Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

15 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I am honestly a little concerned about both the master and the s20. Both are 4p battery packs but now with stepped up voltage and performance?

As we have seen, 4p packs are the most risk of thermal runaway. And imo, a good portion of that has to do with them being right in the performance demand sweet spot. They are strong enough to be ridden extremely aggressively. Both in terms of discharge and regen braking. They are also purchased by riders who demand more from their machine as in fast charging and riding in unfavorable conditions. 

Putting those extreme stressors on 4 sets of series instead of say 6 or 8, means each set is getting further and further out of balance over time. Now we have wheels here that will want even more discharge power, and even harder regenerative braking. And they are suspension wheels whish we see even from the ads and demos people whant to do absurd things with. Jumping , and crashing, and mud riding etc. Riders will be abusing these batteries worse than any other 4p model released yet most likely.

Thankfully the s20 has a fairly advanced BMS which knowledgeable riders will be able to monitor their battery with. But thats only helping riders who kmow what voltages are and how dangerous an unbalanced battery is.

I have heard a substantial claim that begode will be delivering smart bms batteries in the coming month. Ive heard future batches of the master will contain these smart bms batteries. I hope its enough to prevent serious issues. Im afraid it will only be useful for enthusiasts however. 

Hopefully both companies include firmware battery monitoring that will alert riders when and cells get out if synch and wont allow them to ride until the pack is fully.balanced

I've been writing this for months. People that just stare at the numbers 126/134v, 3300w and High Torque, are going to be disappointed when it comes to acceleration and braking. The S20 uses the same low current M50LT cells you find elsewhere. In a 4P configuration it's just as limited as those other wheels (MSP, Nikola, RS). Heavy riders or race drivers beware. It's basically another S18 situation waiting to happen. The pack is too weak for the rated power draw. The voltage sag will be extreme if you attempt to push the wheel to its limits. Replace those cells with high current cells and it's another story. At least Begode has an option for better cells. Be aware though that Samsung 50E and 50G cells aren't much different from LG M50LT (although marginally better by ca 10-15% if memory serves). 50S cells however are amazing. They're the best from both worlds. Capacity (5000mAh) and extremely high current (35A). Super expensive stuff though.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

That's odd. Using Lithium Iron(phosphate) LiFePo4 cells occupies a lot more space than Li-Ion and the Master does not have LiFePo4 option listed. I don't quite see how they're going to offer it.

I don't think Begode ever did. Begode did offered the LFP option in the EX2, but it looks like they pulled it.

11 hours ago, Rolzi said:

chrome_sMOQJCmkmt.thumb.png.5e47ea7c1062c2b78b60a96fb3e014dd.png

if you ride alot in freezing temperatures the p42a has less volt sag/more range,  than a 40T

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=107573&hilit=p42a+test&start=25#p1597148

then you need to look at what materials they use for pack construction

its interesting they charge so much more for p42a and 40T than the m50

40T and m50 are the same price where i live

are they building the packs differently with heavier nickel and fatter wires?

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

This is possible because euc buyers have shown that they prefer more range over no of risk of fire, until their houses or apartments burn down. In fact, it looks like Begode.com has remove their lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery models from their euc line up on their website. Interestingly enough though, the Extreme Bull K6 uses LFP.

Aye, I agree. All the wheels can catch fire, but the gotway's got .. what 10x chanse to others? Thus this makes it more ironic in my eyes

(yea, I am riding MSP down to -18c/-0,4F. Trying to get down to -20c, but so far it is too cold to my face. I'm also the destroyer of wheels :P)

Edited by Kutvelo

6 minutes ago, Kutvelo said:

Interestingly enough though, the Extreme Bull K6 uses LFP.

I was surprised to learn this info.  Thanks!

3FG5AaP.png

3 hours ago, Paradox said:

It seems to have no front fender. 

all of this "new uncovered wheels" should be modded in some way,  riding such wheels in the dirt will be mess, both summer and winter

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So if alienrides offers higher discharge 42a molicel batteries will the firmware even be able to provide extra power/current to the wheel then the OG batteries?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wgm said:

So if alienrides offers higher discharge 42a molicel batteries will the firmware even be able to provide extra power/current to the wheel then the OG batteries?

The voltage and thus speed limit is the same. 

The acceleration (and likely braking) however will be different.

A wheel is only as powerful as its weakest link. Motor + board + battery. By having 35A x 4 = 140A at your disposal, instead of 10A x 4 = 40A with M50LT cells, you can imagine the potential. It won't be a small difference.

There is the possibility of using high current and high capacity cells. Samsung 50S cells are 5000mAh AND 35A. Availability, unknown. Price, expensive.

Anyway, to try and answer your question. By removing the pack from the limit calculation, now it falls on the board or the motor. It's going to come down to heat, mosfets, capacitors, solder joints, wire gauge, motor resiliance to high currents etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Since this video was published again, this time on YouTube I left a comment to ask their thinking:

Comment:

What is the purpose of this test, and what is it intend to simulate?
It appears you are testing the motor/controller against an unspecified amount of rolling resistance, which is between the 2 metallic rollers and the tire at unknown tire pressure.
Is it a test of the balancing algorithm stability at higher speeds?

One thing this test demonstrates is that that the Begode Master cannot sustain balancing a rider at 100km/h - 61 mph, since the power demand required from the aero drag will be vastly higher than the rolling resistance in this test.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

The firmware current limit will be the same (e.g.: 230A motor current). So the benefit will only come from being able to reach that 230A motor current at higher speeds, due to less voltage sag.

That's interesting. I'm curious if you think a current limit has ever led to an accident?

If I were a heavier rider in a group ride I'd be concerned.

Now that multiple pack options are emerging, we will certainly find out if the software needs tweaking when switching between packs. 

Also is the current limit pack dependant or is it simply to protect the board?

I read the post you linked to. I don't quite see how it's indicating current limiting, as much as overreporting. Is "safety" viewed as preventing cutouts or self (euc) preservation? I always thought Gotway was in the former camp, and the others in the latter.

11 hours ago, supercurio said:

One thing this test demonstrates is that that the Begode Master cannot sustain balancing a rider at 100km/h - 61 mph, since the power demand required from the aero drag will be vastly higher than the rolling resistance in this test.

Like you said. We don't know if the roller resistance is greater or lower than real life riding. It's going to be extremely sensitive to wind resistance at those speeds. That's for sure.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Planemo said:

Yes, so the people that push their wheels to the limits will be going even faster than usual when their wheel craps out.

What could possibly go wrong?

Unless riders start chilling out or the manufacturers start easing back on top speeds, euc's are gonna start hitting headlines for the wrong reasons quick smart. Its started already tbf.

I can only speak from the perspective of an american, but highly doubtful accidents catch major attention here. Individual locations may take action, but its not going to get national attention unless we suddenly start seeing hundreds of thousands of new riders. Would need to be popularized by a celebrity to catch on at massive scale and draw attention like that.

In general, the public freaks out over you killing innocent people, not you killing yourself. 

The Master will push the limit further than before, but honestly we are only talking marginally faster than a sherman. To a legislator, there isnt a difference between 52 mph and 61 mph. Would take a wheel breaking the 70-80 mph speed and people starting to bomb highways to really move the needle

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1