glad to hear all the positive comments. it is a love it or hate it wheel, seems. i see all these negative comments and it makes me question my decision to get it. having two new suspension wheels, i questioned myself will i wanna ride it, but i'm hoping it will make me a better rider and it is the non suspension wheels what i learned on. i like all wheels too. i'm sure i'll love that street tire. it looks amzing.

Just now, alexbrunoeuc said:

Seems like the cons are less than the pros.

Let's see if I have enough willpower to wait for the reinforced chassis

Personally the only significant cons from my point of view are as follows:

1. Lack of spin kill button; I'm certain this is going to come out in a later hardware revision and it may be possible to solder one in now
  2. Wire that comes loose from mobo while riding causing cutouts (I am unclear if any revision of the wheel fixes this issue or not; I have to assume they must have a fix for it as it shouldn't take anything more than a clip or even zip tie)
  3. Shell deformation due to force from the side (probably fixed with the reinforced shell version but unclear until we actually see them)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alexbrunoeuc said:

Let's see if I have enough willpower to wait for the reinforced chassis

Don't wait! They posted a video of their test dude absolutely torturing the little thing and it seemed fine. Yeah, there are pictures of one that bent but it's not like they're made of cardboard.

(I think everyone have a go with an MTen, they're great fun and in a totally different way)

• Like 3

There are plenty of reviews of the Mten4 on YouTube.

Jimmy Chang has changed his YouTube channel name to Freshly Charged.

Here is his review of the Mten4...... with 59k views.

Is The Newest Pocket Rocket Worth It? Begode Mten4 Review

91.3K subscribers

Oct 26, 2022

• Like 1

Freshly Charged says the mten4 is more a novelty wheel, and I feel like I agree with that. I don't want to buy the wheel for long rides, speed, etc., but it sure does have a special niche for short commutes, tricking out and having fun! That excites me though and I'm actually more excited about this wheel than most out probably because of what I own already

• Like 3

I'm probably going to buy this thing. Do you guys suggest the knobby tire or the street tire? I feel like the knobby tire would be fine, but I'll be on the pavement mostly

*EDIT: just answered my own question. Road tires for this seem pretty popular and cheap for 90/65-6.5”, so I'll just buy one of those if I don't like the knobby for whatever reason.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BKW said:

I'm probably going to buy this thing. Do you guys suggest the knobby tire or the street tire? I feel like the knobby tire would be fine, but I'll be on the pavement mostly

*EDIT: just answered my own question. Road tires for this seem pretty popular and cheap for 90/65-6.5”, so I'll just buy one of those if I don't like the knobby for whatever reason.

Do it!! I like street personally but the knobby isn't terrible. You can find replacement tires off AliExpress as the tire is the same size as most of the 11inch E-Scooters like the Kaabo Wolf Warrior.

• Like 1

I changed form knobby to street to knobby to street over the first month. It's an easy tire change. I learned things about scooter tires. Street tire operating pressure = 10psi. Knobby max = 50 psi. Both tubeless. Interesting.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

I changed form knobby to street to knobby to street over the first month. It's an easy tire change. I learned things about scooter tires. Street tire operating pressure = 10psi. Knobby max = 50 psi. Both tubeless. Interesting.

That is interesting. Don't tubeless tires feel hard compared to air tires?

I likely would have changed my SherMax knobby for a street if it wasn't so expensive for the tire size (I wasn't willing to experiment with the money to find out). It's nice that the scooter road tires out there for the mten4 are much cheaper, so I have no problem dropping that kind of money for experimentation purposes.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BKW said:

That is interesting. Don't tubeless tires feel hard compared to air tires?

I likely would have changed my SherMax knobby for a street if it wasn't so expensive for the tire size (I wasn't willing to experiment with the money to find out). It's nice that the scooter road tires out there for the mten4 are much cheaper, so I have no problem dropping that kind of money for experimentation purposes.

Neither one feels hard to me, But I underinflated the knobby at about 35. And the street tire is a low-pressure tire anyway. 50 psi to seat, then supposed to use at 10. I'm scared to put it below 16. Those who know say 20 psi is the point where tubeless tires can deform under load enough to break the bead and deflate. I used rim tape to feel safe going  down to 16.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Neither one feels hard to me, But I underinflated the knobby at about 35. And the street tire is a low-pressure tire anyway. 50 psi to seat, then supposed to use at 10. I'm scared to put it below 16. Those who know say 20 psi is the point where tubeless tires can deform under load enough to break the bead and deflate. I used rim tape to feel safe going  down to 16.

What's the main difference you feel with the tires? More maneuverability? Less vibrations, etc? Which tire do you prefer and why?

Also, for anyone who got their wheels from ehweels, once you put your deposit down do they only contact you when the wheels arrive at their shop? I haven't been contacted yet by the company, only a "processing" email.

Edited by BKW

14 hours ago, BKW said:

Also, for anyone who got their wheels from ehweels, once you put your deposit down do they only contact you when the wheels arrive at their shop? I haven't been contacted yet by the company, only a "processing" email.

To my knowledge they will contact you with any mass emails that go out, such as the one from a week or so ago where they told us the vessel the mten4's were on or the one before that where they told us about the upgraded shell and other details. These are very infrequent.

Other than that, you would only be contacted once the wheel is in stock to pay the remaining balance, at which point you would be given a link to a special product listing where you pay just the remaining balance and choose your final selection for options like tire type.

ewheels has not yet gotten this wheel in stock, with the vessel they are on not expected to arrive into port for a few more days, and then factor in another week or so for the wheels to be unloaded and shipped to the ewheels warehouse. I'm personally expecting mid-January if everything goes well.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2022 at 12:25 PM, BKW said:

What's the main difference you feel with the tires? More maneuverability? Less vibrations, etc? Which tire do you prefer and why?

The knobby profile is flatter (more stable) but grippier (less stable on smooth surfaces). The street tire's rounded profile makes it more maneuverable, and therefore less work to ride. The knobby produces WAY more vibration, but that is more annoying than anything. With either one, the Mten4's COG is SO low, you can almost balance standing still. Everything is easier at slow speeds. For my use, paved and a little grass/dirt, i have to step off much less with the street tire. People with more skill than I have, probably consider other factors more highly, and your personal preference may differ. The good thing is that tire changes take 20 minutes with care and the right tools.

Also, I think it's been mentioned before, but SOFT mode on the Mten4 is much more fun than HARD mode, unlike many wheels...

Edited by UPONIT
soft
  • Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 10:40 PM, UPONIT said:

Mentioning this here in case it has a better chance of being answered.

I think most of us still lingering in this thread are here because we don't actually have the wheels yet, and so are unlikely to be able to answer.

On that note, the container ship with the mten4's for ewheels arrived in port early this morning; hopefully in the next week or so they will make their way to the ewheels warehouse! (really not sure how long it takes for them to be unloaded, make it through customs, and be shipped overland)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rebeuc said:

I think most of us still lingering in this thread are here because we don't actually have the wheels yet, and so are unlikely to be able to answer.

On that note, the container ship with the mten4's for ewheels arrived in port early this morning; hopefully in the next week or so they will make their way to the ewheels warehouse! (really not sure how long it takes for them to be unloaded, make it through customs, and be shipped overland)

Yeah, I was on alienrides website last night looking at mten4s that were available that said "ship next day" only because I had no idea when the ewheels ones would become available. Thanks for letting us know!

Also, do you guys know what batches these mten4s are coming from ewheels? If so, any improvements over the older ones on these new shipments?

Edited by BKW

42 minutes ago, BKW said:

Also, do you guys know what batches these mten4s are coming from ewheels? If so, any improvements over the older ones on these new shipments?

This will be ewheels FIRST shipment of these (aside from the ones they sent out as demo units that were likely air-freighted in)

Per the email they sent out a while back the only new changes compared to what everyone else has in stock are as follows:

1. 600wh higher amp battery pack (lower wh but higher amps); I'm not sure if any of the other retailers are shipping this version
  2. Actually black side pads (all the others we have seen are blue)
  3. reinforced shell (unclear what this means; hopefully something to fix the weak neck area that was susceptible to sideways blows)
  4. street tire that is different than any I've seen from the other retailers (see the photo from when this last came up); really more of a hybrid street/knobby which seems very nice compared to the relatively slick street tire option that alienrides has

I have NOT heard any mention of if they have any fix for the loose power connector issue that some early mten4's had or any added spin-kill button to address the requirement for it if a firmware flash fails; in effect, though, with all the things that seem different about these and the months delay compared to other retailers I assume these will be effectively 'batch 2 change wheels'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2022 at 1:24 PM, rebeuc said:

image_mten4_street_tire_ewheels.png

If this is the street tire ewheels is going to use, I am having a hard time deciding if it's best to go with the knobby or street tire. The one in the picture here has deep tread, and since I'm in Manhattan the only reason I'd want the knobby is for instances where I'd go off-road maybe in central park or squirrely patches on the street. However, this street tire looks like it can handle those anomalies fairly well I think...

These tires are supposedly fairly cheap if I wanted to switch, but I'm having second thoughts about the knobby now...

35 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

I know I would find the knobby - on - pavement sound very annoying. 

I know it's a completely different wheel, but the knobby kenda on my sherman is fine on the street. Doesn't bother me a bit, but I could imagine on this little wheel it's probably different.

Hopefully ewheels will allow me to change tire option since I already put knobby for the deposit

• Upvote 1