Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

the video is okay.  but it doesnt show the extreme handling trail jumps,  and the terrain is tame compared to other off road videos.  thank you for posting !!!  we do get to see the suspension in action...

Everyone on this thread: Are you favoring this wheel over the Patton for street riding, and why? Educate me!

(I am deliberately bumping this thread, because like everyone else, I can't wait for the reviews and the tear-down.)

On 7/7/2023 at 6:31 PM, jmsjms said:

Everyone on this thread: Are you favoring this wheel over the Patton for street riding, and why? Educate me!

my non expert view:

EB commander mini - street riding 

Patton - street riding / off-road riding

Extreme -  crazy drops, jumps, bashing down the rocky track like WattSingleTrack (https://www.youtube.com/@wattssingletrack8874/videos)

I think the Patton is the best most rounded one of the bunch while mini have the higher potential to rip on the streets. Extreme is for 1% enthusiasts that want to abuse the wheels. 

6 hours ago, Drunkard said:

Extreme is for 1% enthusiasts that want to abuse the wheels. 

Would it be fair to say that the rider in the video might be under 80 kilos in weight? Irrespective, there was a fair knock with the second from last, stair-clearing flying leap, it sounded and looked like the wheel bottomed out?

Edited by Freeforester

All I can say 'it's begode'. So far for all the wheels of this new design people are changing the suspension linkage and changing the shocks. Master, T4, Ex30. I'm not surprised that wheels don't handle these kind of drops from the box, and people buy these wheels with the intent to tinker and replace some bit to allow them to do so. 

My T4 is running the stock suspension for now. I do get loud clunks when riding and hitting the roots. I'm not sure tbh if it's a clunk on bottom out or a clunk on full extension of the suspension :efefb6a84e:  going down a curb seems fine.. I need to get a camera and film myself and see from the side 

On 7/7/2023 at 5:31 PM, jmsjms said:

(I am deliberately bumping this thread, because like everyone else, I can't wait for the reviews and the tear-down.)

extreme and CMini are way faster than Patton on streets

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, adrianqbs said:

I was one of th first T4 V1 owners and have been using it very happily. The only real complaint I have is with regards to the charging board. Just took over a Master V2 from a friend. Gonna put that through it's paces on some trails this weekend. The suspension on the T4 is wayyyy better, but the power on the Master is insane.

Even with the aftermarket mods for the Begode wheels, it was still comparatively cheap and simple. The suspension system seems to be the simplest and generally reliable, even if it doesn't perform as well or as comfortably as the competitors. 

Hou Ning Ning sliders for he S22 were expesnive and went through 3 or 4 iterations before it's feeling really good now. Even then, the bearing can be viewed as a consumable item.

Not sure about aftermarket mods for the shocks on the new Leaper Kim and Extreme Bulls wheels. But looks like the shocks do have some reports of leaking and do require some occasional servicing. And the amount of screws required to be gotten through to perform any maintenance is mental.

So much fud in these type of posts, it's frustrating to read. You're coming off as extremely biased (pun intended). All shocks will eventually require maintenance, fastace shocks leaking from factory is a QC problem covered by warranty, and QC issues in general is something that we have lots of specially on Begode wheels. Meanwhile a lot of people with begode suspension wheel buy expensive replacement shock and/or linkage so it's funny that you single out S22 sliders, and no bearings don't require a lot of maintenance. Overall maintenance on Patton or Sherman S is not difficult it's actually quite easy.

Oh btw I forgot, you think the custom made stanchions and graphite bushings on Begode wheels will last forever? Those are definitely "consumable" parts.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Unfortunately there is a lot of BS in this community in general. Getting through all the brand loyalty nonsense to get any real info is becoming not worth it. I just hope people looking to buy wheels are not purchasing them based off of anything other than doing their own research on what will work for them.

The amount of incorrect information I got from the community when looking to purchase my last wheel was really annoying and made it really hard to come to a real decision. Every piece of info on suspension, build quality, ease of working on wheels, safety, etc, was mostly nonsense. Most of it based on 100% brand loyalty

You are so right the information we get here rarely corresponds to reality. But I think that's because the wheels feel absolutely perfect until we do the first service on it. Then all the flaws and the cheating that has been done on the wheel are revealed.
Buying an EUC in today's situation is equivalent to speculating on the stock market. All the fun can come to an end and we who invested must bear the consequences. You can see how my latest investment went on my blog svanfelt.com.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Unfortunately there is a lot of BS in this community in general. ....... Every piece of info on suspension, build quality, ease of working on wheels, safety, etc, was mostly nonsense. Most of it based on 100% brand loyalty

well said jimjam,  but i do see some good bits of info in this pile of euc info.  unfortunately, one has to read say 10 topics to come across 1 that would be of use or offer valuable info to the reader.  as for all the review video-graphers on youtube,  i have given up on watching all that shit.  i find it more useful to drop by a PEV store and chat with other riders,  and the tech-repair guys at the back of the store.  and besides,  i will spend my money and support the local business rather than spending on buying an euc online and adding to the video-graphers coffers...

Edited by bpong
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, bpong said:

well said jimjam,  but i do see some good bits of info in this pile of euc info.  unfortunately, one has to read say 10 topics to come across 1 that would be of use or offer valuable info to the reader.  as for all the review video-graphers on youtube,  i have given up on watching all that shit.  i find it more useful to drop by a PEV store and chat with other riders,  and the tech-repair guys at the back of the store.  and besides,  i will spend my money and support the local business rather than spending on buying an euc online and adding to the video-graphers coffers...

Don't get me wrong. There are many good people on this forum for information and things. You start to learn who to interact with for real information, but like you said it becomes tiring to weed through the posts to find the real ones.

I have to agree that people should either go to their local shops.. Or speak to their shop if its not local. I typically get really good information from them vs most other people.

Edit: I have to post something on topic.. because I always feel bad about going off course. Here is WattsSingleTrack 500 mile review. The wheel looks amazing, especially if you are into trail riding.. I just feel like this review was rushed out to get in first and as always with this wheel, it really was made for him, by him.. So take some of it with a grain of salt.

Overall looks like a really nice job designing and creating this wheel!

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 1

Chance is fun to watch the way he rides but he's very biased towards Begode and not great at technical stuff but at the same time he is also very vocal about his opinions so it's hard to take what he says at face value.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2023 at 1:41 PM, Cerbera said:

WattsSingleTrack has been on (and occasionally flying off) his Extreme for 500 miles now...

Man, that guy literally FLIES through woodland - it's like the speeder bikes on Endor out of Star Wars !

Looks like good wheel specs for his riding. But do I hear a constant rattle from the wheel (whenever it’s on the ground)? And clunking at the rock crawling. As if the stanchions were rattling in their seats or something.

On 7/11/2023 at 3:59 PM, jimjam.nyc said:

Every piece of info on suspension, build quality, ease of working on wheels, safety, etc, was mostly nonsense. Most of it based on 100% brand loyalty.

I think there’s a lot more to it than brand loyalty. People have hugely differing amounts of skill in how they are able to assess wheels’ properties, how they have access to different wheels, and how good they are at writing/talking about them. And whether they are capable of considering other use cases than their own.

Also a basic human trait is to find extra support for their purchase choices, especially since EUCs are big investments. One tries to remain satisfied with their choice by looking at it in the best light possible. 

On 7/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, Rawnei said:

A lot of people just follow someone else's opinion, they see a youtuber hyping up something or having a strong opinion about something and follow along with no skepticism or filters at all.

ABSOLUTELY! This even shows in which ride modes people use. If someone famous tells you how good something is, you take it in and adjust your own assessment to fit. “I was told Begodes are the best, but I have had to repair mine way too much. Having to repair must be a good feature then.” Etc.

Other’s opinions are not automatically yours no matter how much you look up to them.

51 minutes ago, DavidB said:

I enjoyed watching Chance's video but I can understand why the engineers in China are not his fans. The stuff he said about tires and rims was incorrect. The 3.00-12 on the tire is not the rim size the tire manufacturers build the tire for. In fact if he had looked, it says on the sidewall that the tire is designed for rim 2.15x12. This is basically the same TOPSIN tire that is on the T4 (RIM 2.1x12) and the Patton (RIM 2.15x12). Now I can understand it might be better on singletrack with the wider than recommended rim, not only as more metal will add strength but it will square up the profile giving a greater contact patch for braking and acceleration on dirt. However people should be aware that the same squared profile I suspect will do the Extreme no favours turning on the asphalt. This of course will be of no consequence for Chance but it is misleading for him to state the tire was designed for a 3inch rim.

Glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed by that bit of misinformation.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, DavidB said:

The stuff he said about tires and rims was incorrect. The 3.00-12 on the tire is not the rim size the tire manufacturers build the tire for. In fact if he had looked, it says on the sidewall that the tire is designed for rim 2.15x12. This is basically the same TOPSIN tire that is on the T4 (RIM 2.1x12) and the Patton (RIM 2.15x12).

14 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that was annoyed by that bit of misinformation.

I have to chime in here also, as I think Chance does not Always have the technical knowledge he comes across as possessing and because he has an online following, he very often misinforms the sheep.

From my observation, I DO NOT even think that the Extreme rim is 3 inches wide as he claims, more than likely instead to be a specifically wider rim made to better accommodate 3 inch wide tyres in the region of approximately 2.2-2.3x12.

My reasoning for this is based on the fact that Ecodrift recently gave the award of widest rim to the EX30 and I DO NOT personally believe the 12 inch diameter Extreme rim would be wider still than that fitted to the EX30!

Ecodrift measured the EX30 rim and stated 58mm (2.283 inches) between the beads and 72mm externally across the width of the rim and I personally would expect BeGodeWay to go with the very same dimensions for the Extreme, definitely not wider as Chance claims!

All images and text extracted from the Ecodrift EX30 teardown: Begode EX30. Dismantling – ECODRIFT

razbiraem-monokoleso-begode-ex30-73.jpg

The total width of the rim is 71.8mm.

razbiraem-monokoleso-begode-ex30-74.jpg

The width of one side of the rim is 7mm. By simple calculations of 72-7 * 2 = 58mm, we get the landing width of the rim tire. In my opinion, this is the widest rim.

razbiraem-monokoleso-begode-ex30-75.jpg

Rim profile. The central recess is slightly pronounced, which can cause problems when installing particularly hard tires.

• Upvote 2