57 minutes ago, ZweemZ said:

not quite the backpack friendly wheel anymore... still i love my two mtens, prolly gonna put one on the market to pre-order this one.

I agree it seems larger / bulkier

7 hours ago, Tawpie said:

A 6.5" wide wheel at very low pressure should work as well as a fat tire bike, it'll leave deeper knobby holes but that might be tolerable.

6.5" is the diameter of rim.

7 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

so the rim dimensions ARE different? I was thinking the tire was just larger, so the rim is larger eh?

The rim diameter is same and width is not known yet.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Eucner said:

width is not known yet.

The tire is 90/65 so I think that means it is 90mm wide (3.5 in). 

1 hour ago, Eucner said:

6.5" is the diameter of rim.

Ahhh. Yes. Tire sizes always confuse me. It's visually pretty wide though, that's a huge plus in my mind!

Edited by Tawpie

25 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Ahhh. Yes. Tire sizes always confuse me. It's visually pretty wide though, that's a huge plus in my mind!

It looks identical to some of the offroad scooter motors really, which would explain the tire size. I'm very tempted to get this as a toss in the car/let the nephew ride it wheel. 

1 hour ago, 360rumors said:

The tire is 90/65 so I think that means it is 90mm wide (3.5 in). 

Yes, 90 mm is the nominal section width of tire. The rim width of mten4 is still unknown. The most common rim width for 90 mm wide tire is 2.5".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

so apparently the axle is the same, disappointing... the motor wattage, and Wh upgrade still seem pretty worthy. also the space to put a wider variety of tires, and the aesthetics are growing on me a bit.

same axle?  wow that's sad.  May I know where you got this info?

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

My biggest problem with MTen3 is the ease with which they get flat tires.

Hoping the new tires are a bit better on that score.

Is yours the tube or tubeless version?

6 hours ago, winterwheel said:

My biggest problem with MTen3 is the ease with which they get flat tires.

Hoping the new tires are a bit better on that score.

Have you tried the 60/70-6.5 non-pneumatic "Honeycomb" / "Porous" / "Puncture-Proof" tires like the one below?

Doing the math, it should fit the MTen3 6.5" rim. I'm guessing the ride is a bit firmer than pneumatic tires, but this would solve the flat issue outright.

I'm hoping the new Maestro-style design of the MTen4 makes tire changes a bit easier, although with my old MTen3, I got pretty quick at splitting the shell because I had that many inner tube changes *smh.

Sffdb7a7f52e34c5baafd9f305102c73bc.jpeg 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eucner said:

Yes, 90 mm is the nominal section width of tire. The rim width of mten4 is still unknown. The most common rim width for 90 mm wide tire is 2.5".

It seems from pics that the sidewall and top compartment clearances (moreso sidewall clearance) will be the limiting factors here, regardless if you can technically fit said wider tire on the rim independent of the wheel shell. 

There's not a lot of room to play with on the sides and undershell, so you could drop the motor/tire with something like pedal risers, to accommodate a bigger tire outer diameter, as the wider tires tend to grow in that outer diameter, but there's no easy solution for the shell rub that looks like would happen if you went laterally outward with a tire wider than 90mm.

mO71Sgi.pngK2cbsmk.png

21 hours ago, 360rumors said:

Is yours the tube or tubeless version?

They are all tube version.

(By all I mean all the ones I own personally, not all MTens in general. I use them for teaching so I have several.)

Edited by winterwheel

17 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

They are all tube version.

16 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Have you tried the 60/70-6.5 non-pneumatic "Honeycomb" / "Porous" / "Puncture-Proof" tires like the one below?

Doing the math, it should fit the MTen3 6.5" rim. I'm guessing the ride is a bit firmer than pneumatic tires, but this would solve the flat issue outright.

I'm hoping the new Maestro-style design of the MTen4 makes tire changes a bit easier, although with my old MTen3, I got pretty quick at splitting the shell because I had that many inner tube changes *smh.

Sffdb7a7f52e34c5baafd9f305102c73bc.jpeg 

Looks very interesting but I wonder how hard it would be to get that on the rim.

I ordered one anyway, very curious to see if/how it would work.

Edited by winterwheel
decided to buy one
  • Like 2

I'm in for one as well!  Could not resist!  I would be very careful putting a solid\honey comb tire on this.  Tires without air will put more stress on the axel, which is suspect to be weak already.  Of all the new wheels that came out of this gen... This one excited me the most lol

• Like 3

Just now, Rich Sam said:

I'm in for one as well!  Could not resist!  I would be very careful putting a solid\honey comb tire on this.  Tires without air will put more stress on the axel, which is suspect to be weak already.  Of all the new wheels that came out of this gen... This one excited me the most lol

Dibs on being your first guest rider! If I hadn't just spent all my pin money, I'd have one on order as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Dibs on being your first guest rider! If I hadn't just spent all my pin money, I'd have one on order as well.

For sure!  I will have to bring on one of the Seattle Saturday Night Rides if I find it stable enough to take lol  Or maybe just bring to dink around on before the ride.

Nice vid, very promising little wheel.  it's making it much harder for me to resist this... I'm almost tempted to switch my T4 deposit to this instead, but I need at least 1 wheel that can go longer distances!

I kinda miss wheel delimma!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rich Sam said:

Look at that battery Sag, looks like sag.  Readout goes from 100% to 90% on takeoff lol

image.png.2d406699c10fb8fcb8ca5d6231cc4870.png

This is a video of a T4 shooting a video of the Mten4. So if there is a sag, it is with T4 not the mten4.  Fwiw I ordered t4 and mten4 from ewheels which will use the 40t cells, so I don’t expect any sag. 

On 8/22/2022 at 4:36 PM, Denny Paul said:

Aesthetically, I love the big round headlight and overall design choices.

Aesthetically? 

Please… tell me more.

89892460-3959-4A76-AB8B-AC5BD8AAC821.thumb.jpeg.4cf1637e29b03cd3e0cc7cc208a32d31.jpeg

Edited by Paul g
  • Haha 1