On 1/2/2024 at 3:47 PM, Jason McNeil said:

And another Begode product release annoucement, coming on the heels of the GT PRO. 

UPDATE: this is going to happen pretty quick, none of this long daliance courtship affair stuff, first production in like 13 days :lol:. Similiar $4k as the GT PRO with the 50S, or $3,750 with the GBs.

ETMAX1.png.52ab3b76a4f1572fb7322cb8984bafe6.png

ETMAX2.png.c3fed5f16f29fed889764c7f93fcdf11.png

ETMAX3.png.efa5d8ad3aa02b223eaa6ae3ff7e726a.png

ETMAX4.png.f11c38e14d70e91e153afd2ad0dfcc52.png

ETMAX5.png.a2e8a55431aed7171a09d34918cdf456.png

ETMAX6.png.fa26cb73240b1a17ff81a9c5bdee597b.png

ETMAX7.png.4a40847f6ae431021d7435c3f027dbe7.png

this tread and info is now 2 month and 10 days old... isn't it about time with a new Begode wheel release? 😉

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Robse said:

isn't it about time with a new Begode wheel release?

Speaking of new wheel releases, Dawn mentioned that Milli Begode told her that there will be no more new wheels from Begode with 3600 Wh battery capacity (for the remainder of the year?). Dawn mentioned to Milli that she was interested in a 3600 Wh ET Max.

But, with 168 V system, 4P is 2960 Wh, and 6P is 4440 Wh, so no more 3600 Wh makes sense.

But it could also mean Begode won't be coming out with new larger battery capacity wheels over 3000 Wh.

Not sure which it is going to be.

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Speaking of new wheel releases, Dawn mentioned that Milli Begode told her that there will be no more new wheels from Begode with 3600 Wh battery capacity (for the remainder of the year?). Dawn mentioned to Milli that she was interested in a 3600 Wh ET Max.

But, with 168 V system, 4P is 2960 Wh, and 6P is 4440 Wh, so no more 3600 Wh makes sense.

But it could also mean Begode won't be coming out with new larger battery capacity wheels over 3000 Wh.

Not sure which it is going to be.

Begode maybe not who knows, but a certain sister brand you dislike, maybe yes... 😉

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Begode maybe not who knows, but a certain sister brand you dislike, maybe... 😉

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting. With that much weight, I wonder what the demand would be like?

I think there is going to be a dilemma going forward with larger capacity wheels.

Should Begode stick with 134.4 V with 3600 Wh battery capacity, or offer 168 V with 4440 Wh?

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting. With that much weight, I wonder what the demand would be like?

I think there is going to be a dilemma going forward with larger capacity wheels.

Should Begode stick with 134.4 V with 3600 Wh battery capacity, or offer 168 V with 4440 Wh?

Both. I'm pretty sure the vast majority will be unhappy that performance is improved but range is degraded.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Here an analysis of my recent crash on the ET Max from a few days ago.

Is this filmed with a 360 cam? if it is, you should probably be able to turn the viewing angle down to look closeup at the tire - maybe you can actually see that it lacks air pressure?

On 4/14/2024 at 2:36 PM, WheelGoodTime said:

Here an analysis of my recent crash on the ET Max from a few days ago.

This looks just like my crash with the same reason. Too quickly assessed the tire pressure to be adequate for riding and went on my way. I did the same "look down at the wheel, something feels off" and then just like you in an instant it felt like ice under the wheel (felt like it slipped to the left from under me, right foot sank with the pedal)and I went down just like you. At that moment I saw no reason for the crash. Steady speed, good road conditions, going straight, nothing amiss at all. And boom you're down wondering wtf just happened 🤯 when I finally gathered myself I noticed the tire completely flat, Innertube had failed at the valve. I can only assume the lacking tire pressure allowed the tube to move around just a little bit so it chafed the valve and then it tore and let the last bit of air out in an instant and puff down we go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/14/2024 at 1:10 PM, Robse said:

Is this filmed with a 360 cam? if it is, you should probably be able to turn the viewing angle down to look closeup at the tire - maybe you can actually see that it lacks air pressure?

yes, I filmed it with an insta360. it's filmed in 5.7k, but when it's facing in one particular direction, then the resolution is not the greatest. I might pop for their new 8k camera that is about to be announced, just so I can get the highest quality footage :) But in this case i dont think it' shows how flat it was, but I'll review it further to see if there's any way to tell a bit better.

8 hours ago, Ser_skele said:

This looks just like my crash with the same reason. Too quickly assessed the tire pressure to be adequate for riding and went on my way. I did the same "look down at the wheel, something feels off" and then just like you in an instant it felt like ice under the wheel (felt like it slipped to the left from under me, right foot sank with the pedal)and I went down just like you. At that moment I saw no reason for the crash. Steady speed, good road conditions, going straight, nothing amiss at all. And boom you're down wondering wtf just happened 🤯 when I finally gathered myself I noticed the tire completely flat, Innertube had failed at the valve. I can only assume the lacking tire pressure allowed the tube to move around just a little bit so it chafed the valve and then it tore and let the last bit of air out in an instant and puff down we go.

wow, that's awful. Stupid question, but did this also happen on the ET Max? I still can't tell conclusively whether it was overinflated or underinflated, but I am strongly leaning toward that being the case - one or the other I don't know. On one hand, I feel responsible for needing to check the tire pressure prior to my first ride, but on the other hand I believe every company should ship their EUCs (at least with cargo shipped wheels) with properly inflated tires because it's a critical QC matter of safety for users.

Edited by WheelGoodTime

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

But in this case i dont think it' shows how flat it was,

Strangely enough, it looked more like when you looked down, the wheel started slowly tilting to the right and you didn't notice it until you looked back up and by then it was to late. It was already leaning against your right leg and you couldn't recover. My guess is the valve stem happened during the crash. If the tire had blown that quickly the euc would have wobbled or done something out of the ordinary aside from just slowly tilt to one side. It's happened to @Forwardnbak before, the same thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I might pop for their new 8k camera that is about to be announced, just so I can get the highest quality footage :)

God alone knows how they plan to keep 8K60 cool, but best of luck to 'em !! :)

Re Insta 360 X4:  I could wish for one, just for the sake of image quality, but on the other hand, Full HD at 60 fps is relatively heavy to render
and process for longer clips, and the latest video I made with four Full HD clips simultaneously was about to kill my computer, and it's even fairly powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9LqE-ToUto

4 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Strangely enough, it looked more like when you looked down, the wheel started slowly tilting to the right and you didn't notice it until you looked back up and by then it was to late. It was already leaning against your right leg and you couldn't recover. My guess is the valve stem happened during the crash. If the tire had blown that quickly the euc would have wobbled or done something out of the ordinary aside from just slowly tilt to one side. It's happened to @Forwardnbak before, the same thing.

it's actually quite strange because I was thinking exactly the same thing, precisely because it looks so strange that the wheels just pull out to the right and there's nothing to do - it just happens, just like when @Forwardnbak crashed his V13.  As if the wheel has suddenly decided to turn to one side, and then it cannot be saved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 11:22 PM, Robse said:

it's actually quite strange because I was thinking exactly the same thing, precisely because it looks so strange that the wheels just pull out to the right and there's nothing to do - it just happens, just like when @Forwardnbak crashed his V13.  As if the wheel has suddenly decided to turn to one side, and then it cannot be saved.

Yes there's was nothing to do at all. "Somethings off" -> face plant in a second it felt like. Just enough time to think it feels weird and then you're tossed.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 5:57 PM, WheelGoodTime said:

wow, that's awful. Stupid question, but did this also happen on the ET Max? I still can't tell conclusively whether it was overinflated or underinflated, but I am strongly leaning toward that being the case - one or the other I don't know. On one hand, I feel responsible for needing to check the tire pressure prior to my first ride, but on the other hand I believe every company should ship their EUCs (at least with cargo shipped wheels) with properly inflated tires because it's a critical QC matter of safety for users.

No it was on an ex20s 

14 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Isn't the ET Max being shipped tubeless? Sounds like you were running too low of pressure and debeaded the tire from the rim if it is indeed tubeless.

Maybe through ewheels - everywhere else is selling them with a tube. They all have tubeless tires stock but come with a tube.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Isn't the ET Max being shipped tubeless? Sounds like you were running too low of pressure and debeaded the tire from the rim if it is indeed tubeless.

It is not. Its a tubeless compatible rim only 👍

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1