Mango

I really love what I've seen of the v13 so far, the care in safety considerations, ability to make it suspension or non-suspenion, 4500 w motor...Does it feel strange to anyone else that we get a 3024wh battery for an 110lb wheel? Maybe I'm being nitpicky - I realize probably no euc will be perfect.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

Does it feel strange to anyone else that we get a 3024wh battery for an 110lb wheel?

That's the tradeoff for fairly "slim" wheel. The range should be still decent and can be extended even more by riding a bit slower / less aggressively if necessary. 

Edited by HEC

4 minutes ago, HEC said:

That's the tradeoff for fairley "slim" wheel. The range should be still decent and can be extended even more by riding a but slower / less aggressively if necessary. 

Moreover, there is the 14 A fast charging option. 

On a group ride, I don't think it would be a problem unless everybody else has a 3600+Wh wheel. There are lots of Sherman's and EX.N's out there right now.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, techyiam said:

On a group ride, I don't think it would be a problem unless everybody else has a 3600+Wh wheel. There are lots of Sherman's and EX.N's out there right now.

Yeah for that 14a fast charge option you would have to buy two 7 amp chargers each costing 450$ .so 900$ Extra to fast charge your wheel at 14 amps  .yikes most people would just charge at 12 amps since it comes with a 5amp stock  and buy one 7 amp..source is from the ewheels pre order page …What chager is packaged with the V13 & what is the max rate of charge? 
The V13 is supplied with a stock 5A/630W charger. There will be an optional 7A charger available for $450

10 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Yeah for that 14a fast charge option you would have to buy two 7 amp chargers each costing 450$ .so 900$ Extra to fast charge your wheel at 14 amps  .yikes most people would just charge at 12 amps since it comes with a 5amp stock  and buy one 7 amp..source is from the ewheels pre order page …What chager is packaged with the V13 & what is the max rate of charge? 
The V13 is supplied with a stock 5A/630W charger. There will be an optional 7A charger available for $450

But that doesn't take away the 14 A fast charging option. 14 A fast charging implies you can use fast charging up to 14 A.  Some may not mind paying for the factory chargers, and others may want to use cheaper alternatives instead, or use lower amperage fast charging. These are the options. It is up to the individual to find the best option.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

That's a great point! And EXN has 2700 wh so should have even more range than that. I'm not going to get the Master Pro and deal with Begode batteries so v13 is the one I'll take. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Paradox said:

On most recent group rides we are now blowing circuits right and left as everyone wants to charge at 8+ amps. 

I just went to eWheels to look up fast charging for the EX.N with Li-Tech. And it said up to 8 A. Sounds like some of those riders need to upgrade. 🙂

Are you seeing many Sherman Maxes?

Edited by techyiam

On 8/17/2022 at 7:43 AM, Dan Hillary said:

I think Paradox means breakers at charging locations, not blowing wheel boards. When 2-3 people all plug into the same wall outlet at a destination it's easy to trip a 15a breaker.

Ha ha. I see. Nobody is keeping tabs of loading per outlet or hoping for the best, and everyone wants maximum recharge. Thanks.

This brings to light a new issue than. If everyone is using 14A charging, that is going to be a quagmire. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If everyone is using 14A charging, that is going to a quagmire. 

EV level 2 charge points! But someone has to babysit while everyone else wanders off for beers and brats. And you have to find one that actually works.

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

EV level 2 charge points! But someone has to babysit while everyone else wanders off for beers and brats. And you have to find one that actually works.

Plus, food places have to be close to the L2 charging point, no other drivers fighting for an outlet, and who is going to be the saint. 

Tall order in general.

Maybe take more charging breaks, and take turns, perhaps. 

Edited by techyiam

3 hours ago, Fuerte said:

I put in a preorder for MasterPro, but after chatting with Jason I changed it to the V13. Jason really seems to think this will be a great wheel, and I am pretty excited.

Did he say anything in particular that you would share about it? I also have a preorder for it through ewheels and am really excited.

Learning that ewheels was planning to use Begode batteries for the master pro was a deal breaker for me.

Edited by RamonatheCat
  • Like 1

The Begode batteries are completely different from the few ones that had fire problems. Different cells, different voltages and different BMSes, more safety measures. Also, the 18650 Gotway batteries of old were the best ones available, so it's not like they have a history of battery issues compared to others (there also were V10 and V11 fires, for example).

I think worrying about Begode batteries is unjustified.

But of course there is "totally completely good" (Begode) and "next level" on the V13, so maybe you guys just want the extra quality and peace of mind? Personally, Begode batteries certainly would not stop me from choosing one of their wheels.

I'd say the V13 is nice enough as it is, no extra justification needed:)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

That’s weird cuz i got my new wheel a few months ago and they come with litech batteries and now they are coming with molicel .

It is weird. Apparently, someone posted that eWheels is making an exception for the Master Pro, and not use Li-Tech battery packs for this wheel.

Just now, techyiam said:

It is weird. Apparently, someone posted that eWheels is making an exception for the Master Pro, and not use Li-Tech battery packs for this wheel.

They probably aren’t using molicel due to the 4800wh cost .it would easily be over 5,000$ for the master pro then 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

They probably aren’t using molicel due to the 4800wh cost .it would easily be over 5,000$ for the master pro then 

Sounds reasonable. 

eWheels is offering the choices of Samsung 50E and 40T, but the 40T comes with 1kWh less battery capacity. But no Li-Tech.

Edited by techyiam