Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

visual restyling of Master in the style of newest Extreme model and watherproofing - would be simple and cheap upgrade. 
Begode should think about it this year.

Edited by Greg X

16 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Is this tire as wide as the ex30 tire?

At least as wide, but close enough not to really matter.

16 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Would it provide more stability at high speeds?

More than EX30? Absolutely not, quite the opposite. A smaller tire diameter is always significantly less stable at all speeds.

• Upvote 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

https://alienrides.com/products/begode-extreme-ibex-electric-unicycle 

Extreme Ibex.
total price of $2,999. 

We are currently taking pre-orders for our first batch order. The current expected delivery date is mid-June.

Today's pricing from AR:
Master 2400wh is USD2900
Extreme 2400wh is USD3000

Patton 2200wh is USD3100 at ewheels.

Competitive :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Today's pricing from AR:
Master 2400wh is USD2900
Extreme 2400wh is USD3000

Patton 2200wh is USD3100 at ewheels.

Competitive :)

Interesting. Usually begode prices higher than their competitors for similar products. Will see how this pans out...

2 hours ago, BKW said:

Interesting. Usually begode prices higher than their competitors for similar products. Will see how this pans out...

Considering they have to also price similar to the Master, I really don't see how they had a choice.  I seriously doubt that Extreme Ibex is going to have quality anywhere close to the Patton and I doubt many will be taking full advatage of the difference in performance between the two.  I still think $2800 is the sweet spot for it.

Edited by Rollin-on-1

10 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Being lighter than the Veteran Patton, is this wheel going to have as much torque as the Patton or less?

Should be more. C40 on the EX30 is no joke, most powerful wheel on the market I think, and it should be torquer than the EX30 with less weight and smaller wheel diameter. 

On 4/20/2023 at 10:24 PM, techyiam said:

Patton: 24 mosfet inverters, 680 A peak.

Patton is strong, but >500A is just a marketing dream...
While Patton's FETs are rated for 165A at room temperature, and there are 4 parallel FETs in each circuit, we can never use them this way. Legs melt off capacitors, traces jump off the PCB, etc etc.
Today's top performers manage about 300A motor current (which would be 75A per FET, in this example). 

I think a good way to compare controller specs is by showing the heat dissipation for the same motor current. To the best of the community's knowledge, that's summarized here: 
https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/26282-inmotion-v12-ht-board-more-durable-mos/page/5/#comment-411226

On 4/27/2023 at 4:16 PM, techyiam said:

You mean, although the FET itself is rated at 165A at room temperature, the legs of the FET are not able to support the rated maximum current? 

The FET (including its stubby surface-mount legs) could survive 165A... 
I meant that the through-hole capacitors elsewhere on the controller are under-rated for 600A pulses and unlikely to survive it. The FET is not the only bottleneck. 

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RagingGrandpa said:

The FET (including it's stubby surface-mount legs) could survive 165A... 
I meant that the through-hole capacitors elsewhere on the controller are under-rated for 600A pulses and unlikely to survive it. The FET is not the only bottleneck. 

Sure. That makes more sense. The mosfets are not weakest link in this regard.

Marketing over-hyped the mosfets specs to the whole controller. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:42 AM, The Brahan Seer said:

Short clip of Extreme showing suspension..

I’m guessing the shock absorber wasn’t pumped up in this clip, the strong man seems to easily bottom out the suspension viewed at the upper part of the slider visible?

7 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

I’m guessing the shock absorber wasn’t pumped up in this clip, the strong man seems to easily bottom out the suspension viewed at the upper part of the slider visible?

As you can see it's a coil shock not an air shock, who knows what they are trying to demonstrate here, completely failed marketing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

I believe Begode was trying to demonstrate that the Extreme does not suffer the same early batch suspension issues, such as high stiction, and partial suspension travel utilization, that afflicted the S22 and the Master. In order to achieve this, Begode undersprung the Extreme in the video, with minimal damping, and without a rider.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Short clip of mounted Prototype Extreme drop ..

That’s strange. The suspension barely extends at all when the tire leaves the ground. Pumped way over nominal to survive the drop?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1