The 40T cycles used in the tests are also much higher discharge and recharge rates than we would use under typical wheel conditions, so we can expect much better cycle life. Although this wheel with it's small pack might actually use all of the power a 40T can provide.

Edited by chanman

8 hours ago, chanman said:

The 40T cycles used in the tests are also much higher discharge and recharge rates than we would use under typical wheel conditions, so we can expect much better cycle life. Although this wheel with it's small pack might actually use all of the power a 40T can provide.

I also noticed the max discharge amp rating from 40t1 to  40t3  went from 45amp to 50amp, which is well impressive, over 10% increase. Im  trying to controle my excitement for this eWheels pack, Jason updated the listing, right after mentioning how safe it is, he says 8-10 amp charging?!?!? lol okay, im not complaining, certainly this would put the type of wear the test would put on it, but full charge in like an hour lol. I also agree with Ken from the nyc collective, I would rather it be at "full power" untill it dies, rather than mozy around that last 15% at 5mph with tilt back. the "loss" of ah is really negligable for power riders

there hasnt been any seasoned mten riders reviewing these things, I need to see someone putting aggresive moves down on this thing. I want to see someone whos nasty on the mten try the ewheels version and ride with real intent, get down low, and carve ride, i want to hear the wheel rubber carving sounds, these reviewers are just casual riders. dang, I cant wait to bust some moves on it, these guys are really underestimating what type of moves you can do on this thing, the mten3 is not a joke in downtown nyc, this should be really exciting to ride. the reviewers im seeing are making this thing out to be a casual ride and its a bad look, this thing cant go to those types of reviewers, its a bad look, put this under the right feet, and this thing will sell out.

Edited by ZweemZ

I emailed Jason from eWheels, requesting the street tire option and this was his reply, aside from the topic of tires, it's mostly sentiments that weve heard from him already:

"I'm getting some pushback from Begode for using an alternative tire, can't see why, since these 11x4" tires are ubiquitous for eScooters, being sold in the millions... Still, will keep chipping away. 

Also recently learned that they're now using the superior TO-247 HY-5012 FETs, which should make these boards nearly indestructible. These machines will also be outfitted with the Samsung 40Ts, here is a graph showing the differences from the stock 50Es & why they're a superior choice for the MTen4 in particular:"

40T.png
  • Like 2

I just got my first EUC that came with knobby tires, the RS19 Molicel, which has CST-186 tires.  At first, I thought the knobbies were weird, loud, and felt clumsy.  But as I rode them more, I found they have confidence-inspiring traction in turns.  And of course they are great for off-road and going over sketchy surfaces like loose soil.  I also found that I don't have train-tracking on the RS19 despite the 3-inch tires.  So, for my MTen4, I think I will choose knobby tires.

Honestly, I think the stock MTen4 tire is just fine for any type of riding, and I'm usually a "don't use a knobby unless you will spend most of your time off-road" kind of guy. I took it through my off-road test loop and it handled it like a champ, and it doesn't feel weird handling on-road at all. However I understand the preference for a smoother ride feel and a bit better carving behavior that a street tire offers. 

Its worth mentioning this is the EUCO demo unit, I don't have any magic early delivery powers lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Honestly, I think the stock MTen4 tire is just fine for any type of riding,

Thanks for sharing actual experience with the mten4 Nick! How do you like it compared to mten3?

Finally.....

On 9/10/2022 at 11:29 PM, ZweemZ said:

there hasnt been any seasoned mten riders reviewing these things, I need to see someone putting aggresive moves down on this thing. I want to see someone whos nasty on the mten 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CibOOQ3vK2e/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

call me a skeptic, but i think the original mten3 84v could do everything this guy is doing. He's just crouched down to make it look actiony, but his speed isn't really asking too much of the wheel in the clip.

more torque than mten3 will probably make this enticing enough to buy new, but if it's the same performance roughly i'm happy waiting for a good used deal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

call me a skeptic, but i think the original mten3 84v could do everything this guy is doing. He's just crouched down to make it look actiony, but his speed isn't really asking too much of the wheel in the clip.

more torque than mten3 will probably make this enticing enough to buy new, but if it's the same performance roughly i'm happy waiting for a good used deal.

Shhhh! Actiony-ness and butt wiggles sell wheels, how do you think OneWheel unloaded so many $2.5K slow 15mph rides? Gotta maximize those affiliate link sales! :lol::lol:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4790k3silsfjb1eajqwn

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

I have an Mten3 and what attracts me to the Mten4 are: aluminum chassis, longer range, higher pedal clearance, wider and larger wheels, semi-spiked pedals, wider body makes it easier to mount, kickstand, can be seated (somewhat), cool translucent top cover, and the oddball styling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, houseofjob said:

The reddit article brought up a good point that, on top of all the performance stuff, stock CN tires tend to skimp out on amount of rubber used (ie. thinner rubber walls), and along with lack of possible Radial-ity reinforcement, those stock CN tires are more prone to random pinch flats than a properly made, radial non-CN tire, which I've experienced on my MTen3 before, and rather not experience with my incoming 40T MTen4, if I can help it.

These tires are propriety tubular shaped radial tires. Nobody else makes similar in this size. Typical EUC tire is bias ply type. Please let us know how these ride. They may be very different, to better or worse. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:48 PM, 360rumors said:

Thanks for sharing actual experience with the mten4 Nick! How do you like it compared to mten3?

I think it's a good wheel, but not necessarily worth upgrading if you have the mten3. It's the same motor, just a higher power limit (same as the EX.N and RS motor situation), but the new display and far better headlight are nice additions, as are the functional stand and rear light panel. It's definitely better at offroading/poor terrain than the mten3, but that could just be the tire.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 12:33 PM, houseofjob said:

LOL they don't wanna throw in the cheap CN "street" tires cuz the profit margins on the MTen4 are already low for them. :lol:

Might as well cop a proper street tire now in preparation, so that you have it when the wheel gets here.

In my continuing MTen4 anticipation research, I came across this Dualtron Thunder reddit article (among others), and it seems in the 6.5" rim scooter and minibike world, Italian maker PMT R6.5 tires are the best in quality and performance, and all the Dualtron/eScooter aftermarket mod shops seem to carry at least one or three of their models (and there doesn't seem to be a similar high quality, non-CN brand making this kind of R6.5 size tire).

The reddit article brought up a good point that, on top of all the performance stuff, stock CN tires tend to skimp out on amount of rubber used (ie. thinner rubber walls), and along with lack of possible Radial-ity reinforcement, those stock CN tires are more prone to random pinch flats than a properly made, radial non-CN tire, which I've experienced on my MTen3 before, and rather not experience with my incoming 40T MTen4, if I can help it.

That said, I'm forgo-ing all the AliExpress CN options I previously listed, and narrowed my choice down to the below 3 PMT tires.

The Stradale seems to be the eScooter favorite for it's Urban all-around, all-weather application, but I wanted something less-compromising with more of a racing compound and performance, considering the typical pavement / non-trail EUC riding does not have nearly the high speed, tread-wearing spinout applications of a minibike or scooter (weights and speeds are way less; rider & wheel center of gravities are centered & aligned/stacked over each other), and I won't really be riding in rain on my MTen4, so no need for intricate tread pattern radially wicking the rain away from the center tire contact patch line.

So, this narrowed things down to the T41 Slick & Junior options, as those both have racing rubber compound with stated excellent performance & grip; neutral durometer at 55-56 ShoreA, and are both stated suitable for up to moderately abrasive, urban asphalt.

I ultimately picked up a 90/65-6.5 Junior, for a minimal mixing in of light tread pattern.

But I might also pick up a T41 Slick later down the road as well, just to see what the racing world Slick Tire hype is all about, esp since, unlike the Junior, it comes in the slightly wider 100/55-6.5 / ~4" wide sizing (not common for CN R6.5 tires). Judging by some of the MTen4 YT unboxing vids, I think the MTen4 frame can accommodate the extra 0.2" laterally each side, and 100/55-6.5 actually comes out to slightly under 11" tire outer diameter (10.83" vs over 11" for 90/65-6.5), so no need to worry about undershell clearance.

100-55-R6.5_Stradale-600x600.jpg  B STRADALE

100/55 R6.5” (PMT) (wyrdryds VA/US)

90/60R6.5” (PMT)

90-65-R6.5_JUNIOR-600x600.jpg  JUNIOR

90/65R6.5” (PMT) (wyrdryds VA/US)

100-55-R6.5_Slick-600x600.jpg  T41 SLICK

100/55R6.5” (PMT) (wyrdryds VA/US)

90/65R6.5” (PMT) (DDM Racing UT/US)

lthnb4g.png

Thanks for assembling and narrowing down your reccomendations, very informative too. The Junior seems like the obvious choice if I had to choose one, but im really tempted to get the slick for the reasons you suggested and just to add to the niche' factor as well, should be great for street carving. hydroplaning would be more of a concern if i actually went fast in the rain.

I'm guessing these tires are a bit denser than the stock, I'm wondering if it will add a noticible lag to accelleration/breaking. I will deffinetly run the stock tire for a bit to be able to guage the difference.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 360rumors said:

@Marty Backe if the Mten4 rides very much like the Mten3, is there any reason to get them if I already have the MTen3?  Also, does it have a kill switch?

Marty’s reply below

C703E84B-DDCA-43CF-BD76-332F84A63E05.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

I'm guessing these tires are a bit denser than the stock, I'm wondering if it will add a noticible lag to accelleration/breaking. I will deffinetly run the stock tire for a bit to be able to guage the difference.

I just go my Junior PMT in, it's pretty meaty / dense compared to CN tires, just like how a Michelin etc feels, like it's the tiny R6.5 version they don't make *smh (BTW high recommend on wyrdrds, they sent this thing stupid fast almost next day, and made sure I wasn't scooter buyer wanting a pair LOL)

Typical CN tires (albeit all models are slightly different) tend to be lightweight and more plastic-y feeling, not a very hug-the-road feel, and this matters because that means it's not generating enough grip on the pavement to make the maximum leverage to push off with. I think the CN tires being Bias and not Radial has an effect on this(?)

Albeit, I have felt 2 CN tires, one older 14" Chao Yang that I did a swap on my old V5F+ with, and the 16" Kenda(?) that came stock on the V10F. Those tires felt much denser and more planted, if that makes sense (lesser the 16" Kenda). Dunno the model numbers, and back then I didn't know about the whole Bias vs Radial implications.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, 360rumors said:

@Marty Backe if the Mten4 rides very much like the Mten3, is there any reason to get them if I already have the MTen3?  Also, does it have a kill switch?

The MTen3 first came out with no kill switch, but it was always live on the board on one of the 2-pins, probably gonna be the same way on the MTen4.

So if you're handy, or know someone who is, you can easily wire any 2-way switch into your MTen4 and gain that function, which is basically what they did on the later MTen3's.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2022 at 4:35 PM, houseofjob said:

Have you tried the 60/70-6.5 non-pneumatic "Honeycomb" / "Porous" / "Puncture-Proof" tires like the one below?

Doing the math, it should fit the MTen3 6.5" rim. I'm guessing the ride is a bit firmer than pneumatic tires, but this would solve the flat issue outright.

I'm hoping the new Maestro-style design of the MTen4 makes tire changes a bit easier, although with my old MTen3, I got pretty quick at splitting the shell because I had that many inner tube changes *smh.

Sffdb7a7f52e34c5baafd9f305102c73bc.jpeg 

Okay so this came in and I'm not even going to bother trying to put in on. It's rock solid. Whatever sorcery would be needed to get this on an MTen3 rim is far beyond my skill level.

• Sad 1