10 minutes ago, Cobaltsaber said:

Got to try an A2 the other day. Build quality is excellent. Wish my Mten4 was built that good. Ride wise though, the A2 was underwhelming. It doesnt have the fun nimbleness of the mten4. The larger tire and stableness makes you want to ride faster, but it still has mten4 performance, speed and range. Makes the A2 feel limited for the entire ride. Its great for commuting from point A to B, but the mten4 is so much more fun

Suspicions confirmed. 👍👍

I thought the A2 might have an option but 1000w motor isn't enough; I can live with it on the MTen4 but only because the wheel is tiny and doesn't really feel it should be going above 30kmh. I think I'd be faceplanting all over town with the a bigger wheel attached to MTen4 specs

On 8/6/2023 at 10:08 AM, winterwheel said:

I thought the A2 might have an option but 1000w motor isn't enough; I can live with it on the MTen4 but only because the wheel is tiny and doesn't really feel it should be going above 30kmh. I think I'd be faceplanting all over town with the a bigger wheel attached to MTen4 specs

Yeah. Wonder why they kept the 1kW motor in a larger EUC? They could've at least gone 1.5kW just to make it a little more tempting... just my 2 cents. 

To me the Mten4's appeal is that it's as small as an EUC can possibly (kinda) be. So tiny motor makes sense. A2 loses the ultra-portability, so why not juice it up a little?

Edited by UPONIT
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I assumed we were talking about an Mten4, since this is a Mten thread, but then I look below your avatar and read EX30.

If we’re talking about an Mten, a free spin exam should be easy. Those are known for easily getting bent.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

I assumed we were talking about an Mten4, since this is a Mten thread, but then I look below your avatar and read EX30.

If we’re talking about an Mten, a free spin exam should be easy. Those are known for easily getting bent.

Yes mten4.  Only happens when tire is warmed and pedals are loaded.  Free spin shows no deformation.  

45 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Try making a chalk line around the tyre, then go for a ride, and see where it is rubbing off - that sometimes helps identify where noises are coming from...

Or white eraser pen - the one you use to paint over text/mistakes. :D I also wanted to suggest the same thing. 

Edited by Funky

16 hours ago, Lilvodka said:

I’m 70kg so maybe I should be lower.

I wouldn’t go lower. Smaller air cavities need more air pressure to keep the rider afloat. For example the 16x2.125” wheels of yesteryear needed 45psi or more, while the current 18x3” and larger are fine with 30psi. Even less if it has a stiff tire.

One way to check the tire sag is to ride through a puddle onto a dry ground and examine the tire track after the puddle. Roughly, if the track is the width of the tire, there’s not enough pressure. If the track is less than half the tire width, there’s too much pressure.

Of course personal riding habits, environment and preferences play a role as well. But one needs to be sure to go out of the safe range of pressures.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/13/2023 at 7:33 PM, joeboots said:

i'm not sure what they're called, but the set screws that attach the pedals and frame to the axle have a habit of coming loose on my mten4, allowing some play that can cause tire rub. worth a check anyways.

Lol this was the issue I think, tightened screws and seems okay now.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, jacobjj said:

Does anyone know if you can change the behaviour of the rear led? The settings in the app don't change anything 

Previously there was a firmware for "fun LED". It is now missing on the app but you should be able to find it in EUC world app

On 10/3/2022 at 9:14 PM, redfoxdude said:

Welp, I couldn't resist and ended up picking one up. Never had an Mten3 either, but always wanted one. It's super fun! Gonna love toying around on it and using it for little trips. 13kg is what my bathroom scale says. Not too bad to bring around.

The stock handle is really rattly though, and I'm not sure if it will really hold up. Maybe? The ends are mounted too far apart, so it has a few mm of play when retracted 🤦‍♂️
Mten4_OriginalHandle.thumb.jpg.a21023424d64f0f289b938d25a6bafba.jpg Mten4_OriginalHandleCloseup.thumb.jpg.020a75c0860e8268854ee617ba846bf5.jpg

Designed and printed a rigid handle out of PETG. So far so good. Printables and Thingiverse for anyone interested. Also, a TPU headlight bumper, now on Printables and Thingverse too.
Mten4_Handle.thumb.jpg.86d3e9d7297d4f333e3899d6b05667c4.jpg Mten4_HeadlightBumper.thumb.jpg.5e21e992c9fc3381eed2569da74ca054.jpg
P.S. the side pads look pretty good with a little spray paint! :)

Side panel color change looks great. I'm still searching for a good water-based spray paint, possibly Liquitex. Do you recall the exact brand you used that's safe for this foam?