7 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Looks very interesting but I wonder how hard it would be to get that on the rim.

I ordered one anyway, very curious to see if/how it would work.

I imagine a humongous PITA! :lol: but some heat and lubricant I imagine would do the trick.

I'm curious myself, which is why I mentioned, please report back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -iB- said:

Nice vid, very promising little wheel.  it's making it much harder for me to resist this... I'm almost tempted to switch my T4 deposit to this instead, but I need at least 1 wheel that can go longer distances!

I kinda miss wheel delimma!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vwneqptof8x5jpglio

• Like 1

Mten4 looks amazing with spec great too but is not mten3 (backpack EUC) anymore what i see is very close to KS16X what i own in meaning how and where i imagine ride it.

I am shure this EUC be KIDS choice number ONE because comapre to mten3 biger tire potencialy can prevent many overleans on potholes or small curbs.

8 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Like everyone else I love the looks of the big headlamp on this wheel.

Hm personally I think it looks awkward, and ditto with the gigantic tail light.  I don't understand why the headlights are so big on a wheel that isn't designed for high speed. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

I don't understand why the headlights are so big on a wheel that isn't designed for high speed. 

Because people who makes these thing don't ride themselves... Otherwise we would have good product, not these "things". 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You're right of course

but ...

1 hour ago, 360rumors said:

Hm personally I think it looks awkward, and ditto with the gigantic tail light.  I don't understand why the headlights are so big on a wheel that isn't designed for high speed. 

I'd prefer it if the case was a simple smooth shape, like a slim minion, that encased the wheel. I'd keep the front light but replace the rear light with a simple tall slim rectangular light in red. Something like this should look fun and cute. Not everything has to look like a futuristic battle tank. The handle should also allow for a shoulder strap option (the girl in the initial image doesn't look strong enough to pick it up by the handle).

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I'd prefer it if the case was a simple smooth shape, like a slim minion, that encased the wheel. I'd keep the front light but replace the rear light with a simple tall slim rectangular light in red. Something like this should look fun and cute. Not everything has to look like a futuristic battle tank. The handle should also allow for a shoulder strap option (the girl in the initial image doesn't look strong enough to pick it up by the handle).

I'd love to be able to fabricate my own outer shells for a few of these different wheel models... really they're just a bit of plastic, right? Seems like it shouldn't be so difficult to do that.

Edited by winterwheel
damn typos

11 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I'd love to be able to fabricate my own outer shells for a few of these different wheel models... really they're just a bit of plastic, right? Seems like it shouldn't be so difficult to do that.

I don't know much about 3D plastic printing but I suspect finding a large enough printer might be difficult, even for the mten4. I suspect you'd want to use ABS plastic as that's what they use on motorcycle fairings. You'd probably have to use vacuum moulding rather than 3D printing. I'm not sure how you'd attach it to the internal frame (assuming there is one). Maybe use the original case for the mould as that would get all the attachments correct but then add your changes to the original shell using 3D printing?

I agree that the designers of EUC cases don't seem to realise that people need to live with the end result. A lot of wheels look like they'd not survive a decent tumble. The older MSX which was very popular was never seen without sticky tape holding the shell together. Even my Nikola, a wheel that is known to be fairly tough, is made from a material that scratches if you even look at the road ... and they could also put a slight dimple for the legs which would allow better braking and accelerating ... and the areas either side of the dimples could be used to absorb impacts and protect the batteries.

• Like 1

Soon the euc makers will offer only wheel "Innings". Buyers can 3D print their own wheel. (Ofc the 3D printing files will cost 49.99$ And will be one time read files only.) So no one else can copy paste the files over internet. :D 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

okay,correction... axle is 17mm, narrower than the mten3's at 19mm, correct me if im wrong.

all wheels, veteran sherman, s18, 16s, ninebot E, gotway monster3 etc, have the 6203 bearing, thus 17mm axle. 

6 minutes ago, enaon said:

all wheels, veteran sherman, s18, 16s, ninebot E, gotway monster3 etc, have the 6203 bearing, thus 17mm axle. 

Can't they simply go 1 bearing size up? Instead of 17mm they could go 20mm. 620I bet most people would love that change. Heck even 6205 the 25mm axle would be great... (Yeah remaking all molds, etc, in manufacturing lineup is "hard", expensive.)

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Can't they simply go 1 bearing size up? Instead of 17mm they could go 20mm. 620I bet most people would love that change. Heck even 6205 the 25mm axle would be great... (Yeah remaking all molds, etc, in manufacturing lineup is "hard", expensive.)

that would be an easy change, only the side cover need to be changed and would allow for thicker wires. But my point is that the mten3 had no "thin" axle, low quality metal maybe. 

38 minutes ago, enaon said:

that would be an easy change, only the side cover need to be changed and would allow for thicker wires. But my point is that the mten3 had no "thin" axle, low quality metal maybe. 

Actually you would need also change motor, as the axle goes true it.. Also pedal hangers - bigger hole. So manufacturers will need to change many things.

I was saying that they would need new molds, etc.. For the machines that make the metals/parts. "Expansive" to change.. But would greatly improve the axle.

Edited by Funky

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Actually you would need also change motor as the axle goes true it.. So manufacturers will need to change many things.

sure, but not that big of a change. 

thanks for the info on the Sherman, sorry for the missinformation