17 hours ago, klent said:

Side panel color change looks great. I'm still searching for a good water-based spray paint, possibly Liquitex. Do you recall the exact brand you used that's safe for this foam? 

My buddy used plastidip on his A2 which is the same material. Looks good and seems to be holding up

image.thumb.png.74822944b67f3357772e88d8f567aafb.png

• Like 3

Anyone has pics of their MTen4 w/ pads on, I see Grizzla, Clark, and baby bumpers but since there's a blank space the rear pad won't be attached as much. Are both front and rear pads necessary for this small device? I have limited EUC knowledge coming from a PintX.

Also, I saw posts recommending add a quarter of Slime beforehand for the knobby tires. Slime has 3 options, tires with tubes, tubeless, and 2-in-1, would it matter which I put in? Thanks.

38 minutes ago, klent said:

Are both front and rear pads necessary for this small device?

IMO no pads are needed for such a small device, you really don't need any lever to push it. Only intense jumping might need something above the foot to pull on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, klent said:

Anyone has pics of their MTen4 w/ pads on, I see Grizzla, Clark, and baby bumpers but since there's a blank space the rear pad won't be attached as much. Are both front and rear pads necessary for this small device? I have limited EUC knowledge coming from a PintX.

Also, I saw posts recommending add a quarter of Slime beforehand for the knobby tires. Slime has 3 options, tires with tubes, tubeless, and 2-in-1, would it matter which I put in? Thanks.

You don’t “need” pads on this little wheel, but I prefer them on mine. They keep me from getting bounced off of the pedals and I’ve been doing some small jumps. I stuck some Kai pads on mine. I added polyethylene fairings that covers the gaps in the frame for better mounting. 

https://armor-dilloz.com/ Carry tire sealant designed for these wheels. 

Edited by Hellkitten

After getting the chance to try one of these i'm tempted to purchase one, but I have a few questions:

- 300 vs 750wh - anyone notice much difference between these? A mate of mine has a 750wh version (I think) for 1k aud/same price as 300wh new, but 300wh is still a bit lighter and I feel like I might possibly care about that for a wheel this small already? Anyone tried both?
- Anyone tried or know how to mod/update the board to a 100V firmware? I've heard this is possible and it's an interesting idea to me. Basically considering swapping the cells inside for 24s lipo that I already happen to own, would be more voltage and very high accessible C-rates (though a longer term solution is probably to use P45Bs)

- Anyone know the peak power this little thing can manage?

- Axle durability? Talking for jumping up and down curbs with it, since it's so light it'd be easy to do physical jumps with (nothing huge, though it'd be comforting to know if it could do that too)

If I hadn't ridden one I wouldn't have realised just how insanely bonkers nimble and fun this little thing is! I could practically ride this on a busy footpath with no fuss.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:54 AM, joeboots said:

I've broken one axle already on an mten4, won't be doing any more curbs with mine

Damn, that's probably enough to convince me to avoid it :(. It's light enough that I could jump with it like I wasn't jumping with anything at all, but if that's likely to break it I guess i'll give it a miss.

2 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

Damn, that's probably enough to convince me to avoid it :(. It's light enough that I could jump with it like I wasn't jumping with anything at all, but if that's likely to break it I guess i'll give it a miss.

I want an updated mten5 already. The mten mini has a hollowbore axle that would definitely be able to handle curb hops and jumps that the mten4 axle couldnt. Sucks that they used that type of axle on the 42v mten mini. I wonder if that motor can be adapted onto the mten4 somehow

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't jump curbs and everything will be FINE!

I'm 280lbs heavy and my wheel axle is smaller in diameter than Mten4. And somehow over 3 years i haven't broken mine... If you don't jump and abuse the poor lil thing - everything will be fine.

That's what I thought when I got my new motor for the mten4 after snapping the first one. I'm down to 200lbs now and have been careful not to jump any curbs and avoid anything that could weaken the axle. Hit a small divot in the asphalt at 15mph and the axle snapped like a pretzel rod. Luckily I was able to walk it off without crashing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, joeboots said:

That's what I thought when I got my new motor for the mten4 after snapping the first one. I'm down to 200lbs now and have been careful not to jump any curbs and avoid anything that could weaken the axle. Hit a small divot in the asphalt at 15mph and the axle snapped like a pretzel rod. Luckily I was able to walk it off without crashing.

Waa if it's true - i have no words.

Doh any higher drop can crack the axle and over time that crack gets bigger. And you going into that divot snapped it. My bet is that it was already cracked..

I personally don't even want any wheel that has those small thin axles. I'm only looking for hallow bore or some kind euc which has thicker axle than my wheel. For my new wheel..

Edited by Funky

7 hours ago, joeboots said:

That's what I thought when I got my new motor for the mten4 after snapping the first one. I'm down to 200lbs now and have been careful not to jump any curbs and avoid anything that could weaken the axle. Hit a small divot in the asphalt at 15mph and the axle snapped like a pretzel rod.

Very disappointing in particular given it has a 4 in its name. How many more versions do we have to wait until this gets fixed?

Edited by Mono
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, joeboots said:

Are you riding in any wet conditions? My buddy snapped his mten4 axle and suspected it was likely because he rode in wet conditions and the rust weakened the axle. You could tell there is rust right where his axle snapped

I really want an updated mten4. Crazy how the mten mini has a hollowbore axle and is built much nicer but we still dont have an updated mten5

• 2 weeks later...

Is it confirmed that the mten mini has a hollowbore axle? I've been thinking of getting one to replace my mten4 since because I think it could meet most of my needs for a neighborhood wheel if it truly has a stronger axle than the mten4. But the 150lb weight limit has been throwing me, I'm 200.

• 3 weeks later...