The Photo Thread

SlowMo

In my area it started raining in October and has not stopped. I need three dry days in a row to mow my lawn and that has not happened in four months. :angry: I live on a steep hill. Walking across my yard could start a mud slide. :facepalm:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RockyTop said:

In my area it started raining in October and has not stopped. I need three dry days in a row to mow my lawn and that has not happened in four months. :angry: I live on a steep hill. Walking across my yard could start a mud slide. :facepalm:

I suppose that somewhat explains the profile photo with jacked up jeep wrangler. Is that a winch on the front bumper?

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I suppose that somewhat explains the profile photo with jacked up jeep wrangler. Is that a winch on the front bumper?

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

Yes, 11,000 pound winch,  It is a street legal rock crawler. 42” tires, air locked Dana 44 axles, atlas twin stick transfer case, custom 4 link suspension, family roll cage, front, side and rear protective slide bars.

I just zoomed in on your profile picture thanks to Lutalo. Sweet ride! You have some money wrapped up in that beast! Did you perform the mods yourself?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just zoomed in on your profile picture thanks to Lutalo. Sweet ride! You have some money wrapped up in that beast! Did you perform the mods yourself?

The previous owner put a lot of money into it. Most of what he did was bolt on. I worked with what was there and brought everything together.  I lowered the body about 4”, (less top heavy) Moved the axles 14” further apart, improved the steering linkage, replaced all the goofy bolt on brackets with welded mounts, and customized the bumper now that the steering box is mounted in the bumper. 

I don’t do serious rock crawling even though the rig could. I just like to be over prepared for the trails I ride and the people I ride with. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

The previous owner put a lot of money into it. Most of what he did was bolt on. I worked with what was there and brought everything together.  I lowered the body about 4”, (less top heavy) Moved the axles 14” further apart, improved the steering linkage, replaced all the goofy bolt on brackets with welded mounts, and customized the bumper now that the steering box is mounted in the bumper. 

I don’t do serious rock crawling even though the rig could. I just like to be over prepared for the trails I ride and the people I ride with. 

It appears that your expertise brought the Jeep together into a well conceived rolling behemoth.  Congrats! :thumbup:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Yes, 11,000 pound winch,  It is a street legal rock crawler. 42” tires, air locked Dana 44 axles, atlas twin stick transfer case, custom 4 link suspension, family roll cage, front, side and rear protective slide bars.

Rock crawling can be a nice family and community outdoor activity. I ride trails that would be very difficult for a stock Jeep yet easy for this Jeep. 

Wow! Seems like you are ready for anything with that beast. I have always admired extreme offroaders like yours. Incredibly capable.

My toney Mercedes SUV is a wimp by comparison.

It could probably do okay offroad, but I don't trust the durability of the air suspension. I recently changed all four air suspension bags on the airmatic suspension for $WTF! :o. I won't be doing any serious offloading with my poseur SUV. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RockyTop said:

So now @Marty Backe can get picked up when he do range test in hills. Sweet 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Because you have so much opportunity to do that where you live...   :P

I have an idea! Let's take my Gothenburg and Marty's LA, then average the climates between them! He will get a few thousand percent more rain, and cold wet winds from the sea, I'll get a few thousand percent more sun and warmer temperatures!

Sounds like the perfect setup! Doesn't it @Marty Backe?

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Scatcat said:

I have an idea! Let's take my Gothenburg and Marty's LA, then average the climates between them! He will get a few thousand percent more rain, and cold wet winds from the sea, I'll get a few thousand percent more sun and warmer temperatures!

Sounds like the perfect setup! Doesn't it @Marty Backe?

I'll only trade a little of LA's weather for some of your grand scenery :D

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

Well this is my city three years ago in april, as the sun slowly found its way down into the sea...

gothenburg-sunset-1200.thumb.jpg.e99305d6ba128fe0261f974e8143d58f.jpg

Nice view. Unfortunately I was thinking more about your countryside :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice view. Unfortunately I was thinking more about your countryside :)

Well @Scatcat is a city rat 😉.

I am more like a country mouse. 🤠😇 

Do you were thinking of this? (hmm I don't know what this mean)

Correction: @Marty Backe were you thinking more like these pictures, when you refered to country side?

This was the easiest way to share a bunch of old last summer pictures.

Note to Marty: notice many parts look green, no desserts super dry landscapes. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A bit of snow and an unexpected driver.

Looks like perfect riding conditions :wacko:  That truck - happens just about every time I ride around town.

New camera? Footage looks real clean and smooooth.

38 minutes ago, trya said:

1xbUsNr.jpg

does it remind you of something? Inmotion V3? 1300W? Relax! This is not a new model, and this is not an old model of EUC. Just a skillet :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PKKW3O

Hey, we can get inspiration from many places. In this skillet you can see where the tire goes and that pedal just needs to be a little wider and flatter :thumbup: It's got a nice shape to it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trya said:

1xbUsNr.jpg

does it remind you of something? Inmotion V3? 1300W? Relax! This is not a new model, and this is not an old model of EUC. Just a skillet :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PKKW3O

I like it! ......maybe GotWay can steal some styling from it. What was Nikola Tesla’s middle name? 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

I like it! ......maybe GotWay can steel some styling from it. What was Nikola Tesla’s middle name? 

Apparently he didn’t have one... I’ll be the first to predict the GotWay Edison and GotWay Thomas as their next gen 16” wheels, possibly followed by the GotWay Alva :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Apparently he didn’t have one... I’ll be the first to predict the GotWay Edison and GotWay Thomas as their next gen 16” wheels, possibly followed by the GotWay Alva :laughbounce2:

Sure! Then the Edison could steal all the good ideas and claim them as his own.

Is anyone else confused that the Tesla runs on DC power? :blink1:

• Like 2