33 minutes ago, mlau said:

How do you update the firmware of the mten4?  I found nothing with a quick google search, or in the app.

it's hidden in the app. i'm not near my wheel at the moment. just look through everywhere. i remember it being in a very non-intuitive place.

found it. it's under "Me" - > "Settings" - > Firmware Upgrade

Edited by UPONIT
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

it's hidden in the app. i'm not near my wheel at the moment. just look through everywhere. i remember it being in a very non-intuitive place.

found it. it's under "Me" - > "Settings" - > Firmware Upgrade

Ooh, it's hidden behind the Account login, thank you!  Well, I already gave inmotion some data, i guess it's time to confuse the chinese with more nonsensical contradictory data about me :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mlau said:

How do you update the firmware of the mten4?  I found nothing with a quick google search, or in the app.

C99FB493-6484-4E89-9D8D-678497FE13FD.thumb.jpeg.aca216aa377dc99051e2d4a1c1228a84.jpegYou can find the updated software in “Settings” then “Firmware Upgrade” however, the mileage display issue is still not resolved after I upgraded the firmware. I am asking the dealer at present, and the official after-sales person has not yet respond to the solution of the issue. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, YCC said:

however, the mileage display issue is still not resolved after I upgraded the firmware.

I'm sorry to hear that; Please keep us updated if you get any sort of resolution (or even if you get the runaround with no answer)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone in NYC got a begode 84v charger I could borrow for a couple hours? My replacement charging port arrived but the charger isn't charging the battery (light stays on green when plugged in), I'm hoping I just killed my charger by plugging it into the old shorted charging port. (Display on the unit reads 80% charge and it was ridden some before it was last charged.)

Alternatively, can one test a charger with a multimeter?

On 1/18/2023 at 10:01 AM, joeboots said:

Anyone in NYC got a begode 84v charger I could borrow for a couple hours? My replacement charging port arrived but the charger isn't charging the battery (light stays on green when plugged in), I'm hoping I just killed my charger by plugging it into the old shorted charging port. (Display on the unit reads 80% charge and it was ridden some before it was last charged.)

My concern would be if there was a short in the charge port, it would not just short the charger but would also short the batteries.

I know I would also hesitate to loan a charger on the off chance plugging it in could cause damage.

If you are going to continue trying to fix this up after what I recall to be water exposure and a very concerning series of events with almost all components being replaced, using a multimeter is the bare minimum of what I would expect.

You would want to check both the pins on the charger, AND the pins on the wheel charge port, AND the pins on each of the individual battery pack leads.
I seem to recall that begode charge ports are always hot, so you should be able to read the voltage on that.

I think you can also do the same to the ports on the charger. (I'm not entirely sure if that is true for chargers meant for wheels that require negotiation for the charge port to become live, but I would assume it would be true for the begode chargers)

• Upvote 2

Also if you do this be very careful when testing the male pins to not short them against the housing, you may want to find some sort of shielded clip or breakout cable to get access to the pins without risk of short

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Also if you do this be very careful when testing the male pins to not short them against the housing, you may want to find some sort of shielded clip or breakout cable to get access to the pins without risk of short

slide a hunk of unshrunk heat shrink tubing over each of the pins, then put the probes into the tubing. Exercise care when removing (one at a time).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Demian B said:

Anyone else rolling around on a 300wh MTen4?

I'll bite, what's a 300Wh Mten4? The stock models have either 750Wh or 600Wh; do you have a 600Wh variant with a failed battery pack or something?

• Like 1

@rebeuc It's Mten4 AR 300wh 40t cells https://alienrides.com/products/gotway-begode-mten4-electric-unicycle

Kevin Graehl "This is an entry wheel, or a wheel you always keep at your girlfriend's house, or in your trunk, or at work, or in a camper.We asked begode for a smaller wh with a lower entry price. The demographic may not be a hardcore rider, on a rampage to get from point a to b."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

@rebeuc It's Mten4 AR 300wh 40t cells https://alienrides.com/products/gotway-begode-mten4-electric-unicycle

Kevin Graehl "This is an entry wheel, or a wheel you always keep at your girlfriend's house, or in your trunk, or at work, or in a camper.We asked begode for a smaller wh with a lower entry price. The demographic may not be a hardcore rider, on a rampage to get from point a to b."

Variety is the spice of Life! Good on them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kiitick said:

I believe that's what happened with ewheels packs. They were supposed to be 2 parallel packs of 300, but they only put in 1. 

Good catch! You might be right. Although wouldn't they have known why Begode sent them 1-pack wheels?

Edited by UPONIT

6 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Good catch! You might be right. Although wouldn't they have know why Begode sent them 1-pack wheels?

Maybe, and Jason didn't want to explain why to a customer. Or, maybe Jason didn't know. Or, maybe kiitick assumption is wrong, but it is a good assumption :)

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 3:32 AM, rebeuc said:

I'll bite, what's a 300Wh Mten4? The stock models have either 750Wh or 600Wh; do you have a 600Wh variant with a failed battery pack or something?

Yes, Begode sent some Mten4s with the wrong battery size to Jason.  I opted to have a half-nutted wheel sent my way, being impatient.  Jason will send the other 300wh pack whenever it arrives.  I wish the weather were better here in Wisconsin so I could see what kind of range it gets.

Surprisingly, the honeycomb pedal of Inmotion is available to MTen4.

The angle of the pedals tilt slightly inward, however, I find the pedals safer and easier to control compared to the original pedals. 

17C2EFFB-5033-4D8F-852B-16EB0362311A.jpeg.d259c385bfcaba48e5a57f6b859160a5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, YCC said:

Surprisingly, the honeycomb pedal of Inmotion is available to MTen4.

Good to hear, but not surprising as the typical Gotway pedal mount is VERY similar to the Inmotion pedal mount.

If I recall correctly you will want to add another set of washers to the pedal bracket to prevent forward and back movement of the pedal, as the Inmotion mount is slightly wider. I can kinda see that in your photo with a bit of a gap there, as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

…to prevent forward and back movement of the pedal, as the Inmotion mount is slightly wider. I can kinda see that in your photo with a bit of a gap there, as well.

Yes, the gap exist, but there is also a screw under the pedal to hold the pedal in place, so the pedals does not slide back and forth. 

12 minutes ago, YCC said:

Yes, the gap exist, but there is also a screw under the pedal to hold the pedal in place, so the pedals does not slide back and forth.

The screw on the bottom is to tighten the pedals so they don't flop around, so the pedals can stay up for example. It is not meant to prevent forward and back motion, and having it exposed to that will likely cause wearing on the screw; not the biggest deal for a wheel like this but just be aware that screw won't stay tight forever. (I have a couple Inmotion wheels and I'm always having to tighten that screw)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rebeuc said:

The screw on the bottom is to tighten the pedals so they don't flop around, so the pedals can stay up for example. It is not meant to prevent forward and back motion, and having it exposed to that will likely cause wearing on the screw; not the biggest deal for a wheel like this but just be aware that screw won't stay tight forever. (I have a couple Inmotion wheels and I'm always having to tighten that screw)

My impression is that the set screw prevents back and forth sliding, and the end screws with nylon bumpers are what provides the friction for pedal open/close? Either way, they work fine on the Mten4.

But I'm really liking version 2 of my stock-pedal upgrade, where I tapped holes and added nubs just like the InMotion ones. 20 per pedal. That way the stock pedals are grippier and sized right for the wheel. :D

AlienRides also will CNC the pedals so that they are covered with low-rise spike texture that looks great and is grippier than stock.

• Like 1