6 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Not necessarily, though this still needs to be tested.

Think of this like the S18 Molicel vs the regular S18; range actually ends up being similar because the lack of voltage sag as the capacity is drained means more efficiency at lower battery levels, to the point the range difference is close to a wash.

I think the theory ewheels is going with is based on all the begode fires from a couple years ago; putting higher strain on lithium batteries can cause dendrites to form internally on the batteries eventually leading to internal shorts, whereas if you don't strain the battery so much these are slower to form (or don't form at all); so in theory the battery pack should age much better in the 40T pack because it is not being strained as much. (there is only room for a couple of parallel packs; the larger wheels can get away with using the lower amp draw batteries because they just put more of them in parallel to share the load which just is not possible in the tiny mten4 shell)

Thank you for the insights. Very interesting 🙂👍

59 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

WrongWay's ride review is out

Good review. Talks about the cons as well as the pros in a fair manner. He seems to be having a lot of fun. I haven't heard him giggle that much in many videos. Seems to like the incline ability and the nimbleness. It's not easy or "comfortable" but it is definitely unique.

Highlight: how easy it is to stay motionless in place for several seconds at a time.

Street tire is worth the upgrade.

Edited by UPONIT
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Good review. Talks about the cons as well as the pros in a fair manner. He seems to be having a lot of fun. I haven't heard him giggle that much in many videos. Seems to like the incline ability and the nimbleness. It's not easy or "comfortable" but it is definitely unique.

Highlight: how easy it is to stay motionless in place for several seconds at a time.

Street tire is worth the upgrade.

I have a different impression of his video. You say you think he looks to be having fun, I say he looks to be more concerned and frustrated.

I will definitely ask for the street tire from ewheels now.

This video has made me second-guess my decision, or think a little more about it. I already have a 16X for "things around my apartment", but I do agree the mten4 is a novelty item more than anything for riders with some experience. Likely, I'll keep my deposit but will change the tire to street.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BKW said:

I have a different impression of his video. You say you think he looks to be having fun, I say he looks to be more concerned and frustrated.

I will definitely ask for the street tire from ewheels now.

This video has made me second-guess my decision, or think a little more about it. I already have a 16X for "things around my apartment", but I do agree the mten4 is a novelty item more than anything for riders with some experience. Likely, I'll keep my deposit but will change the tire to street.

Agreed about the first two points

I always knew it was more of a novelty wheel, and am getting it with that in mind.

I am curious if the ewheels 40T battery pack will be less susceptible to the overpower pedal dips he talked about or not. (Just as easily could be a motor limitation rather than the battery packs)

• Like 1

The Mten4 is a novelty wheel but a really fun one at that. I like the range as I can ride it down the bike paths where I live and its perfect for that and many other things. I routinely ride about 20 miles on a single charge so it's great if you just ripping around the neighbourhood, going to your local coffee shop , or riding the seawall at the park. For myself, the street tire has really changed how much I like this wheel. The best thing about the MTen4 is that you'll find places to ride it where you normally wouldn't with a bigger wheel, such as riding around the office while making obstacle courses with chairs and my co-workers desks:D

Picture of said coffee run below :)

20221127_121242.thumb.jpg.d410f44f789330370787f44345647399.jpg

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Paul A said:

If devices like the mTen4 become adopted by the masses.....as a substitute for walking.....is health and obesity going to be an unintended consequence?

Not a chance that will happen. Too steep a learning curve to ever be widely adopted. IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Btw, talked to Jason again today via email and he said the new mten4 shipment is likely to be 3 weeks now because they are having Begode ship 100 new batteries from China. The extra delay is also because it seems like Begode or China is on "holiday".

But at least this means they should be the right batteries🤷‍♂️

Edited by BKW

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

If devices like the mTen4 become adopted by the masses.....as a substitute for walking.....is health and obesity going to be an unintended consequence?

If that was the case then cars have already made people fat

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BKW said:

If that was the case then cars have already made people fat

Devices causing obesity.

Obesity causing need for mobility devices.

Maybe cause and effect in both directions, simultaneously.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paul A said:

Devices causing obesity.

Obesity causing need for mobility devices.

Maybe cause and effect in both directions, simultaneously.

You don't get that fat from not walking alone. You have to have a mental or physiological issue.

But anyway, I think this discussion belongs in the general section of the forum so I'll stop talking about it, and back to the mten4s :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Paul A said:

Honestly I don't know about you all but I wear a watch that monitors my heart rate, and when riding my EUC I burn more calories than when I go for a walk. (Not as much as jogging, not by a long shot, but still more than walking when going by clock time; walking would probably win calorie wise for distance traveled though)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, YCC said:

The mileage recording instrument is dead, what is going on? The screen record always stops at 999.9, however, the mileage record on the app has exceeded 1000.

A173C642-06DF-4E24-B42A-28CBFAFA481F.thumb.jpeg.164b00ed005168aa43afb4092ec274b1.jpeg

This sounds like a question to take up with your vendor who can ask Begode for support; you are quite possibly the first one to get the mileage that high on one of these things!

With that being said, I have seen other reports of other recent Begode wheels with this style of display having the exact same issue, so you are probably not the only one.

The following video is someone with a different model who has the same problem:

• Upvote 1

In addition for the mileage display issue, I found this forum thread from the master; apparently the batch 1 master had this issue and it was solved with a firmware update, hopefully it's the same for the mten4!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1