the battery cases had to be longer if they wanted to keep the same battery stacking format.  if the wheel is to be used primarily for street riding and no acrobatics (no curb jumping and what not...) then its fine.  but the lower battery pack will limits its offroad capability.   the only other ways of keeping the same shorter battery pack is to change the stacking format and make it longer from front to back but retain the same height or shorter height.  for my limited commuting needs and street riding,  its not a deal breaker.  but for die-hard offroad riders,  they will probably pass on this euc unless GB offers an alternative battery pack that does not have the xtra length.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Underthebag said:

these pads are adjustable. If they made these pads correctly I'm not sure if 3rd party pads will be needed anymore for anything outside of a legit race if the pads are made properly.   

I agree. This is the way to do it. But I still feel people will use something else because they want the choice. 

They really only need to make sure the sides are flat. People will handle the rest on their own. (Same goes for light, tire, pedals, seat etc.)

• Like 1

all i ever wanted was a RS19 with more battery capacity... and now look at this, i think it has the looks, d*mn it looks mean, ugly, dangerous..... and nice, me like that 😁

+ Higher voltage enables a higher top speed and also faster charging.

+ more Wh 3000

+ With curved magnets, the effective distance between the rotor and stator can be slightly shorter. The magnetic force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance, even a small distance may have a significant effect.

+ functional looking pads and pedals

- Higher voltage, taller battery arrangement taller wheel, higher CG and added weight 

- 'proprietary' Chinese shock, probably because Begode didn't want to make curved linkages (costs???) or enforced mount. Harder switch to a good 'brand' shock

Edited by okvp

21 minutes ago, okvp said:

- 'proprietary' Chinese shock, probably because Begode didn't want to make curved linkages (costs???) or enforced mount. Harder switch to a good 'brand' shock

Doing a proprietary shock costed less than proper linkages? That is truly strange to me, but without seeing the entire linkage design its hard to say

22 minutes ago, v8nice said:

the weight and the price will be decisive to choose between the lynx and this ET Max

Both sound similar:

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

$4k with the 50S, or $3,750 with the GB

This wheel looks fantastic.
@Jason McNeil maybe consider doing a “discount all in” paid in full order for 100 pieces. You can have a counter on the website when you reach 100. 
You make money and we take the leap of faith on this one for a have to have it discounted price. 😉

Did we get weight or waterproofing specs on it?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

This wheel looks fantastic.
@Jason McNeil maybe consider doing a “discount all in” paid in full order for 100 pieces. You can have a counter on the website when you reach 100. 
You make money and we take the leap of faith on this one for a have to have it discounted price. 😉

Did we get weight or waterproofing specs on it?

it's 99 lbs. Havent heard anything about waterproofing but thus far it's not looking promising.

So it's the same spec as GT Pro: Same pack size, same voltage, same tire size, same price... 

Different suspension and different battery layout (tall vs long) perhaps? Is that enough to justify two models from the same factory? Odd... makes me wonder if one will die off quickly like XM did.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, Jason McNeil said:

GTPRO2.jpg.b8f9b613fad4dc0b1ecb50c595908c52.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like it! It makes me hesitate on my Lynx order🥹

Very nice looking wheel and the specs is amazing. However my priority is reliability and water resistance so as a noob I think I wouldn't know the difference and probably more happy with leaperkims quality/after sales support. But still, if you buy the latest and greatest you want just that..

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mcfoster said:

I don't like it! It makes me hesitate on my Lynx order🥹

Very nice looking wheel and the specs is amazing. However my priority is reliability and water resistance so as a noob I think I wouldn't know the difference and probably more happy with leaperkims quality/after sales support. But still, if you buy the latest and greatest you want just that..

the Lynx and ET Max are in *almost* different classes. they are both flagship EUCs with similar range capabilities, and the ET Max does outclass the Lynx in nearly every category. But historically, Leaperkim has a much better and refined firmware and they utilize their lesser "on paper" specs much more effectively. Yes, the ET Max will likely perform better in many ways, but the fit and finish that Leaperkim provides is second to none. The Lynx is 88 lbs while the ET Max is 99 lbs also. Plus, the Lynx is IPX6 rated while the ET Max doesn't have any waterproofing that's been announced yet. Both are excellent options, depending on your use case, but it seems like the lynx is slightly more beginner friendly.

• Like 2

Prediction: In less than 1 month from the very day today, we will see the first major crash with the ET MAX (tubevideo of course ) incl.a lot of swearing and angry words from the countryside, performed by c..... 🙄😁

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

So it's the same spec as GT Pro: Same pack size, same voltage, same tire size, same price... 

I'm guessing the rim is the same but the tyres used different? ET Max 90/90/14, GT Pro 100/90/14  Maybe more room for wider tyres in one than the other?

Motherboard quoted ET Max 1200A, GT Pro 1056A, but are they the same motherboard? Firmware difference or typo?

Weight of wheels tba

Speakers vs no speakers

Waterproofing?

Lights?

One does look considerably 'different to the other', build quality? 

Weight distribution?

So many questions still to be answered..

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

If it can free spin at 180 km/h then loaded top speed might reasonably be... 140 or so ? We're getting to the speeds where wind knocks you off backwards now, surely ? Ah well, I look forward to the speed test videos !

No, because of wind resistance. 2x the speed requires 8x the power. The free spin could be 300 km/h, but you still won't have enough power to go much over 100 km/h.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Robse said:

Prediction: In less than 1 month from the very day today, we will see the first major crash with the ET MAX (tubevideo of course ) incl.a lot of swearing and angry words from the countryside, performed by c..... 🙄😁

If this happens i will debunk it again asap with a video speed run backed with app data like I did for the Extreme. This begode ET MAX will be the ultimate 20" wheel!! The look is sick as well! Im expecting to see a clean difference in power with the voltage upgrade of this wheel, like only Begode can demonstrate (kind of on the same scale as we saw from 100v to 134v).

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

Just now, Ronin Ryder said:

If this happens i will debunk it again with a video speed run backed with app data like I did for the Extreme. This begode ET MAX will be the ultimate 20" wheel!! The look is sick as well!

its inevitable 😁

4 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

If this happens i will debunk it again with a video speed run backed with app data like I did for the Extreme. This begode ET MAX will be the ultimate 20" wheel!! The look is sick as well!

What was the end result of that? Was the app mis-reporting or were you actually hitting 80%+ PWM?