And also it is true that it very objectively reminds one of those portable qqb you have to assemble before lighting up ))) level of simplicity:)))  my grandpa used to make those for sale) 

I'm not sure if an author cracked that joke in English version😁

10 minutes ago, meriwald said:

It's no problem. 84v wheels usually never have active cooling, and motor is not that powerful to cause any overheating 

The s18 is the only 84 volt with passive cooing, but if copied correct, it is better than a pc fan in a closed box. 

Edited by enaon

3 minutes ago, enaon said:

I think the s18 is the only 84 volt with passive cooing, but if designed correct, it is better than a pc fan in a closed box. 

ACM all versions, msx84 first two batches, ks 16x, and I'm sure many more. 

And I doubt any wheels prior msx, 2018 and before had any fans, at least form gotway 

4 minutes ago, meriwald said:

ACM all versions, msx84 first two batches, ks 16x, and I'm sure many more. 

the 16x has a fan, I am not sure about the gotways, but I can/t see how it could be they haven't one, they have no proper heatsinks. 

n any case, having no fan is a step forward, for 67 for 136 volts just the same. 

Edited by enaon

59 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I had already forgot about this. This and the barely existing heatsink really are the worst of the bunch. This wheel has been thrown together with minimum care.

I think he was a bit hard on the heatsink... it screws into the side of the bathtub right? In three places! If it was just attached just a little better (moar screws!), and with the addition of some thermal transfer agent it could really work well to have the entire side of the body as the radiator.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, enaon said:

the acm has a fan, gotway style. At this point am not sure if you are trolling me :)

Capture.JPG

No I don't ) I used to have acms+ and it had no fan, I had to install mine when my riding style became too hard for this small baby )

• Like 1

My 84V ACM has no fan, too. I think the Tesla-ized (Tesla motor and possibly board) ACM (sometimes called ACM2) might have a fan by default.

43 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I think he was a bit hard on the heatsink... it screws into the side of the bathtub right? In three places! If it was just attached just a little better (moar screws!), and with the addition of some thermal transfer agent it could really work well to have the entire side of the body as the radiator.

Good point. If it's screwed to the outer shell...

But no excuse for the dented capacitors from the handle screws. That's just classic-Gotway heedlessness.

This wheel needs a revision. The good thing is, if Begode want to do that, they are certainly capable of quickly improving.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I kind of look at it for what it is. The new MTen3 is stupid expensive, this is even more costly. Personally, paying $650 for a 67V MTen3 was fine, it's a toy, a bauble. But when we get well into the thousands of dollars, I do expect more. I'll be selling a KS16X in the spring and it won't be much more than an MTen4 (the 16XS.LR will bring less than an MTen3 or 4!), so I don't quite know what BG is thinking here... but they are selling!

A bent and welded sheet metal frame is a nice economy move, and they did have that video of the guy crashing it into/over stairs etc. so maybe the weak points are sufficient. It doesn't weigh that much.

19 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

and they did have that video of the guy crashing it into/over stairs etc.

I am waiting for the scuba diving video, then I am getting one. 

I am joking, I mean that all this video tells is that they have made at least one strong mten4, but  small is not equal to low price, the mten3/4 is a special wheel, and is priced ok I think. 

Edited by enaon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Shows how easily influenced I am…..pretty girl next to wheel - SOLD !

Bad review - Cancel that order, quick !

LMAO !

Edit: The Russian version has almost 2k views, 188 likes, and 73 comments.

I’d like to see the English edit. 
I asked it be made public again in the comments….we’ll see.

Edited by OldFartRides
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Shows how easily influenced I am…..pretty girl next to wheel - SOLD !

Bad review - Cancel that order, quick !

LMAO !

Edit: The Russian version has almost 2k views, 188 likes, and 73 comments.

I’d like to see the English edit. 
I asked it be made public again in the comments….we’ll see.

Maybe the Bublik guy paid him off to trash it ?

Seriously tho, we all know most of what comes out of China is lacking in quality. Chinese tools suck, ( they work for awhile, then they break). Chinese dogs have ill fitting coats. Chinese fireworks….Ok, Chinese fireworks work pretty good, but then they’ve been making them for forever.

This guy weighs 93 keys and rode it 53 KPH ?! 

Edit: I watched the vid. Doesn’t like it cause it’s heavier than the 3 (bigger batt). Doesn’t like it cause the metal frame is light weight.  Can’t have that both ways
Definitely fits the “ toy” definition. So does the 3, but most people love their 3’s.

I’m kind of on the fence about it. Folks in the Evee’s vid looked like they were having fun with it.

Maybe make a decision next week. 

Edited by OldFartRides

Rode the mten4 today.

Yep, confirms my previous reasoning that this wheel blows. It is not better than the mten3 other than bump in specs. Too thick, feels cheap and the (new) unit I rode had numerous issues out of the box.

No spin kill, lack of trolley, god-awful carry handle Begode must've bought in bulk from a mom-pop Alibaba storefront and knobby tire makes this wheel actually worse than the previous model.

Hard NO from me. It's like Begode just refreshed the "Master" design but ended up making this thing worse. Sorry, I don't get the hype over this wheel. IGNORE the hype.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2