Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

48 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

$3490 - who buys this over the Patton at this price.  Needs to be $2600 - $2800.  How can they charge more than the Master for this wheel?  

yeah, at that price i would not buy this over the patton. It would need a bigger battery at that price for me personally because at $3500 that's damn near the price of 3600Wh wheels WITH suspension

if i were to bet they are probably going to knock the price down closer to the patton, probably 100-150 dollars more than the patton

Edited by BKW

33 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

How can they charge more than the Master for this wheel?  

I think there is a lot more metalwork in this than the Master. And combined with bigger, waterproof motor etc, addition of speaker systems, and what looks like better pads - I can sort of see how it came out more expensive.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, BKW said:

if i were to bet they are probably going to knock the price down closer to the patton, probably 100-150 dollars more than the patton

Agreed.  EWheels dropped the price of the Patton within a few days of the initial release.  I still think the price needs to be less than Patton by at least $100.  Just my $0.02.  I still think $2800 is the right price.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Agreed.  EWheels dropped the price of the Patton within a few days of the initial release.  I still think the price needs to be less than Patton by at least $100.  Just my $0.02.  I still think $2800 is the right price.

Yeah, but begode's style has always been 100-200 dollars more for the same LeaperKim product typically, so I don't see them bringing the price lower, especially since it has higher voltage and all that jazz. They will price it no lower than the patton i bet

16in and 134v is great. That handle in front surprises me. On a 16in it shouldn't be necessary for use while riding. I wish more of the 18+in wheels had one.

At only 2kg lighter than the Master, hmm..... But yes, I get that's it's a track racing wheel for getting on the podium.

8 hours ago, BKW said:

The ex30 did pretty well so far on that too...

I have over 800 miles on my EX30, have zero issues with it. I'm having an absolute blast, a couple friends of mine also absolutely love theirs and haven't complained about them.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

looks like it has a face-stand.

Not sure if serious? But no it does not, has a front handle though.

5 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

$3490 - who buys this over the Patton at this price.  Needs to be $2600 - $2800.  How can they charge more than the Master for this wheel?  

Waterproofing this ‘special’ doesn’t come cheap - I think you’re also forgetting the fact that the trolley handle doubles as a periscope, and the front and rear facing floodable torpedo tubes, all to help sink the good ship Leaperkim before the SS Patton leaves port; and that motor….

F089B022-37B3-4407-AFA3-63E47259DFA5.jpeg

• Like 1

"

• This wheel’s primary focus will be its lightweight chassis, which provides greater agility and flexibility than other wheels in its category.

"

I like what they are saying. Let's wait and see how it will turn out :)

The new pads design from BG is quite ugly for me.. I tested EX30 with stock pads and the material they use was so hard.. I guess with some after market pads this wheel could look quite pretty. 

3500usd for 17" and small battery, hmmmmmmm

Its almost price of ex30 with same motor and better battery.
ComanderPro (also with better battery) and comanderMini may be even cheaper.

Edited by Greg X

15 minutes ago, Greg X said:

ComanderPro (also with better battery) and comanderMini may be even cheaper.

What people are saying is that the build quality of the Commander Pro is below even that of the Begode wheels. Someone even suggested that Extreme Bull should get the Commander Pro built in Begode manufacturing facilities. You may not be comparing apples to apples.

Begode has said not that long ago that they will improve build quality and waterproofing on future wheels from that point forward.  

The Extreme could be the first of these higher quality wheels. 

Why not wait and see exactly what the Extreme is before prematurely condemning it.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Greg X said:

3500usd for 17" and small battery, no thank you.

My V12 with an aftermarket scooter tire of 2.75-12 size already has an overall tire diameter about 17.75", when mounted and inflated on stock rim.

These new wave of 16" wheels are using 3.00-12 size tires. Highly doubt the overall tire diameter will be 17".

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Sure, they can make Extreme a $2800 wheel. But you would also get a $2800 wheel too.

You make it sound as if $2800 was a cheap wheel. I’m not going to agree with that. Two years ago $2400 was an expensive, high-quality, 1800Wh wheel. Three years ago $2400 was an expensive, high quality, 1500Wh suspension wheel.

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

People asked for higher build quality and better waterproofing, but they don't want to pay for it.

Yes, because they compare what they get from other manufacturers. Higher build quality and better waterproofing for not much more money. I think for less in some cases.

54 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Begode has said not that long ago that they will improve build quality and waterproofing on future wheels from that point forward.  

The Extreme could be the first of these higher quality wheels.

Wasn’t A2 the first though? You know, the Throw-into-lake -wheel that gets water inside the headlight in it’s official announcement video…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

My V12 with an aftermarket scooter tire of 2.75-12 size already has an overall tire diameter about 17.75", when mounted and inflated on stock rim.

These new wave of 16" wheels are using 3.00-12 size tires. Highly doubt the overall tire diameter will be 17".

Unfamiliar with the tread pattern on the Begode Extreme and as just a rendering no brand given but CST make 2 similar knobbies 3.00-12. One has an outside diametre of 18.3 inches and the other 18.7 inches so I guess we should stop calling them 16 inch wheels as they are not 16 inches. The rim is 12 and the tire diametre is 18+.

15 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yes, because they compare what they get from other manufacturers. Higher build quality and better waterproofing for not much more money. I think for less in some cases.

Can you provide the examples.

16 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Wasn’t A2 the first though? You know, the Throw-into-lake -wheel that gets water inside the headlight in it’s official announcement video…

Like I said, I don't even know if the Extreme is it. But we have to wait and see.

There are no wheels designed to be submerged. There are not enough customers who would be willing to pay for it.

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

3500usd for 17" and small battery, no thank you.

Its almost price of ex30 with same motor and better battery. ComanderPro (also with better battery) and comanderMini may be even cheaper.

Battery capacity is not everything, we all have different use-cases, this looks like a very attractive off-road and skatepark wheel due to the C40 12" rim and and low weight, same class as Patton but lighter.

14 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Unfamiliar with the tread pattern on the Begode Extreme and as just a rendering no brand given but CST make 2 similar knobbies 3.00-12. One has an outside diametre of 18.3 inches and the other 18.7 inches so I guess we should stop calling them 16 inch wheels as they are not 16 inches. The rim is 12 and the tire diametre is 18+.

Well, the nominal tire sizes are like 16 x 3.00 for bicycle tires, and scooter tire equivalent would be like 2.75-12. The electric wheel manufacturers came up with their own tire labelling, and call the 3.00-12 tires 18" tires. They have done something similar before calling tires 19" and 20" when the nominal tire size on the tire itself say 18".

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

Sure, they can make Extreme a $2800 wheel. But you would also get a $2800 wheel too. 

The pricing makes no sense.  This wheel is essentially the motor and controller out of an EX30, and the batteries out of a Master, with the rim of a T4 and a few other bits and pieces.  It appears that Begode simply took the prices of the EX30 and Master and split the difference instead of basing the price off any sort of cost plus margin calculation.  

Price of the Master + $200 would be reasonable.  Much more than that and they may have another Hero on their hands (great wheel that doesn't sell well because it is over priced for the market demand).

I hope this wheel does have great build quality and sells well, but I think the price is going to be a problem if it stays at $3490.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Short thoughts:

Master about 2900

Extreme 3490

Isn't this a Master with a smaller diameter tire but with added:

- much longer suspension travel

- better damper (we will see) 

- waterproofing 

- bigger pads (hopefully more useful) 

- top handlebars 

- music speakers 

- bigger motor

Depends on how much you need this stuff but at least you're getting something for your 590 bucks. 

Edited by alexbrunoeuc
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, alexbrunoeuc said:

Short thoughts:

Master about 2900

Extreme 3490

Isn't this a Master with a smaller diameter tire but with added:

- much longer suspension travel

- better damper (we will see) 

- waterproofing 

- bigger pads (hopefully more useful) 

- top handlebars 

- music speakers 

- bigger motor

Depends on how much you need this stuff but at least you're getting something for your 590 bucks. 

One big difference would be CNC parts to bring weight down and durability up though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, techyiam said:

When people rejected the higher build quality of the Hero, due to price, Begode gave them the Master.

Hahaha excellent 😎

• Like 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb