Mango

Lol I'm not a pauper but they're taking the piss with that 4500 pricetag. I don't have a problem forking it over but I do not feel that I would get value for money and that is important to me, it keeps me in check.

• Like 1

$4000

If you preorder, you can get the V13.

Or, you can get the Commander.

If you ride at higher speeds, that 110 lbs is going to be a godsend should you encounter a wind blast. If you are not looking for a cruiser, why would you be looking at the Abrams, EX20S, Monster Pro, or V13?

In each slider on each side, there is an air spring, and a separate damper. There are no suspension links.

You can even take out the suspension if you so desire, or put it back when you want to. This is a first.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

I'm in. At $4k, it's right there with the other long range wheels and has suspension, if you want it. There's a pretty good buffer at 55mph to prevent one from having a high speed cut out. 

There's no reason to even buy a Abrams with this wheel being out. 

• Upvote 1

Which other PEV can you get 4500W continuous, 10 000W peak for $4000?

And as an euc, it is less than 8" wide, with unprecedented safety features. 

That slider system with separate internal struts is innovative.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

Looks great but I have to see it in action before committing. If it has a real, great working suspension that won’t need crazy mods then I might get in on the preorder. Sure hope this goes better than their V12 launch.

11 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

Looks great but I have to see it in action before committing. If it has a real, great working suspension that won’t need crazy mods then I might get in on the preorder. Sure hope this goes better than their V12 launch.

I think Inmotion has made some inroads towards mitigating costs, and reduce downtime. The suspension can actually be converted to non suspension, and all the mosfets are on a separate dedicated board. Should there be issues with the mosfets, I think that it may be a lot less costly to replace, then what had to be done with the V12. Suspension can be converted so the owner can still ride while waiting for parts.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow, you can just diy-remove the suspension if you don't want one. Cool!

I were told they would sell it as non-suspension wheel with upgrade kit.  But I guess feedback from different places changed this. 

22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Does anybody know an official website/official pictures/official anything (other than the video)? This video had surprisingly little new information other than confirming the looks and suspension, and giving the price and weight.

When can you buy it?

Did they seriously not announce a shipping date? :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Short comment about the charging: it has two charge ports, and each port can do 7A max. So that's where their 14A/1764W=14A*126V charging number comes from. In principle, any wheel with two GX20 charge ports can do the same.

Also, here's the official source for the top speed: a Youtube live chat comment;)

image.png.ba588973254964abe1b2a32ee33e5f2e.png

90kph = 56mph

With a 90 km/h top speed, and a 140 km/h free-spin speed, that's a 50 km/h safety margin.

I wonder if 110 lbs is enough to help fight the crosswinds or turbulence at the higher speeds? Maybe riders have to start thinking about aerodynamic aids, in addition to motorcycle grade or higher safety gear.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

A lot of you will think I'm crazy, but I can already travel at 90km/h on my (newly P42A) Master. I've even hit 94km/h downhill. But, there is a real safety difference between the Master and V13 at these speeds. I upped by power alarm from 80% PWM/load to 85% PWM/load and I always hit it at these speeds, whereas the V13 could do it easily. I feel like it would be a waste of all the engineering IM put into this wheel only to cap it to well below what it's capable of. The high price of this wheel is tough for me to justify at this speed, but if they allow 100km/h, I'm getting it right away.

• Like 2