Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

6 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

No I don't think so, they don't have the expertise and know-how that is needed and they aren't consulting any 3rd party so they have shown time and time again that they are not capable in this area.

Yeah I didn't predict it would be brilliant, just probably better than what came before, and they have had 3 or 4 models to improve with on the the way here. And people do say, for example that T4 suspension is better than Master, and MP better again than both, so I think there is a slight upward curve here.

But I should bow out of this - as someone who has never experienced what you all seem to refer to as 'wonderful suspension', I have always found even the V1 Master's stock setup perfectly acceptable in all but the roughest of stony trails, so presumably I don't know what I am missing !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah I didn't predict it would be brilliant, just probably better than what came before, and they have had 3 or 4 models to improve with on the the way here. And people do say, for example that T4 suspension is better than Master, and MP better again than both, so I think there is a slight upward curve here.

But I should bow out of this - as someone who has never experienced what you all seem to refer to as 'wonderful suspension', I have always found even the V1 Master's stock setup perfectly acceptable in all but the roughest of stony trails, so presumably I don't know what I am missing !

There were people who said the stock Master suspension (not even the upgraded one) was good also so that doesn't weigh heavy with me. 😂

EX30 suspension is serviceable but not great.

The positive thing is that my skepticism leaves a lot of room for surprise. 🤣 Not that I plan on getting another Begode wheel anytime soon.

1 hour ago, jmsjms said:

When are we going to see the Extreme reviews?

Well, according to Max Begode on Facebook, she wrote down on a whiteboard that the Begode Extreme will be ready by the end of July.

I suppose the demo wheels will be shipped out around that timeframe.

It looks like Chance is a tester. On Facebook, he showed a picture of a box in his possession, and stated an unboxing video of the Extreme will be released very soon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Is that the ‘pre-distressed’ model? Lol!  Guessing someone else had a few rounds with it but didn’t last like Chance does.

Chance stated that this is a "very close" to production version. Specifically sent to him (as he's been involved in its design) for full trail testing/assessment and feedback of any final changes necessary! He was also sent spare parts and a coil shock along with the installed air shock to allow testing the feel/performance of both options.

Edit:

I have also read on FB that Chance has Begode sending him over 40T battery packs to swap out the current 50E set up, also adding to the scope of his performance evaluation of the Extreme.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have to say that I am biased about his opinion anyway, but the statement at minute 8:06 confirmed it again. 

These crappy sliders are still stuck to this day due to poor dimensional accuracy on every model, whether T4, EX30 or the latest batch Master. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

These crappy sliders are still stuck to this day due to poor dimensional accuracy on every model, whether T4, EX30 or the latest batch Master. 

I also was hoping for better slider.

I guess one step at a time.

Got to wait and see how build quality has improved over the EX30.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Is anyone else here waiting for the reviews... in order to make a decision whether it will be the Extreme or the Patton (for street riding)?

The Extreme specs look great, but I trust Leaperkim's quality and engineering more than I trust Begode's.  I made my decision several months ago when the Extreme was still a rumor.  

Patton with the H626 street tire from eWheels for me. Now, if it would only get here.  😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jmsjms said:

Is anyone else here waiting for the reviews... in order to make a decision whether it will be the Extreme or the Patton (for street riding)?

I also went with the patton, just due to the fact it is not being built as 1 community members dream wheel. I think community input is great, but these companies are going towards popular riders for input.(due to exposure on social media) Not everyone rides, or wants to ride what people put on youtube. The extreme is looking to be a wheel for 1 type of ride and rider.. Which i guess is fine considering Begode has so many other wheels for everyone else.. So not really complaint, just a good reason this wheel is not really for me as I dont ride trails.

All of that being said, the extreme looks good. Specs look good, and the choices going into it look good. My only complaint by what we have seen so far would be that the thing looks so tall and top heavy.

Edited by jimjam.nyc
spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

being built as 1 community members dream wheel. I think community input is great, but these companies are going towards popular riders for input.(due to exposure on social media) Not everyone rides, or wants to ride what people put on youtube. The extreme is looking to be a wheel for 1 type of ride and rider.

The Begode Extreme is currently ranked second on the best-selling list at Alienrides. Maybe there is a market for that kind of wheel in the US.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The Begode Extreme is currently ranked second on the best-selling list at Alienrides. Maybe there is a market for that kind of wheel in the US.

I am 100 percent positive there is an audience for this wheel. It looks great. After getting on the Patton for a bit now, the appeal for a smallerish wheel with torque and suspension is there. 

I just recognize the extreme as awesome as it looks may not be for everyone. Especially with it being sold as a 100% trail wheel by the people helping build it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I just recognize the extreme as awesome as it looks may not be for everyone. Especially with it being sold as a 100% trail wheel by the people helping build it!

A trail wheel is a road wheel too, but not the other way around, right?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jmsjms said:

A trail wheel is a road wheel too, but not the other way around, right?

Any wheel can be ridden anywhere i truly believe.. but I would think a trail wheel could be ridden on a road easier than the opposite.

It does seem with the suspension wheels these days they truly are mostly hybrid depending on the tire you have on it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

The Extreme specs look great, but I trust Leaperkim's quality and engineering more than I trust Begode's.  I made my decision several months ago when the Extreme was still a rumor.  

Patton with the H626 street tire from eWheels for me. Now, if it would only get here.  😀

From seeing the leaperkim suspension issues local where I am, I still much prefer the linkage design of begode. Cheaper and easier to maintain/replace down the line. I am fairly confident the extreme will be good coming from the ex30. Just depends if they can get that smart bms right. The patton doesnt have a smart bms

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

From seeing the leaperkim suspension issues local where I am, I still much prefer the linkage design of begode. Cheaper and easier to maintain/replace down the line. I am fairly confident the extreme will be good coming from the ex30. Just depends if they can get that smart bms right. The patton doesnt have a smart bms

I take it you didn't see all the Begode suspension issues or just choose to ignore it. 😅

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I take it you didn't see all the Begode suspension issues or just choose to ignore it. 😅

The suspension on Begode can easily be modified and improved by the user. Leaperkim not. So if both have problems, with one is best for the customer? The one you can fix and improve or the one you can not. I prefer it just working out of the box, but at the moment.... NONE have proven to do so. 

Some have bad linkage, some bad shock, some bad sliders. Some more than one..... but NONE have done it good so far. Sure Leaperkim have the suspension with the best "feel" to it. But brackets are failing as well as oil leakage on way to many. 

I was all against Begode after getting my Master. But now after fiddling with a s22 (looks good, but crappy bolts, and really bad slider system for off road), as well as seen the Leaperkims fail one by one.... I am back believing Begode might actually be the best option for me as it is all DIY fixable.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EUCzero said:

The suspension on Begode can easily be modified and improved by the user. Leaperkim not.

This is simply not true.  A very easy mod for the Leaperkim/Fast Ace suspension is to use a different weight oil.  Oil seals are common and easily replaced.  I haven't seen a different spring used yet, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.  I don't think that anyone has experimented with the shim stacks yet, but that has the potential for very fine tuning.  I believe the reason we haven't seen people experimenting with rhe suspensions more is because they just work out of the box. 

Sure, you can't drop in a completely different brand of shocks like you can with the linkage suspensions, but is that really a problem or a perceived problem?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1