1 minute ago, WheelGoodTime said:

gotcha, I was referring to the Lynx controversy though :)

And i was talking about the Extreme as this was what was being talked about. Lynx, you can check my review for the findings. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, v8nice said:

45kg...

It s not lynx killer !

I suspect most people will not buy both a Lynx and an ET Max.

In time, we may know which wheel people will prefer.

But then maybe there is a market for both the Lynx and a separate market for the ET Max.

It is kind of like Sherman S vs EX30.

3 hours ago, v8nice said:

the weight and the price will be decisive to choose between the lynx and this ET Max

Keep in mind that the ET will (physics) weigh a lot more than the Lynx. It's going to be a different riding experience.

I think these two wheels will appeal to different types of riders. The price will be similar I bet. So what do you really want in your next wheel?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think these two wheels will appeal to different types of riders.

Exactly as @Marty Backe states, weight (especially the weight difference)/ride feel/balance will put these 2 wheels in different categories IMO!

• Like 1

Does 5Kg really matter that much when both wheels are in the 40kg class? I'd obviously prefer a lighter wheel, but "different categories" is a strong way to put that difference.

The draw for me for this would be (competent) 130mm suspension, which Begode is not well known for, sadly. Extra speed is whatever, just more headroom. Having just bought and received a V4 master I'm a little bit annoyed they released this immediately after, but the Master is still going to be a lot cheaper, and this is mostly marginal improvements over that. If the battery box clearance is questionable that's another strike against it too (I have really enjoyed trailriding the master)

Edited by Panzer04

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Keep in mind that the ET will (physics) weigh a lot more than the Lynx. It's going to be a different riding experience.

I think these two wheels will appeal to different types of riders. The price will be similar I bet. So what do you really want in your next wheel?

it's 99 lbs vs the lynx's 88 lbs :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

Does 5Kg really matter that much when both wheels are in the 40kg class? I'd obviously prefer a lighter wheel, but "different categories" is a strong way to put that difference.

The draw for me for this would be (competent) 130mm suspension, which Begode is not well known for, sadly. Extra speed is whatever, just more headroom. Having just bought and received a V4 master I'm a little bit annoyed they released this immediately after, but the Master is still going to be a lot cheaper, and this is mostly marginal improvements over that. If the battery box clearance is questionable that's another strike against it too (I have really enjoyed trailriding the master)

yes it will make the difference, because in this case you might as well take the ex30 for 5kg more... The big difference is leaperkim had to think about making the lynx lose weight, begode didn't do it, so we can also in passing that They didn't think too much....It seems very high too

2 hours ago, v8nice said:

yes it will make the difference, because in this case you might as well take the ex30 for 5kg more... The big difference is leaperkim had to think about making the lynx lose weight, begode didn't do it, so we can also in passing that They didn't think too much....It seems very high too

You see the claimed hardware though? The motherboard is packing capacitors and the motor supposedly now uses curved magnets for more torque. Begode seems to have focused on 1upping the competition with power as usual

• Like 1

13 hours ago, okvp said:

proprietary' Chinese shock, probably because Begode didn't want to make curved linkages (costs???) or enforced mount. Harder switch to a good 'brand' shock

And thats the problem...the begode shocks are straight out inferior to an real shock and its huge effort to swap to an quality shock for sure 

8 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

Yes its huge difference (99 vs 88 lbs), this and the balance of the weight...lynx is a trailracer with Allround capabilities...this one is for speed-demons to get that 2mph more on the street

It will be inferior regarding trails due to chinese cringe shock, weight and balance

imo of course

Edited by onkeldanuel

9 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

Yes you can feel the weight difference.

The more I think about the ET the more awkward it seems, with only 3000Wh at 45kg's it's competing with 3600Wh wheels in the same weight category, the only potential benefit would be higher speed.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

Then we have the EX30 at 3600Wh very similar weight, lower price, we have the Commander Pro 3600Wh similar weight, both of those wheels from Begode and sister company. So who is this wheel for? Someone who desperately wants 5-10kmh higher top speed and willing to sacrifice range to get it on a heavy wheel?

6 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Then we have the EX30 at 3600Wh very similar weight, lower price, we have the Commander Pro 3600Wh similar weight, both of those wheels from Begode and sister company. So who is this wheel for? Someone who desperately wants 5-10kmh higher top speed and willing to sacrifice range to get it on a heavy wheel?

basically yes. But if they implement safety features that's a huge reason to get this wheel over the others. Also if there is waterproofing on it, that will also be a selling point (if that ever happens). The smart BMS is a big deal, as is the motor-blocking safety feature. If they also implement a hall sensor safety feature as well, then you have another big reason to purchase this EUC.

However, after comparing the ET Max to the GT Pro, the ET Max seems so much better in so many ways. Begode is killing off their sister company's GT Pro before it even is released, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Begode is killing off their sister company's GT Pro before it even is released, in my opinion.

It is like the Commander Pro vs EX30 all over again.

It is hard to say until both are out, and people have ridden them and have decided which one to buy.

The thing that no one is talking about the ET Max is the suspension.

The pedals no longer are mounted to the bottom of the stanchions. They are now mounted directly to the battery boxes. That can be significant because the slider design may have changed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

basically yes. But if they implement safety features that's a huge reason to get this wheel over the others. Also if there is waterproofing on it, that will also be a selling point (if that ever happens). The smart BMS is a big deal, as is the motor-blocking safety feature. If they also implement a hall sensor safety feature as well, then you have another big reason to purchase this EUC.

However, after comparing the ET Max to the GT Pro, the ET Max seems so much better in so many ways. Begode is killing off their sister company's GT Pro before it even is released, in my opinion.

Which safety features? Do you mean Smart BMS that can show cell values or something else? Smart BMS that show cell voltage is nice for sure and right direction to go but it's not a wheel seller.

Also compared to the EX30 I would be skeptical if the waterproofing is a lot better but would be positive to be proven wrong.

30 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

So who is this wheel for? Someone who desperately wants 5-10kmh higher top speed and willing to sacrifice range to get it on a heavy wheel?

They mention racing on the announcement text. But other than that it's just about small improvements here and there. It's a case of 1upping the market. If this sells better, they discontinue the lines you mentioned as very close competitors. 

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

They mention racing on the announcement text. But other than that it's just about small improvements here and there. It's a case of 1upping the market. If this sells better, they discontinue the lines you mentioned as very close competitors. 

Yeah but it doesn't make sense to discontinue wheels that have more range, that is what makes most people willing to buy heavy wheels for more battery and range.

7 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Yeah but it doesn't make sense to discontinue wheels that have more range, that is what makes most people willing to buy heavy wheels for more battery and range.

Perhaps. It would be true before.

But with the ET Max 20 A at 168V fast charging and 3000 Wh battery capacity. Also, we don't know how efficient the new controller is. We don't really know how the market will react.

If the EX30 or Commander Pro for that matter don't sell anymore, I can see Begode dropping them.

As of right now, who knows. We know so little about the ET Max.

The little tease is not enough to answer many questions.

But it did do its job of generating a lot of interest from the community.

The CGI images looks enticing, and so are the spec's, as usual.

Both the EX30 and Extreme were all hyped up at launch too.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

In like 1 week there has been 3 announcements from begode so far.

Commander Super Alpha turbo

Youraubsome unveiled a blanket. 

and now this wheel. 

Options can be a good thing.. but its getting hard to consume all of these products and be excited for the minor differences. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

In like 1 week there has been 3 announcements from begode so far.

Commander Super Alpha turbo

Youraubsome unveiled a blanket. 

and now this wheel. 

Options can be a good thing.. but its getting hard to consume all of these products and be excited for the minor differences. 

To me, the more the merrier.

I don't make a habit of pre-ordering after watching a launch presentation.

I am happy riding my S22 right now. I will patiently wait it out until all the dust has settled. I will read the online reviews and owners' thoughts, and test ride the wheels on my short list and then make a choice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

What do we want in terms of prerelease questions for this machine, preparing a questionaire list for Begode: 
- Net weight
- Dimensions
- Pedal height range? 
- Photos of the CNC body structure, what material is used? 
- Graph shock & rebound performance 
- Demonstration of the 'effective' range of suspension travel 
- Will there be the 900lb spring option on the shock, will this be offered as standard? 
- Independent feeds into the board? 
- Thermal properties of the controller, expected W/cm under different loads
- How has the Begode stress tested this new 10th generation controller architecture?
- Photos of the new permanent magnets on the rotor
- Gauge of phase wiring to the motor
- Dyno data of the motor: torque/rpm & efficiency at different RPM
- Motor bearings type, ABEC class?, seals applied to the bearings?
- Waterproofing measures of the controller bay, motor, wire inputs, IP X6 rating/testing? 
- Charge-port is NOT live
- What is the gauge of wiring from charge-port to pack? 
- Has BG tested 20A charging with a thermal camera? 
- How are the battery packs sealed? 
- Packs of unequal voltage, is there a cross-feed & current regulation?
- Over-voltage protection handling?  
- What are the capabilities/specifications of the BMS? 
- Can the BMS firmware be updated from the App? 
- Largest compatible tire? Does the rim support tubeless? Knobby option? What model tire are they proposing as stock?
- Board/pack fault condition handling/alerting. Map out possible fault conditions, which ones are surviable?
- What 'lessons learned' can be adopted from other Begode releases to incorporate into this release?      

This is an exhaustive questionaire. If you get 50% of these questions answered by Begode that would already be a win. I would request if we could see better real life pictures of the wheel, not 3d renders or pics hindered by watermarks. Videos would be nice. Wondering how the top speedometer display looks like 

• Like 1