1 hour ago, LeKeiser said:

He can say whatever he wants, he wants to sell the Mten4... 
There is no way to know if it's a newer version? The serial number ? Something distinctive ? 

Unfortunately no, from the picture that I've seen the batch 2 Mten4's look the same as the batch one wheels. I have a batch 1 that hasn't had any issues so I think you'll be alright unless your doing stunts and it other things.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 8:08 PM, YCC said:

The mileage recording instrument is dead, what is going on? The screen record always stops at 999.9, however, the mileage record on the app has exceeded 1000.

A173C642-06DF-4E24-B42A-28CBFAFA481F.thumb.jpeg.164b00ed005168aa43afb4092ec274b1.jpeg

On 2/3/2023 at 8:54 AM, YCC said:

Good news pertaining to the mileage display issues, the firmware will be updated recently by the engineer of Begode. 

15 minutes ago, YCC said:

Firstly, connect to the app of Begode, meanwhile, and then make sure that the power button is pressed when you press the update click.

Secondly, press and hold the power button until the 100% update process is complete. The power of the wheel will be lost, but the display will still function when the update processing is processed.

Finally, the issue of display was solved.A1FA4A6D-5916-42C3-9970-B1CCD328640A.thumb.jpeg.5d1569237cbf6e8f79cdc641132a93d0.jpeg

Wonderful to see this issue go through the full process from discovery to resolution, thank you so much for sharing this with us!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BKW said:

It's not a proper Begode unboxing unless there is 15 minutes worth of fannying about with that ridiculous fake 3M rubbish. Why they persist with that is beyond me. Even if  it did work in sticking the pads to the frame for longer than 15 minutes, it's a terrible first impression of them for a new rider to get. Perhaps that's it - they do it intentionally as a sort of subtle warning about the build quality elsewhere ;) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BKW said:

Anyone else still waiting on ewheels shipment for mten4? I was thinking it should be shipping out by now

Yes.

Per the recent discussion, ewheels received the shipment of wheels, however there was an issue where they had the wrong battery. (It seems that they were mistakenly sent the 300Wh packs which alienrides is selling, rather than the 600Wh packs they were expecting)

They are having the packs corrected, but are waiting for shipping on those (plus they need to install them on all the wheels). One forum member reports that they were willing to send out the 300Wh version on request, with the promise of sending the second 300Wh pack when available, so if that is something you want it may be worth reaching out to Jason at ewheels.

I'm honestly not sure why they haven't sent an email out to folks who have preorders in, would've been nice to get a heads up without having to go to forums or emailing Jason directly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Yes.

Per the recent discussion, ewheels received the shipment of wheels, however there was an issue where they had the wrong battery. (It seems that they were mistakenly sent the 300Wh packs which alienrides is selling, rather than the 600Wh packs they were expecting)

They are having the packs corrected, but are waiting for shipping on those (plus they need to install them on all the wheels). One forum member reports that they were willing to send out the 300Wh version on request, with the promise of sending the second 300Wh pack when available, so if that is something you want it may be worth reaching out to Jason at ewheels.

I'm honestly not sure why they haven't sent an email out to folks who have preorders in, would've been nice to get a heads up without having to go to forums or emailing Jason directly.

Thanks. Yeah, I didn't want to email him and ask because I'm sure he gets tons of emails about it already. I might though

On 2/3/2023 at 1:42 AM, UPONIT said:

Ask dealer before you buy.

I'm not sure what ppl are doing to bend their frames?? :shock2:

Surprisingly easy unfortunately :(, All I do is pendulums, switches, and backward riding and I managed to bend mine.  No crazy drops, jumps, or anything like that.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:00 AM, Clem604 said:

Unfortunately no, from the picture that I've seen the batch 2 Mten4's look the same as the batch one wheels. I have a batch 1 that hasn't had any issues so I think you'll be alright unless your doing stunts and it other things.

sideways pressure is what will do it, like aggressive one foot riding.  Side to side is silly weak.  Not really stunting, just leaning heavily on one foot.

19 hours ago, BKW said:

Anyone else still waiting on ewheels shipment for mten4? I was thinking it should be shipping out by now

Just got an email response saying shipping to customers likely around the 17th this month for the full battery versions

• Like 3

These new mten4 shipments from ewheels will be 600wh Samsung 40T packs. Originally, the mten4 came with 750wh Samsung 50E packs.

Anyone know the difference between the two and why they chose to go down to 600wh 40T instead of keep the 750 50E packs?

Here is a direct quote from ewheels website on the 600wh batteries:

"While the new BMS architecture possesses improved safety mechanisms—temperature probes & short-protection—the hard lessons of history have demonstrated that latent fire risks may only be manifested years later. For this comparatively small machine, we deem it essential to require this model be equipped with a high-powered cell, the Samsung 40T. Beyond the safety/performance benefits, other advantages include: faster charging potential (up to 8-10A), superior pack longevity, cooler operation, increased performance, more efficient utilization of energy from the battery pack." https://www.ewheels.com/product/mten4-500-deposit/ (bottom of page)

Still, if anyone could give further information/thoughts on this subject it'd be appreciated!

Anyone know the less distance you'd get on the 600wh 40T packs instead of the 750wh 50E packs? Or would it be similar?

Edited by BKW

2 hours ago, BKW said:

Anyone know the less distance you'd get on the 600wh 40T packs instead of the 750wh 50E packs? Or would it be similar?

The last time this topic came up, this was my commentary:

On 1/11/2023 at 5:58 AM, rebeuc said:

Not necessarily, though this still needs to be tested.

Think of this like the S18 Molicel vs the regular S18; range actually ends up being similar because the lack of voltage sag as the capacity is drained means more efficiency at lower battery levels, to the point the range difference is close to a wash.

I think the theory ewheels is going with is based on all the begode fires from a couple years ago; putting higher strain on lithium batteries can cause dendrites to form internally on the batteries eventually leading to internal shorts, whereas if you don't strain the battery so much these are slower to form (or don't form at all); so in theory the battery pack should age much better in the 40T pack because it is not being strained as much. (there is only room for a couple of parallel packs; the larger wheels can get away with using the lower amp draw batteries because they just put more of them in parallel to share the load which just is not possible in the tiny mten4 shell)

Edited by rebeuc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, BKW said:

Just got an email response saying shipping to customers likely around the 17th this month for the full battery versions

I think I misinterpreted the email.

I think he meant Begode will finish the batteries on the 10th, then it will be a week before ewheels receives it. My guess is customers probably won't see any new mten4s from ewheels until the end of the month or beginning of March

Just got the trolley handle in the mail for the mten4. I notice the lip portion that should attach to the wheel looks bent. Is it supposed to be bent like that?

20230210_155123.jpg20230210_155138.jpg

20230210_155148.jpg

Edited by BKW

24 minutes ago, BKW said:

Just got the trolley handle in the mail for the mten4. I notice the lip portion that should attach to the wheel looks bent. Is it supposed to be bent like that?

20230210_155123.jpg20230210_155138.jpg

20230210_155148.jpg

Maybe it was bent during shipping, mine came straight. It should be too difficult to bent it back a little.

• Like 1

Finally just got an official update email from ewheels about the situation.

Hello All,

Sorry everyone for this MTen4 situation...
If you haven't heard, Begode shipped our MTen4s with a half/300Wh battery pack, instead of the 600Wh that was ordered last year.

The plan of action is that we've ordered 100x of the 600Wh packs [production just completed] which are being flown in next week & swapping out the packs before shipping out—it might take a couple weeks to get through the backlog, since there's a couple other models that are undergoing rework in the repair queue.

If you prefer that we ship out a 300Wh MTen4 now, we can have it shipped out today, then coordinate to have the replacement 600Wh battery pack sent out separately on arrival. If you're up for this, we'll be providing a return label for sending the original pack, along with instructions for carrying out this operation.

Lastly, we've sent in an inspection team to ensure the battery build was done by the book & individually tested—it is impressive to see how Begode has automated their battery builds in the past few months.   

Thank you & have a great weekend,

Jason

There were a bunch of videos attached about the tests that were done as well, but I am not copying those over here

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Finally just got an official update email from ewheels about the situation.

Yeah, I just got the same email from wheels as well.

I think I'll just wait for the 600wh packs instead of dealing with the whole ordeal of adding packs later.

Probably another month before we see it would be my assessment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 1:36 PM, BKW said:

Ewheels will start shipping mten4s out next week I am told

Confirmed, they just sent out the following email (link removed by me)

Good afternoon, 

The MTen4 battery packs have landed. We're working through swapping out the 300Wh packs with the newly arrived 600Wh capacity batteries. 

Fortunately this is a pretty simple operation, we ought to be able to get through the backorders by the end of next week. Here's the link for the MTen4 balance, if you're in a position to settle that.
<link removed>

Thanks again & have a great weekend,

Jason 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Confirmed, they just sent out the following email (link removed by me)

Mine was supposed to arrive today but I had it redirected to another pickup location. Hopefully I'll get it in next couple days

• Like 1

Just got my mten4 today. I'm letting it charge up and I'll take it out later tonight when the city streets die down. The sides on the shins are definitely painful. I've seen people put double baby bumpers on them to help. I already have one layer of baby bumpers on each side -- ran out of more -- but it still hurts. I see myself trying to avoid leaning it up against my leg to mount it, unlike most wheels.

I see myself taking this thing out for late night store runs, etc. When I get used to it maybe I'll do longer errands around the city.

Now that I have this and the 16X, I'm thinking I'll probably end up selling the 16X eventually and replacing it with a backup advanced wheel like the EBCP or Sherman-S, then I won't buy an EUC for a long, long time.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

I just got back from a 3 miles trip with the mten4. It dropped over 30% charge in 3 miles. I thought that was quick. I then looked at the spec sheet they sent in the box and it says battery capacity of 300wh. I also looked at the shipping box and on it it says mten4s with spec 300wh. They sent me a 300wh instead of the 600wh I paid for. Kind upset, not gonna lie. The frame was also bent because it's weak as hell. Cheap metal body on it. I contacted ewheels.

Edited by BKW
  • Sad 1