Mango

This wheel looks really nice - and the specs are the best.  The safety-margin is superb , i like that, and its a "must have".   However; at 50 Kg, it's to heavy for me (more than 75% of my body weight)   $4000 is about the same as my two(3) wheels costs,  together....  And now it looks like you have to wait for 6 - 12 months?  Nah....  Good Job Inmotion, wish you luck with the sales, but...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

You don't need a special mode, i push my monster up stairs all the time, that is one of the advantage of a larger diameter wheel. 

Confirming. I push my Sherman (now Max) the same. Works even better with the S22.

To my surprise the 16X does it as well despite the smaller tire! A nice skill to practice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

This wheel looks really nice - and the specs are the best.  The safety-margin is superb , i like that, and its a "must have".   However; at 50 Kg, it's to heavy for me (more than 75% of my body weight)   $4000 is about the same as my two(3) wheels costs,  together....  And now it looks like you have to wait for 6 - 12 months?  Nah....  Good Job Inmotion, wish you luck with the sales, but...

Yea but look at KS orders that are well over a year wait.  Nothing new.  Only Begode has the records for turning out the most wheels in a time period and having them on the market the fastest.  Of course the caveat to that is it might be the fastest but the quality is the the worst! 

4 hours ago, Cranium said:

The delays with the S20/S22 led up to this point and my money is now on the Challenger.   I received my email for final payment of the S22 a couple days ago and have released this to be purchased by someone else in line for it. 

I received a similar update from Jason tonight about the Challenger production schedule. No solid price on the V13 yet but I also decided to apply my initial S22 deposit (and then some) to the Challenger. I waited a year for the S22 …what’s a few more months.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

In stair trolley mode, rather than the wheel holding itself completely upright it tilts itself forward at say a 45° angle

Any (larger) tilt will be contra productive as it will cause the casing hitting the stairs on most of the wheels ... and smaller tilting will be too negligible to bother with in a first place. Also  having the wheel tilted at such large angle would make quite uncomfortable to manipulate with the trolley handle, especially on later Inmotion wheels. 

I regularly push V12-HT up and down 3 (medium height) stairs without any problems as well as couple of higher stairs here and there while visiting some shops. So far apart of one shop with short steep stairs it was not a problem.

And technically, most if the wheels already allow some tilting of the wheel via app (or touch screen), albeit not in such large angles, as well as limiting the maximum speed. However it would be pretty cumbersome changing multiple settings numerous times a day, so unless for example @Seba would built something like this into EUC World app as one push function, I don't think anyone would use such option "manually" on regular bases.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

I still want those automatic/mechanical pedals and the touch pass code tho.

I'd actually prefer RFID reader lock. I use RFID ring to access multiple locks and the benefit is it works in any weather and even with gloves.

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I received a similar update from Jason tonight about the Challenger production schedule. No solid price on the V13 yet but I also decided to apply my initial S22 deposit (and then some) to the Challenger. I waited a year for the S22 …what’s a few more months.

So what speeds do you expect to ride this at? 

On a side note.  I heard a timeframe or target around October but that could be for reviewers. 

I  am  pretty sure Inmotion are looking at chat discussions and making minor adjustments that can still make it into public opinion.  Such as tire choices.  

13 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Price of these large wheels may be the brake on market acceptance. After all in China you can get a 4 door EV car for US$4400. And not just a junk one but something like the Letin Mengo for RMB 29,800 ($4400). Almost Corolla size, 25kW motor 12 kwh battery, 100km/hr, 130km, 2x9" display and automatic parking on some models.

Screenshot at 2022-08-12 17-08-09.png

Nice model.

11 hours ago, That Guy said:

I guess it sort of makes sense. They are planning to send the test wheels to multiple testers by the end of August. Take a month for delivery (at best), then a month for testing and then a month for homework on any issues. Provided there are no muck-ups and the original design stays largely unchanged November sounds the best case for the start of mass-production... 

What a sensible reply. You're right.

I am just a bit disappointed that it isn't like with Begode wheels, where the first batch ships out more or less when you first hear of the wheel.

The V13 does look very nice and shiny, so it would be nice to see it in people's hands sooner, even if I don't want a 22 incher myself. IM please give us some official high res pictures to swoon over!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I do have to chuckle to myself when I hear that 60 mph is "safety margin". Don't know about y'all, but when I get into an oh-shoot situation I am usually jamming on the brakes, not romping on the gas.

Safety margin is for sudden bumps or any rider induced short term acceleration, wind gusts, stuff in your tire, or whatever else requires a sudden power surge and enough extra voltage to not crash at that speed. The wheel can't differentiate between this and intentional accelerating, it just tries to keep itself (and you) balanced. Margin is margin. So it's not just about speeding up to escape danger.

Why exactly the margin is so high at these speeds, I have no idea.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why exactly the margin is so high at these speeds, I have no idea.

What if a heavy rider wants to go top speed up a mountain highway with headwind? 90 km/h top speed is a tall order.

Should the motor current not be limited by the controller, maximum power occurs at roughly 50% of the free spin speed. Aerodynamic drag is a load that increases with the  square of the speed. For higher loads, you would want to operate closer to the maximum power point.

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, DavidB said:

Price of these large wheels may be the brake on market acceptance. After all in China you can get a 4 door EV car for US$4400. And not just a junk one but something like the Letin Mengo for RMB 29,800 ($4400). Almost Corolla size, 25kW motor 12 kwh battery, 100km/hr, 130km, 2x9" display and automatic parking on some models.

Screenshot at 2022-08-12 17-08-09.png

almost 5000 for plastic chineese euc-toy, which will be broken after 2-3 years - is pure joke. 

Used car cost same and last 10x longer.

Edited by Greg X
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, DavidB said:

There is no magic here. Just look at the BOM, and you will know how the money was spent. Something got to give. 

25 kW motor, 12 kWh battery, and the controller alone couldn't have been that cheap.

Edited by techyiam

I’m glad I stuck with my S22 preorder. I had decided I would likely buy both but the weight of the V13 is just too much, and I have no need for that much speed.

Hopefully the V14 will cut the weight and speed by about 40%. 35mph with a big safety margin would be perfect for me I think.

I guess I was hoping for a V12 sized wheel with a reliable controller and suspension. 

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Upvote 1

well, it seems that Monster 22" stay still more resonable choice - same tire, similiar range and comfort, simpler construction, better reliability, MUCH less weight (28kg vs 50kg), smaller case size, and....40% of price v13. 

Ofc. v13 looks nice, but all that it offers isn't worth to pay extra 2600usd.

1monster-3.21ba5615.jpg

If only Begode could make Monster4 with 2700wh battery and price max 2k usd - it would be true besteller.

Edited by Greg X
  • Haha 1