Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Rumors of a new Kingsong suspension wheel named S20 confirmed. Official reveal August 26, 2021. These are the leaked photos and specs.

S20-Specification-Summary1_1800x1800.thumb.jpg.18f50aa7fb25ccea923117e397cf11b2.jpg

20" tire. 126V. 3300W motor. 2220 Wh battery. 70km/hr. Dual 10amp charging. Integrated display, seat and kickstand. Spiked pedals comes standard. Adjustable power and jump pads. Wow!

Tentative: $3200 USD. 66lbs/30kg. Expected delivery Dec 2021 - January 2022.

Suspension System:
DNM RCP-2S 240-75 spring suspension, 750lbsNon-linear dampening, 130mm suspension travel (30mm more than S18), 75mm spring travel (57mm for S18),  

Motor Power:
3300 Watts (7500 watt max). 40 degree climbing angle. 70km/hr (43.5 mph) top speed. 105 km/hr (65 mph) free spin speed. Custom 60mm hollow bore motor, custom bearing seals and temperature monitoring. 

Controller:
Modular controller integrates lights, charger, on/off, and display. 4-layer design. 12 high voltage MOS  TO-247. 16 heatsink columns for fast heat dissipation.

Battery:
2200 Wh. LG50LT 21700 5000mA, 120 cells. Smart BMS. 10amp dual charging. 4 hour charge time. 200km est. range. Comes with 6amp charger.

IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.PNG

IMG_2728.JPG

Edited by mrelwood
Rumors of S20 confirmed / S22 added.
  • Like 3

That too. And if that is the pedal height before a rider compresses the suspension, it’s either going to compete with the super low pedal height of the Tesla, or the non-existent suspension travel of the EX. Maybe even both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

These are the images that go around. Notice how they are completely different designs?

94478A9D-65EE-4993-AAC0-40C14C6F37AD.jpeg

8DF5B94A-8348-4EC1-8BDC-20FDFB4A8221.jpeg

The internet is full of HOAX. These photoshopped images even look really shitty. I'm sure @Rehab1can create a much better one! :thumbup:

• Like 3

I went to bed excited after watching GGG leak/rumor vid. Now waking up to reality.

Thanks a lot guys. Kin u spel Debby Downer ?

gonna go ride my wheel.....

Edited by OldFartRides
  • Like 1

One will recall the pictures of KS16X when it was launched. A bit later we got to see prototype that neven came to be. That is the center piece of this aprils fool pic. I am surprised so few picked that up. 

• Like 2

There are a few things that look off on the pic.  Some parts of it look a bit out of whack. 

The shark 20 font looks a bit odd. 

Even the back fender looks a bit off. 

I am not claiming fake, because if KS is working on a 20in suspension wheel, this is prob not far off from what it may look like.

I sort of expect kingsong to show something soon. Maybe very close after inmotion pulls the rest if the curtain off the v12. 

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, null said:

The thing that looked like the rock wheel render? I can't recall there was any view of the handle that looked like this. I'll try to digg it up.

edit: For ref  Here are the Rockwheel renders that probably inspired the 16X: it has the same tapered outer shape. (Looking good, early 2018)

edit 2: Oldest 16X renders I can find, they are fairly close to final on the handle.. The "purple light" renders are the same 3D.

This should be right now. If I recall right I found it on a Russian forum.

Some things just glue on my mind others things not so much (I am silly stupid at names, music and film titles). 

Edited by Unventor
I added wrong link before.
  • Like 1

On the OverWheel FB Page: 

OW SHARK 20
Overwheel will get its wheel in 2022?????? 🤔🤔
2500 W-2700 Wh-20 inc.

Does this sound like the wheel is King Songs?

Are OverWheel and King Song the same company? 
Release date shows 2022. Is that when KS planned to release a 20” wheel? 
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Overwheel seems to be an Italian dealer: https://www.overwheel.it/

Here's the link to the FB page for anyone interested: https://www.facebook.com/overwheelitalia/

I’m sorry, all my questions on the Shark 20 being seen as a King Song  were passively rhetorical.  

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

King Song has a brief history of allowing other people's branding on their wheels, maybe that's happening again?

On a wheel coming out in 2022? 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really hoping for this one. KS build quality is stellar and seeing the DIY tactics of S18 owners even further substantiates the functionality of the suspension design.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

Whoever releases a 20" suspension wheel that can compete with the Sherman WINS PLANET EARTH

....its soooo obvious the market is hungry for this, why is it taking so long!?!?!

Edited by Tryptych