1 minute ago, redfoxdude said:

At the hardware store :lol: All jokes aside, it's just some spray paint. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :)

cool, I'm considering picking up tire spray paint and trying that https://www.autozone.com/paint-and-body/tire-and-wheel-paint/p/dupli-color-black-tire-paint/812696_0_0?cmpid=LIA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:PBD:8362702311&gclid=CjwKCAjws--ZBhAXEiwAv-RNL61REJ37XHKj2hcZN_Q08YCKr30yxdoJNOylJfZ5XuX5K0NvrS1-UBoC-7IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

On 9/24/2022 at 1:27 AM, meriwald said:

It's no problem. 84v wheels usually never have active cooling, and motor is not that powerful to cause any overheating 

it would get hot on high surface angles, uplands etc
besides, stock
thermal interface kinda bad

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YCC said:

Autobot brothers,  I am M-T, Bumblebee’s relative , we and Optimus Prime have a decision, we decided to protect earth and be your personal electric vehicle. 

D593C92A-B358-4347-8F8E-AD771B011CB3.thumb.jpeg.b2741966c5d6129b2f6290e2b65a75d7.jpeg

Looks nice in yellow. I hope they make the pads available in other colors not just blue.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Feed the geese said:

Hey I just got this wheel and can't get it to stop beeping. I already took it out of transport mode and connected it to the app. Anybody know how to fix this? I will be contacting alienrides Monday. 

Show us the video? 

13 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Ronin, you should mention that your 6'4". that way people can be aware that it's too small for you. I thought we came to that conclusion when I was so inspirationally riding around you on my mten3 that day.

the finess and mastery that the mten class wheels require, especially for someone as tall as you, 6'4", it wont start becomming apparent untill 1000 miles in. not saying you cant finess it, but clearly your not there yet, you gave up.

this is a wheel for people who bend their knees a lot, sporty people, who get low and have creative expressive styles. if your not approaching it as a rough sporty activity, like riding a skateboard, than yeah, leave it home.

and... as far as it being a toy, FTR, I filmed myself, on an mten3, catching up to you. I started 3 blocks behind, in nyc traffic, and you were on a master (link below).

Edited by ZweemZ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

and... as far as it being a toy, FTR, I filmed myself, on an mten3, catching up to you. I started 3 blocks behind, in nyc traffic, and you were on a master (link below).

Of course it is yours choice, but for me it was very uneasy to watch you riding that toy in the middle of traffic without any gear.

• Upvote 1

To me, @ZweemZ came across very comfortable while riding his mten3 in slow NYC traffic, while filming. I can't judge because I haven't ridden there. I certainly didn't see any close calls.

I have never been on a mten3, but it couldn't have been easy to ride that small a wheel on the mten3 on such roads with bumps, and manhole covers. 

Edited by techyiam

10 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

Ronin, you should mention that your 6'4". that way people can be aware that it's too small for you. I thought we came to that conclusion when I was so inspirationally riding around you on my mten3 that day.

the finess and mastery that the mten class wheels require, especially for someone as tall as you, 6'4", it wont start becomming apparent untill 1000 miles in. not saying you cant finess it, but clearly your not there yet, you gave up.

this is a wheel for people who bend their knees a lot, sporty people, who get low and have creative expressive styles. if your not approaching it as a rough sporty activity, like riding a skateboard, than yeah, leave it home.

I agree that mten is an acquired taste and sadly Ronin Ryder gave up on it too soon. Perhaps if he rides it more, his opinion might change in the future. 

10 hours ago, ZweemZ said:

Awesome video. Maybe a game changer for me, who knows, I really didn't think it was possible to ride an MTen3 like that. Clearly I need to give my demon wheels a bit more of a chance to shine in real-world commuting conditions.

an mten3 on an experienced rider made me feel like my s18 had a problem, I could not catch up. Amazing wheel in my opinion, but the mten4, especially the way the have the fets over the pack, I really do not like, I think they make the fire thread a lot bigger in a year or so. 

I did watch that begode video of it being kicked all over the place and surviving fine, but as Denis Hagov rightly predicted, that case is weak.

look at the shear on that ! :/

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

It depends on whether you are holding a glass half full, or half empty. 

The only thing that could have been bent is probably the steel chassis. That metal chassis is made of welded, formed steel sheet. It shouldn't be difficult to fix. It should be easy to bend back. And it can be repaired many times over. Even if there was more damaged, many welding shops could repair it. Unlike a bicycle, as long as the hangers are square to the axle, there aren't any geometry and alignment to worry about, other than tire clearance. The steel sheet formed box frame is just primarily to hold the small battery and controller board. 

If you look at the pedals relative to the wheel, they looked true.

Edited by techyiam

51 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If you look at the pedals relative to the wheel, they looked true.

Do you mean the bent mt4? Seems like at least one pedal was bent. M

• Upvote 1