Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

43 minutes ago, EMA said:

50E or 40T , not an easy choise to me right now :D

Why is that? Are you contemplating whether it is worth the extra cost, or whether you could make use of the higher discharge rate (or other possible benefits if any) of the 40T?

Just now, techyiam said:

Why is that? Are you contemplating whether it is worth the extra cost, or whether you could make use of the higher discharge rate (or other possible benefits if any) of the 40T?

higher discharge is nice but is also something you do not use all of your riding-time, until some riding test will come out it's just a guess imho

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

That's interesting. I'm curious if you think a current limit has ever led to an accident?

If I were a heavier rider in a group ride I'd be concerned.

Ā 

Ā The only listed case other than the @RagingGrandpa specific one that I could see that was close to this limit or had reached it was the stress test 100V Msx or Msp pushing a car for several minutes a few years ago, difficult to match in classic situation no matter the weight in my opinionĀ 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, supercurio said:

Since this video was published again, this time on YouTube I left a comment to ask their thinking:

Comment:

What is the purpose of this test, and what is it intend to simulate?
It appears you are testing the motor/controller against an unspecified amount of rolling resistance, which is between the 2 metallic rollers and the tire at unknown tire pressure.
Is it a test of the balancing algorithm stability at higher speeds?

One thing this test demonstrates is that that the Begode Master cannot sustain balancing a rider at 100km/h - 61 mph, since the power demand required from the aero drag will be vastly higher than the rolling resistance in this test.

The author of the video (Begode rep.) replied:
Ā 

This is just a not rigorous test.

Ā 

Okay thenĀ :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EMA said:

50E or 40T , not an easy choise to me right now :D

On Master, I would pick 40T no doubt for two main reasons:

• Low voltage sag beneficial to maintaining high speeds on the torque motor
  • 40T appears to be among the cells most resilient to extraordinary abuse as reported by @goatman, which I guess from description would significantly reduce the risk of battery fire despite: dumb BMS, not being connected to the mainboard and of questionable robustness.
Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

Just posted by @Afeez Kay .Ā  Looks like the small fenders are going to leave a lot of dirty wheels.

Ā 

• Like 3

At 40-50 km/h a vast majority of the energy is wind resistance.

Weather conditions and the rider's frontal area are going to change from day to day/owner to owner.

Look at the range between an RS and an EX.N, for someone your size. Speedyfeet report ranges they've deliberately tried to make as short as possible, and they run the wheels down to 0%. You can't get a more honest answer. They're usually ridiculously short. Like the manufacturer specs 100km and they run the battery empty in 33km. (as an example).

• Like 3

The blue is growing on me but not mixed with the red lower pads.

Not sure if it is an optical illusion but the rear battery case looks buckled in this photo. I see the rear of the seat has taken a hit. I would expect 36kg wheel landing upside down from a tumble would transfer a fare bit of compression load to the cases. It seems the trend now is to use the cases as structural elements. I guess Chance and Mike Leahy will let us know if that is viable for their type of riding.

battery case.png

Ā 

Wheel Riders Store is advertizing these for US$2580 so you could afford to add some bracing.

I often wondered why they just didn't bolt on some motorcycle front forks and chuck the shock and linkages. I guess cost and needing to fit a central trolley handle had something to do with it. But it does looks like they heading that way ...

Given that Ekola and EcoDrift were shocked at the poor quality slider tubes of the Hero ( rust) and Kevin of EUC Upgrades found a tube of his Hero bent and suspension seized out of the box this obviously still can be improved. Well at least it is a much cleaner design than the S20. It even looks like you may be able to drop the wheel out quickly by removing 4 screws each side a la Reccio wheel.

Begode frame.jpg

Ā 

I do note that all the studio promotional shots have the suspension bottomed out. It looks weird being so tall. I guess if you ditched the suspension you could probably have a wheel some kgs lighter than a V12 but with more power and range.

347812231060.jpg

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 2

Thanks fbhb for clearing that up. When I first saw those frames and wheels lined up in the Begode factory that was exactly my thoughts as well. They certainly looked like EX2 and not Master but given that it was on a Wheel Riders Store video promoting the Master I convinced myself they must be using similar frames and the production version Master frame was different from the prototypes being tested.

Ā 

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Grimm10 said:

Will we be seeing someone unboxing/testing the pre-production of the Begode Master soon?

Sorry to have to say it, but unfortunately there has Never been such a thing as a pre-production Begode/GotWay wheel!

Begode will do All their testing in house (the Full extent of which, is unknown), then release their EUC's to the community to deal with/put up with any initial issues that may be found - then at some point re-iterate/upgrade the said model as they see fit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Grimm10 said:

Will we be seeing someone unboxing/testing the pre-production of the Begode Master soon?

According to Jack ex-Kingsong in his YouTube Channel, Electric Dreams, under the Community tab, he posted a day ago that he has ridden the Begode Master. In the comment section of that post, he stated that he will be releasing a review video soon. The post was terse so no idea which version of the Master Jack test rode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

I thought mass production start in about 2 weeks with expected arrival in May according to some eu Dealers...i ve put a preorder too

You might be right about eu arrivals. I put mine in through AlienRides which is a place in California and they're saying August.