Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

Ronin Ryder

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

and, No Jack. Your "pit viper glasses" do not give you the "extra cool look." The term "cool" does not come to mind wearing safety glasses to unbox something.

Like I say, it’s a U2/Bono thing. Possibly from earlier on, like from….. ‘The unforgettable fire’ 🔥🔥🔥

• Haha 1

Looking at the latest Facebook meltdown, unfortunately any negative comments about this wheel weather major or minor are going to be met with alot of flak.

It's a shame because the wheel looks pretty good. I feel like every time there is drama around a wheel release it becomes harder to get to the real details on how it performs and holds up.

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I feel like every time there is drama around a wheel release it becomes harder to get to the real details on how it performs and holds up.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^100%

On 8/10/2023 at 3:39 AM, EMA said:

the amount of social trash talk is unreal these days :popcorn:

Personally, I don't see a problem. 

Over time, on hindsight, one will be able to see whose opinions and biases, how much, and in what way, are aligned with one's own.

And in any case, if one want to be safe, just wait for six months after owners have received their wheels. All the truths will be known. No guesses.

For example, I bought an Abrams knowingly that it was a cutout wheel about one year after it was released. I did my due diligence. And guess what. It turned out really well.

I have to say Kevin at e-rides knows what he is talking about regarding the Abrams. If you want to buy an Abrams and don't want to do the work yourself, buy it from e-rides.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tomallo said:

What's that about? Can you post a link / summarize?

Looks like it was taken down. Probably a good thing.

Basically the wheel took a tumble and had some small damage.  Nothing crazy. Which to me was pretty good.

But apparently that was enough to set someone off on a bit of rant about how the Pattons batteries fall out, and the reviewer lies, or something along those lines.

It was becoming obvious online that if anyone has any objective opinion on this wheel that the person helping develop doesn't agree with, him and his followers will let you know you are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I really hope eWheels offers the 40T Begode Extreme with a street tire because that would be a perfect upgrade from Nikola+ for commuting. Water resistance, speaker, good speed and power, etc. Please no trail elitists saying this wheel is only for off-roading. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleRiderUSA said:

I really hope eWheels offers the 40T Begode Extreme with a street tire because that would be a perfect upgrade from Nikola+ for commuting. Water resistance, speaker, good speed and power, etc. Please no trail elitists saying this wheel is only for off-roading. 

No argument from me, this wheel could be a fantastic urban commuter! I’m keeping my eye on its release…….👀

• Like 3

still havent decided this or the mini....didnt like that it has only one charge port...my only big bummer...i did scrap t4 from my list also the patton for my use it is  too big...this new wheels are just a lot better. hopefully some mini vs extreme reviews will come up...still waiting also what will inmotion cook up in the 16 inch department....still holding my cash...

Edited by FarkyJ
  • Like 1

from the chinese sites i read there are two versions of the extreme. spring and air shock version....which would be for me better?...i already lost almost 70lbs to get ready for this hobby so iam 6.0 and and 210 now...probably could squeze another 20lbs..shold i go with spring + buy a new spring absorber or should go just with airshock...kinda confused now.

Edited by FarkyJ
  • Like 1

Does anyone know of the pwm tiltback on the extreme will be progressive? Like if it will tilt back earlier when the battery is at a lower charge? I saw the spec sheet but it didn't seem clear to me.

45 minutes ago, Poker said:

Does anyone know of the pwm tiltback on the extreme will be progressive? Like if it will tilt back earlier when the battery is at a lower charge? I saw the spec sheet but it didn't seem clear to me.

When you say progressive I'm thinking about how it behaves not when it engages.

PWM is a intimately coupled with battery charge because it's the power output of the motor so yes tiltback will engage earlier at lower charge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

When you say progressive I'm thinking about how it behaves not when it engages.

Fair point, and thanks for elaborating. I just remember looking through euc world settings and seeing the tilt back on current  (amperage) settings on another wheel so I was just hoping begode wasn't referencing such a setting.

I'm going a bit off topic here but did any eucs have instant full tilt back in the past? 

7 minutes ago, Poker said:

Fair point, and thanks for elaborating. I just remember looking through euc world settings and seeing the tilt back on current  (amperage) settings on another wheel so I was just hoping begode wasn't referencing such a setting.

I'm going a bit off topic here but did any eucs have instant full tilt back in the past? 

What do you mean?

Many EUC's have tiltback based on speed instead of PWM which I think sucks, PWM based tiltback is more rare and something that is starting to come now, Patton, Extreme, etc.

46 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What do you mean?

I was just ( for fun) asking about if some older wheels had non-progressive tilt back. Like instant full tiltback once you reach 1kmh  or 1 amp over the limit.

2 minutes ago, Poker said:

I was just ( for fun) asking about if some older wheels had non-progressive tilt back. Like instant full tiltback once you reach 1kmh  or 1 amp over the limit.

Yes some models have very harsh tiltback, for example the 16x, the most progressive tiltback was in Freestylers custom firmware which has amazing tiltback, don't think any manufacturer successfully emulated that yet.

Now that the adventure specs have been released, extreme is fully in production, patton and mini are out.. I think I am done chasing the specs of wheels until there is a new innovation. (thank god, dont have to spend anymore money)

It is always interesting to see, read the specs and chat about it.. but its becoming a pissing contest literally every month.. All of these wheels seem to be in the realm of each other and I am really starting to believe it doesn't matter anymore which one you buy. Even the reviews are starting to look like repeats of each other. With the wheels looking like each other, acting like each other, etc.. It is kind of hard to tell the difference anymore.

3 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I think I am done chasing the specs of wheels until there is a new innovation.

I am starting to realise that a lot of the specs we are getting don't really say the whole story.

Do we need to know how much current we typically draw [riding in different scenario's, styles and rider stats] and how this translates with each wheel?

I'm guessing we should be looking at the continuous and peak current capabilities of the motherboards, the cables, motors and how the batteries are able to provide this too. Comparing this against each wheel (of the same class) might help us make an informed decision. On top of all this the firmware controls this for each wheel too. Its certainly very hard to guess without the means to try out the wheels.

58 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

All of these wheels seem to be in the realm of each other

The big one for me is ease of maintenance and aftermarket support. Begode seems to be doing great at this compared to kingsong or even inmotion locally. Begode sends out parts no questions asked where as inmotion needs you to fully diagnose your wheel and then kingsong seems to try to not help you as much as possible. 

Plus with the new "enthusiast" style pricing on begodes, it makes price to performance almost no brainer. 

44 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I'm guessing we should be looking at the continuous and peak current capabilities of the motherboards, the cables, motors and how the batteries are able to provide this too.

I think we have hit the point where adding more batteries and capacitors wont impact performance as much. We already have the capabilities hardware wise. The most recent firmware update for begode wheels reminded me that whats driving all that power is in the firmware. Refined firmware can legit change the way a wheel handles

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1