built, and serviced. I think Begode is catching up, and closer and closer with each new wheel release, but I still have to see some teardowns to see where they are now at.

7 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

I do find the ET max a weird wheel. I guess there's a lot of people who mostly ride street that really want that extra 15kph top speed or whatever it ends up being? If it had been 10kg lighter it would be a total slam dunk, but at 50kg I just don't see it :/. I suppose that's just my disinterest in going much faster than 80kph showing? :) If it had been in the region of 40-42kg it would have had a claim as being a strictly-better Master, but at 50kg it's sort of a sidegrade :/

I see the ET Max from a different perspective.

I do not do group rides, so top speeds are meaningless to me. For me, anything over 80 km/h is for the open road, which is something I rarely do. As for weight, I come to learn that I am OK with the Abrams' 100 lbs. weight, even for short rides. The weight doesn't bother me. But I don't need to lift up the Abrams. I am also interested in the 110 lbs V13.

What interest me in the ET Max is in the advancement Begode has made to their performance wheels.

I will be interested in the quality of the electronics, waterproofing, sliders, linkage, shock, build-quality, parts quality, refinement, and QC, along with Samsung 50S cells, smart BMS, light alloy chassis, and etc.

Someone just posted his recently received Extreme that has a shock stuck at the slowest rebound damping setting. This is what I consider bad QC.

Something that Kevin brought to light in his ET Max First Look Video is that the stanchions looked to be coated. 

I am liking the ET Max so far based on a quick look provided by Kevin's video.

I lost all interest in the Master now.

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 1

They drastically need to come up with improvements or changes for their slider system, it's the big weakpoint of their suspension solution, so many problems and so much wear requires a lot of maintenance, huge turnoff IMO.