1 minute ago, techyiam said:

When you buy tire for your car, motorcycle, or bicycle, are you confused because they do not provide you with the overall tire diameter? 

No because they state exactly what tyre is suitable for each vehicle and what the rim size is, the profile of the tyre and the width. Its only EUC's that seem to have gone down the total diameter figure when quoting stats.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

They are not really. S18 is true 18" when measuring the diameter with the stock tyre. 20" wheels should measure 20" or 19+" with their stock tyre

Nope. S18 originally came with the exact same tire as the first MSX which was marketed as a 19” wheel. There are no 18” tires in real diameter that fit in modern 14” rim wheels. Even 18XL 18x2.5” tire was more than 18” in real diameter. If you say 20” then you speak about real diameter because that number will not be found on any tire fitting on our wheels with 14” rim. You cannot mix units. If you say 20” then use real diameter for everything. Then all the wheels marketed as 18” should be mentioned as 19” or 19.5” wheels. 

for reference here’s a picture of 18x3 tire from V11 (top) and S22 “20 inch” tire (bottom). That’s the difference between S18 and S22. S18 has a smaller wheel well so it won’t take the biggest 14” rim tires but that’s all. 

IMG_2633.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I wish they just quoted sizes of wheels and tyres like motorcycles.

Me too, especially now that euc"s have moved beyond being a bicycle substitute. 

• Like 1

Just now, UniVehje said:

There are no 18” tires in real diameter that fit in modern 14” rim wheels

I have measured my S18 and it is very close to 18" diameter that is the only reason why I mentioned it. But if it stated that its 19" from the MSX that doesn't surprise me. Its all very stupid because just inflating the tyre would change this figure anyway. I'm not agreeing with the way they describe rims, tyres or wheels but I'm trying to make sense of what they actually mean. If you are saying tyres provided on EUC's described as 20" are not 20", or 16" are not 16" or described 19" are not 19" (as in real total diameter). Then I stand corrected. I only have my wheel to go on and extrapolated from that. Trying to make sense of the descriptors used by manufactures. 

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Me too, especially now that euc"s have moved beyond being a bicycle substitute. 

It’s really best to just think all 18”, 19” and 20” wheels have the same 14” rim and are about the same size. All the rest is marketing. They all take tires that have either 18x3 or 2.75-14 written on them. And that 18 has nothing to do with real diameter, just a conventional number. Differences in real diameter are more closely given by numbers like 80/90 or 90/90 etc. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

for reference here’s a picture of 18x3 tire from V11 (top) and S22 “20 inch” tire (bottom). That’s the difference between S18 and S22. S18 has a smaller wheel well so it won’t take the biggest 14” rim tires but that’s all. 

The tire size of the S22 stock tire is 2.75-14.

I didn't realize a 2.75-14 tire is that much bigger than a V11 18x3.0 tire.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on your comparison between your incoming Lynx and your S22. 

Are you expecting the Lynx to have significantly more range than the S22? I worried that it may not be.

Just now, techyiam said:

The tire size of the S22 stock tire is 2.75-14.

I didn't realize a 2.75-14 tire is that much bigger than a V11 18x3.0 tire.

It’s really only bigger because of the knobs. Otherwise practically the same size  

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on your comparison between your incoming Lynx and your S22. 

Are you expecting the Lynx to have significantly more range than the S22? I worried that it may not be.

I installed that 18x3 tire from V11 on my S22 for the first year and then changed to City Grip 2 80/90. I cannot compare to the stock S22 tire. I’m expecting about 10-25 km more range and better suspension. Hard to say yet about 5 extra kg. 

• Like 1

@UniVehje  and from your photo it illustrates that the tyre sizes are all over the place. So there is no logic to the descriptors used after all. Well I tried my best to give them the benefit of the doubt that they where actually trying to give us meaningful information but as you say its all just marketing nonsense. Which doesn't help anyone.It is disappointing but I should've known better. Thanks for the help.

4 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

in real diameter are more closely given by numbers like 80/90 or 90/90 etc. 

I agree. Using motorcycle tires would be my preference, and would have motorcycle tire size labeling. 

However, many of the new 14" rim size euc"s have scooter/moped tires and therefore, have sizes such as 2.75-14, 3.00-14 etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

It’s really only bigger because of the knobs. Otherwise practically the same size  

I installed that 18x3 tire from V11 on my S22 for the first year and then changed to City Grip 2 80/90. I cannot compare to the stock S22 tire. I’m expecting about 10-25 km more range and better suspension. Hard to say yet about 5 extra kg. 

My experience with my S22 on stock tire is that I don't experience wobbles of any kind. Additionally, high speed stability is pretty good once I brought down the tire pressure. How was the 18x3 and City Grip tires compared to each other in this regard?

9 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

from your photo it illustrates that the tyre sizes are all over the place. So there is no logic

Yep, exactly. The middle one is also 2.75-14 tire. So a 20” tire but much smaller than the top 18x3” tire. The middle is a 80/80 version. Bur even that number varies greatly between brands. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

How was the 18x3 and City Grip tires compared to each other in this regard?

Difficult to say as I changed it right after a long winter break. I don’t remember much difference. But getting off-topic…

4 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Yep, exactly. The middle one is also 2.75-14 tire. So a 20” tire but much smaller than the top 18x3” tire. The middle is a 80/80 version. Bur even that number varies greatly between brands. 

You mean the middle tire is stamped with a 2.75-14 size.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EUCzero said:

So...... this has been discussed too many times before already in to many threads. Let's go back discussing the ET in this thread.... It has a 14" rim. Just deal with it. PLEASE!

How do you confirm the rim size of ET max is 14 inch since there is no material to support our suspecting? 

I think we should distinguish among the motor size, rim size and tire size. 

V11 has the 12” motor size that is same as motor size of V14, however, the rim size of V11 is 14” which is bigger than V14. Therefore, V11 is able to use 18” tire, but V14 is only able to use 16” tire. Am I correct? 

Consequently, V11, V14 and Patton are the same category of the motor size of 12 inch. So what is the motor size of ET max, are V14 and ET max have the same size of motor? 

The picture as follow is the rim of V11.

IMG_0512.webp.d05ae7a9eb349d1a9b1fd963a3eaace9.webp

Edited by YCC

31 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

1. This isn't our first experience with Gotway...
2. They stated 90/90-14.

Let's continue discussing new information about ET. (Not rims!)

Let us talk about motor size. Do you agree the motor size of ET max is same as the motor size of V14?

The picture as follow is the motor size of V14 that is 12 inch.

IMG_0508.thumb.jpeg.f5b433f2b12227c71ce564e63ab14c1c.jpeg

Edited by YCC

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:
On 1/6/2024 at 7:37 PM, v8nice said:

39kg it s cool!

It is hard to believe - so Lynx is as heavy as ET max with more cells ?

+1.

The Extreme weighs 39 kg, and it has a battery capacity of 2400 Wh and a 16" wheel.

The ET Max is based on the Extreme, I believe.

The ET Max has a battery capacity of 3000 Wh, and a 20" wheel.

We have not been told of any weight saving measures. And I'm not seeing any weight savings made from looking at the CGI's. The suspension linkage is now made of stainless steel (I'm guessing from the Tesla Cyber truck reference, and an image of the linkage), instead of aluminum alloy. That isn't going to help in the weight department.

In short, all I see are changes that made the ET Max more powerful and heavier.

For me is so mind-blowing that Begode made pre-sale when there is not even prototype, with spec sheet - just the render. It is so tempting to call it bullshit on every slide.

Obviously enough people buy it, so there is no reason for them to change winning strategy :D. 
Tesla Cyber truck reference is for me like last nail in coffin, they are NOT thinking highly about us. Especially china should think twice about material claims.

13 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

For me is so mind-blowing that Begode made pre-sale when there is not even prototype, with spec sheet - just the render. It is so tempting to call it bullshit on every slide.