Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

just remember how many words before the s20, 126v torque speed bla bla bla bla bla bla and then you find out that a 100v wheel perform better :D

for sure a c38 that can go 45mph is a revolution in terms of performance

If only specs mattered Master would be very attractive to me, but as @mrelwood says so many other things matter, just changing tire on a Begode suspension wheel seems like a complete nightmare (source: Hero teardown).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

just changing tire on a Begode suspension wheel seems like a complete nightmare (source: Hero teardown).

euc upgrades Youtuber Kevin appears to have a easier time taking the wheel off the Hero than off the S20. Wrongway and Ekolka, both did not have a easy time taking off the wheel off the S20. They didn't even show in their videos as to how they actually were able to lossen the screws and bolts. Permanent thread locking compound is no picnic, especially for those without experience, and when the screws and bolts that are heavily applied with the stuff.

A little bit off topic but your adjectives, complete nightmare, reminds me the experience I had with replacing a starter motor on a LS400 (first gen). The articles or videos don't do it justice. On many, many cars it would be a relatively easy job (of course some eaier than others). Two mounting bolts, and a couple of wires, right?

Edited by techyiam

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

euc upgrades Youtuber Kevin appears to have a easier time taking the wheel off the Hero than off the S20. Wrongway and Ekolka, both did not have a easy time taking off the wheel off the S20. They didn't even show in their videos as to how they actually were able to lossen the screws and bolts. Permanent thread locking compound is no picnic, especially for those without experience, and when the screws and bolts that are heavily applied with the stuff.

A little bit off topic but your adjectives, complete nightmare, reminds me the experience I had with replacing a starter motor on a LS400 (first gen). The articles or videos don't do it justice. On many, many cars it would be a relatively easy job (of course some eaier than others). Two mounting bolts, and a couple of wires, right?

I'm going by this: https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2021/12/26/begode-hero-ht-razbiraem/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

If you have other sources (video) please link.

Since you bring up the S20, regarding permanently attached screws you don't need to take those off to swap the tire, S20 seems much simpler to do a tire change even if you have to take it apart as well (read: easier to take a apart).

Edited by Rawnei
Better link
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

If you have other sources (video) please link.

13 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Since you bring up the S20, regarding permanently attached screws you don't need to take those off to swap the tire, S20 seems much simpler to do a tire change even if you have to take it apart as well (read: easier to take a apart).

Please provide a link that demonstrates this showing all the steps. Wrongway and Ekolka videos do not show all the steps.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Please provide a link that demonstrates this showing all the steps. Wrongway and Ekolka videos do not show all the steps.

Thanks, that video actually looks easier than the ecodrift teardown, looks like you only need to loosen axle screws on one side which makes things simpler.

There is no tire change video but you can watch any of the teardown videos of the S20 to get an idea how simple it is to disconnect controlboard and get the batteries off and the wheel out, you just have to to disregard the "screwy" screws as those will be fixed in production, example e-rides video:

I think the main difference is that the control box is just a box with some cables that is easy to take screw off and disconnect and then it's just about disconnecting the suspension linkage and sliding the battery cases off, looks very simple to me.

31 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

There is no tire change video but you can watch any of the teardown videos of the S20 to get an idea how simple it is to disconnect controlboard and get the batteries off and the wheel out, you just have to to disregard the "screwy" screws as those will be fixed in production, example e-rides video:

I think the main difference is that the control box is just a box with some cables that is easy to take screw off and disconnect and then it's just about disconnecting the suspension linkage and sliding the battery cases off, looks very simple to me.

I have watched those. But the problem I have with the videos I have watched is that they omit important steps. Because of that, it is really difficult to assess how difficult the procedure really is. As you have been active in this thread, you could already be aware that l was one of proponents who was hoping that there was a quick and easy wheel removal procedure for the S20. Conceptually, the S20 does have the potential to have a simpler way to remove the wheel. Unfortunately, no one has shown all the important steps that would demonstrate this. Kevin's video do show the steps, but unfortunately, he took the conventional approach with the S20. Wrongway did not show many of the difficult steps, including the removal of the fender, and shock linkages. And on top of that, Adam explicitly stated that removing the wheel from the bottom was the wrong way do it. He did not elaborate more on that. Ekolka video just omit many many important steps. It was highly simplified. Even then, he didn't think it was that easy to do.

My position is the the jury is still out on the S20. Until either I do one myself, or someone post a video showing all the important steps, I cannot draw a conclusion yet. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

This comparison was made in the usual GW state of mind: “I will compare the specs and tell you which one is the superior wheel.”

It’s not like that, man. The specs have long exceeded what most riders will ever use. What remains is how the ride modes are programmed, how the suspension works in different environments and different rider weights, what are the maintenance requirements in the long run, ergonomics, comfort, headlight performance and usability, usability of the extra features instead of just existence, turning behavior, pedal dipping, handling while riding, handling when not riding, etc.

The narrator mentioned riding the S20, so he should’ve had something to say about the points above, but none were mentioned.

Specs wars is so 2019.

It's because you are an OG rider jaded with years of riding that you think so ( @houseofjob get out of this body 😁) . People still like to look at specs before buying, hence the purpose of this video. Come to nyc chat, you will see "134v" repeatedly mentioned. Thanks for your input🙏

Edited by Ronin Ryder

voltage is something but not everything, what really matters is power delivery and how it rides imho

but we can expect something really good with the master, simply becouse it's a well known c38 motor running higher voltage

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EMA said:

voltage is something but not everything, what really matters is power delivery and how it rides imho

but we can expect something really good with the master, simply becouse it's a well known c38 motor running higher voltage

Thats for sure, Master has the Potential to rule them all

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, fbhb said:

XiaoWu making rock climbing look effortless on the Master, in his usual remarkable, amazingly skilful style!

I was surprised by the rider’s stiff legs, especially considering the terrain. Then I realized that the side panels of the Master don’t allow bending at the knees. That’s why he has to lean forward from the waist to push forward on inclines.

I really hope the panels are adjustable, or at least removable.

• Like 1

I 100% agree. Its the first concern I had when I saw this Master. Pad is a must but they need to give more room for shin moovements. For me a good front pad placement is something like the s18 (I dont like the s18 front pad but I think they got the distance and angle right). I like pad that does not get in the way but are there when you need theme. On all my wheel I kinda of need to bend my kney to touch pads. I feel that this gives the best control and options. I know that pad can be a preference thing depending on your riding style and expérience. Anyway it's always easier to make a stock pad thicker than make it thinner. Hope they will change it. Eatherway I am probably gonna buy this wheel and custome it to my taste.

• Like 1

IMO, all black is the look for this wheel. I'm still not thrilled with the look of the lights or early videos of how they're aimed (sure to have been corrected) but all black has a certain elegance... black tie if you will.

Should we be wailing about the blue taillight? Nah, firmware thing for certain.

I bet the back of your legs are gonna get pretty muddy but that might be a fair trade if you can put a wider selection of tires on it.

7 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I bet the back of your legs are gonna get pretty muddy but that might be a fair trade if you can put a wider selection of tires on it.

i bet the entire rider will be covered with dust/mud/water and so on :D all this new "naked" wheel should be covered in some way imho

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is that glossy finish on the battery packs?

It looks like the side surface will be just fine to put better power pads and a plate across the front/rear packs if needed.
Interesting to think each pack will be a 32s1p with its own BMS! If these were smart BMS then it could provide literal cell-level monitoring.

I see a lot of potential for aftermarket mudguard tho, this thing will spray like crazy (especially at higher speed)

• Upvote 1

I find this wheel looks more pleasing than the S20, not so many pointy plastic bits. Looks like a solid street and off-roading wheel. My body is ready…

It’s a Sherman with suspension with practical considerations for range vs weight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Interesting to think each pack will be a 32s1p with its own BMS! If these were smart BMS then it could provide literal cell-level monitoring.

So it's a 4P wheel? And whats the max continuous amp output on the LG50MT? Is it 10A? I appreciate its running higher voltage than all previous wheels though.

Individual cell level monitoring would be awesome.