2 hours ago, BKW said:

Damn I hope that doesn't happen with mine, I've got about 400km's on my Mten4. If it does happen I know Eevees will take care of me but I'd rather not have the issue altogether.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BKW said:

If anyone could please continue to give updates on the shipment of mten4s with ewheels it will be greatly appreciated. For some reason I have not received any updates as far as shipments, etc.

As rebeuc has already stated, it appears the next shipment may arrive at the facility this week or next

The ship left the California port early yesterday (Jan 4), so that means everything on it must've been unloaded.

I really don't have much understanding of how customs clearing works for this scale of item or how the logistics work of getting the container from the port to the ewheels warehouse, but yeah I would expect word to come from ewheels soon once they have arrived.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BKW said:

but hey, no fire!

damn shame that building quality isn't gotway/begodes thing.

if enough mten4's are sold, king song and inmotion will make a better quality knock off of it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BKW said:

If anyone could please continue to give updates on the shipment of mten4s with ewheels it will be greatly appreciated. For some reason I have not received any updates as far as shipments, etc.

As rebeuc has already stated, it appears the next shipment may arrive at the facility this week or next

I was watching my T4 ewheels shipment last week. Ship arrived at port on the 26th, and I got my wheel yesterday. I only got an update when the shipping label was created on the 29th. 3 days seems very fast to get from ship to ewheels, but im sure there are other variables that can easily mire the process.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -iB- said:

3 days seems very fast to get from ship to ewheels, but im sure there are other variables that can easily mire the process.

the first load of S22s took close to 5 weeks to clear customs—highly variable times, mostly out of eWheels' control.

• Sad 1

On 1/4/2023 at 8:20 PM, Clem604 said:

The street tire on the MTen4 is AWESOME! No more vibration from the knobby, it feels like you're riding a magic carpet. The employees at Eevees test rode it too and they liked it so much they are considering bringing in some street tires for customers with knobbies that would want to swap. 

10/10 would recommend

20230104_171444.thumb.jpg.2cb76a8575dc8ec4ec6d14fccd660053.jpg

I have the full slick version of that tire. Its the definitive street ride imo. Holds just as stable as the knobby at speed, only problem is its a bit sketchier on bumps. Carves better, buttery smooth. Did you get the 110/50-6.5 or the 90 65-6.5?

I also have the second batch hybrid tire that begode showed on the mten4s I will throw on eventually

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I have the full slick version of that tire. Its the definitive street ride imo. Holds just as stable as the knobby at speed, only problem is its a bit sketchier on bumps. Carves better, buttery smooth. Did you get the 110/50-6.5 or the 90 65-6.5?

Yeah the street tire is excellent, makes me love the MTen4 that much more. I went with the 90/65-6.5. This has actually got me thinking if I should get a PMT tire to replace this one eventually. PMT tires are the go to upgrade in the electric scooter world so I might want to try it on an EUC. They aren't cheap but at least I only need one 😄

https://www.pmt-tyres.it/en/prodotto/9065r6-5-junior/

https://www.pmt-tyres.it/en/prodotto/9060r6-5-b-stradale/

https://www.pmt-tyres.it/en/prodotto/9065-r6-5-t41-slick/

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Clem604 said:

Damn I hope that doesn't happen with mine, I've got about 400km's on my Mten4. If it does happen I know Eevees will take care of me but I'd rather not have the issue altogether.

Yeah, sucks there's no details about the issue on either of his videos. If you have 400km already, seems like you are past any "bad copy" problems? Fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, Cobaltsaber said:

I also have the second batch hybrid tire that begode showed on the mten4s I will throw on eventually

Can you ride a full slick tire like that on wet roads? :confused1: How does it shed water?

• Like 1

For those of you who may be waiting on the latest mten4 shipment from ewheels, looks like it'll be delayed for 2 more weeks because Begode set up "one pack" of the battery instead of "two packs" and i was told they will have to "consolidate them inside the shell" back at the ewheels warehouse. A lot of this I'm not entirely sure what it means, but basically begode f'd up the battery packs for the mten4s and so now ewheels has to "rework" them before sending them out. Can anyone clarify what it means that begode only installed "one pack instead of two" for the mten4 battery? I have an idea but not entirely sure what that means...

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I suspect they mean Begode used one single pack with 20 x two cells in parallel configuration instead of two packs with the cells in 20 x 1s configuration.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I suspect they mean Begode used one single pack with 20 x two cells in parallel configuration instead of two packs with the cells in 20 x 1s configuration.

Still don't understand. :confused1:  Can you explain it like you were explaining to a battery virgin? :D

• Haha 2

If you have a 84V battery pack you need 20 cells connected in series for that, each with 4,2V when full. That is called a 20s1p pack (20 in series, 1 cell parallel)

If you want to double or triple or quadruple etc.... the capacity of the whole battery pack you can either:

- solder two, three, four etc.. single cells together in parallel (so they form basically one single cell with double, triple or quadruple etc capacity) and connect 20 of those groups in series. That is called a 20s2p or 20s3p or 20s4p etc pack. 

- or you can build two, three or four etc 20s1p packs and connect THOSE packs in parallel.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

If you have a 84V battery pack you need 20 cells connected in series for that, each with 4,2V when full. That is called a 20s1p pack (20 in series, 1 cell parallel)

If you want to double or triple or quadruple etc.... the capacity of the whole battery pack you can either:

- solder two, three, four etc.. single cells together in parallel (so they form basically one single cell with double, triple or quadruple etc capacity) and connect 20 of those groups in series. That is called a 20s2p or 20s3p or 20s4p etc pack. 

- or you can build two, three or four etc 20s1p packs and connect THOSE packs in parallel.

Thanks for clarifying!

You don't think ewheels needing to "rework", or connect, the batteries will cause any issues? From my understanding, it sounds like Begode simply forgot to finish the job of connecting the batteries, so ewheels reworking them shouldn't cause any issues?

19 minutes ago, BKW said:

You don't think ewheels needing to "rework", or connect, the batteries will cause any issues? From my understanding, it sounds like Begode simply forgot to finish the job of connecting the batteries, so ewheels reworking them shouldn't cause any issues?

I'm of mixed opinion on this

• On one hand, I like that someone from ewheels will be inspecting the innards of each wheel; this means they may catch other issues like loose connectors that otherwise would have gone unnoticed until the wheel was in our hands

• On the other hand, this does mean some jostling and hands on of the motherboards in ways that don't happen while riding; it's always theoretically possible for something like a capacitor to get knocked loose or something

Out of curiosity where did you hear about this rework, I didn't see any email from ewheels on this; did you message them and ask?

15 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

I'm of mixed opinion on this

• On one hand, I like that someone from ewheels will be inspecting the innards of each wheel; this means they may catch other issues like loose connectors that otherwise would have gone unnoticed until the wheel was in our hands

• On the other hand, this does mean some jostling and hands on of the motherboards in ways that don't happen while riding; it's always theoretically possible for something like a capacitor to get knocked loose or something

Out of curiosity where did you hear about this rework, I didn't see any email from ewheels on this; did you message them and ask?

Yes, I messaged them on their site yesterday and pretty sure it was jason that responded. I kind of wanted to keep the conversation private out of respect for ewheels but I suspect others will find out soon due to a delay if it was indeed the entire shipment

A little disturbing that Begode QC seems to have failed again.

Are distributors in other countries affected as well?  Are they aware?  Conducting rework?

As well as the direct contact of board on batteries, causing damage.  Potential failure in the medium/longer time.

7 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Are distributors in other countries affected as well?  Are they aware?  Conducting rework?

As well as the direct contact of board on batteries, causing damage.  Potential failure in the medium/longer time.

Remember that ewheels specified the 40T cell battery packs that can put out higher amps but are 600Wh, while most if not all other retailers went with the other cells (50e?) that are lower amp draw but 750Wh as configured.

I have not heard of any of the 40T cell wheels out in the community yet, so it is quite possible this is the first ever batch with this particular battery type, hence why this may not have been caught.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Paul A said:

Honestly, I'm not worried about ewheels needing to do this because they sound like they'll do a better job of quality control than Begode will! It's kind of good to know because it means ewheels is indeed doing quality checks. They'll check it out and make sure it's good because if not they'll have to deal with replacing bad wheels from customers in the future.

It's a busy month for me anyway so I see this 2 weeks going by quick anyway

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BKW said:

It's a busy month for me anyway so I see this 2 weeks going by quick anyway

Yeah not to mention it's winter. Pretty sure I'm going to get a lot more riding in starting a few months from now. (I do not live in a temperate region)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alexbrunoeuc said:

About those batteries... They give you less range but more safety at lower percentage? 

Not necessarily, though this still needs to be tested.

Think of this like the S18 Molicel vs the regular S18; range actually ends up being similar because the lack of voltage sag as the capacity is drained means more efficiency at lower battery levels, to the point the range difference is close to a wash.

I think the theory ewheels is going with is based on all the begode fires from a couple years ago; putting higher strain on lithium batteries can cause dendrites to form internally on the batteries eventually leading to internal shorts, whereas if you don't strain the battery so much these are slower to form (or don't form at all); so in theory the battery pack should age much better in the 40T pack because it is not being strained as much. (there is only room for a couple of parallel packs; the larger wheels can get away with using the lower amp draw batteries because they just put more of them in parallel to share the load which just is not possible in the tiny mten4 shell)

• Thanks 2